Welcome, Guest

The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :)
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 340744 Views

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 15 Feb 2010 21:11 #53421

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 15 Feb 2010 20:39:

take it easy shmear.

Ok fine, but what if we did? what would his avatar be? mybe something like this:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwMOX_qnRbp9MDZiOTExZDItMjlkNS00NmU4LWIxZDQtMjQzNjg5YjJmZmNk&hl=en

Although I may lack creativity, it's the effort that counts.  hey what do you think I am, a BY girl? How am I supposed to know how to do any quality graphic design? Sheesh! The next thing you know, he's gonna ask me to list every sefer in nach. BTW how many are there? mybe 7up knows
Last Edit: 15 Feb 2010 21:21 by .

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 17 Feb 2010 01:34 #53717

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
Parked my car in a "no parking 8am-9am" zone at about 7:50. But lemazali there was another yid there, stnading over his own car, protecting it from the meter maids.  When they came to give me a ticket, they just assumed both where his.  Hmm now how does that work? 

..... if she only had half a brain, they would have upgraded her to police dog.
Last Edit: by .

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 19 Feb 2010 16:05 #54365

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
shirt.woot.com/

The t-shirt only seemed mildly amusing to me - but I laughed my way through the product description!

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 21 Feb 2010 05:34 #54471

• Bestrong88
  • Current streak: 275 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm in a bad rut right now, it's insane. I can't seem to pull myself out...

Any advice would be appreciated, please send it to my email (bestrong1988@gmail.com)

Thanks guys

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 21 Feb 2010 06:30 #54480

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm coming!!!!!!

I'm also in a rut. Which rut are you in, I'll try shlepping all my 'bagadge' over to your place.

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 21 Feb 2010 14:46 #54514

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
try posting 2 word responses on all the threads maybe that will help?
I'm sorry
I'm sorry
I'm sorry
I'm sorry

I really couldn't resist.

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 21 Feb 2010 23:21 #54644

• shemirateinayim
Do I look like I'm smiling?

....I think not!

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 22 Feb 2010 01:56 #54680

• Dov
  • Administrator
Rage ATM wrote on 16 Feb 2010 23:54:

So the other day I went to the supermarket, and I was there for literally 5 minutes. When I came out there was a motorcycle cop writing a parking ticket. So I went up to him and said, "Come on, buddy, how about giving a guy a break?"

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. So I called him a pencil-necked Nazi lover. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for worn tires!

So I then asked him if his psychiatrist makes him lie face down on the couch cause he's so ugly. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket!

This went on for about 20 minutes... the more I insulted him, the more tickets he wrote. I didn't care. My car was parked around the corner.

Thanks, Rage, I laughed louder than ever! And no people are around. It's weird, you know...
BTW, a similar european (polish, probably) joke my father used to tell me every few years was about a jew on a train and an antisemitt' (say it right if yer gonna say it) comes over to him and tells him to put the suitcase at his feet into the berth. The yid ignores him and begind to shake and mumble. The phillistine gets irate and the yid just starts to sing something and shukle some more...finally the guy grabs the suitcase and heaves it out the window with a wild laugh.
The yid is sings more cleary and with a bearly recognizable smile: "iz nit eh-mineh valisko..."
(go ahead and sing it once in a while).

PS. Once in a while, when lust comes around knocking on my little brain's forgotten open window, I sing "iz nit eh-mineh valisko!". Might as well have some fun being sober, no?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: 22 Feb 2010 01:58 by .

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 23 Feb 2010 17:46 #54991

• shemirateinayim
I assume that more bored people come onto this thread, than depressed people. So how about we all have some pored person's fun, and modify our birthdate to todays date. lets's see just how many GYE members canft on the calander page.      Oh yo didn't know that there is a callander on this site? It's the toolbar between :
My Messages  l  Calendar  l  Members  l  Logout   

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 25 Feb 2010 20:35 #55503

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
OK who knows what the stars under my username mean. It's not from the WOH b/c I unceremoniously walked off of there.    And I don't think it's for a clean streak, since my sobriety was not documented on the system.

Mybe it's for how long I have been a member?? But I there are others who have been on here since the launch of the forum?  OK mybe it's rating how much I read that person's threads???

I'm stumped???

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 25 Feb 2010 21:07 #55510

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I think it has to do with how many posts you've made - kinda goes along with your membership level - but anyone who got a "married" status got bumped back down to one star.

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 25 Feb 2010 21:26 #55512

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I understood that it has to do if Guard likes you or not, over 3 he like you.

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 25 Feb 2010 22:11 #55517

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Me3 wrote on 25 Feb 2010 21:26:

I understood that it has to do if Guard likes you or not, over 3 he like you.

Right, I like only the star-belly sneetches.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 25 Feb 2010 22:16 by .

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 25 Feb 2010 22:55 #55521

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
why did your scanner give you all those randomly placed "digitalizations"?

I don't like Dr Suess, I was always scared of his pictures as a kid, and they still freek me out to this very day.

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 28 Feb 2010 23:50 #55735

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
This is a really funny Purim News report

The fourth video from the left on this site:

matzav.com/featured-videos

"The Mendy Report"  ;D ;D ;D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes