Welcome, Guest

The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :)
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 340736 Views

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 28 Jan 2010 16:09 #49147

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Recently with all the security scares, people are concerned about flying. Although in the event that there actually is a terrorist with a bomb out there, the chances that he will be on your plane is considerably low. About 1:10,000,000
However, for those who this figure is simply not convincing enough, don't walk just yet!
There still is another option to maximize your saftey.
It's actually very simple.
Just bring a bomb on the plane yourself. (And make sure you don't accidentally detonate it).
The chances of two bombs being on one plane are 1:1,000,000,000,000
Last Edit: by .

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 29 Jan 2010 00:40 #49359

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 29 Jan 2010 00:24:

I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, this addiction, etc.,  I called the Suicide Lifeline. I got a call center in Pakistan , and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck.
Oh i thought all the pakistanis are computer engineers. Hmmmmmmm. Maybe thats why they need a trcuk driver.

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 29 Jan 2010 02:38 #49430

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh, man... :

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 29 Jan 2010 08:11 #49473

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
ovadia wrote on 28 Jan 2010 15:02:

I don't know if this is in the Ruach of this thread, (it was sent to me, and I am not sure whether it is a joke or for real) but I thought that I would post it anyway.

HOW TO STAY SAFE IN THE WORLD TODAY

Ahah! I just copied this and will use it on some other forum .... or whenever I have a chance!
Last Edit: 29 Jan 2010 08:14 by .

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 29 Jan 2010 09:07 #49477

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 29 Jan 2010 01:54:

its because theyre recruiting suicide bombers....i guess that joke just bombed!
Cmon bro dont take me for the oldie my avatar shows. I got the joke as soon as i read it. was trying to play along.  :-\ :-\ :-\

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 29 Jan 2010 15:32 #49587

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Rage ATM wrote on 29 Jan 2010 14:58:

This joke is dedicated to 7up, who i understand is gonna turn 84 years old next week!

"The local news station was interviewing an 84-year-old lady because she had just gotten married for the fourth time. The interviewer asked her questions about her life, about what it felt like to be marrying again at 84 and then about her new husband's occupation. 'He's a funeral director.' she answered.

"'Interesting,' the newsman thought. He then asked her if she wouldn't mind telling him about her first three husbands and what they did for a living. She paused for a few moments, needing time to reflect on all those years.

"After a short time, a smile came to her face and she answered proudly, explaining that she first married a banker when she was in her early 20s, then a circus ringmaster when she was in her 40s, later a preacher when in her 60s, and now in her 80s a funeral director.

"The interviewer looked at her, quite astonished, and asked why she had married four men with such diverse careers.

"'Easy, son,' she smiled. 'I married one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready and four to go!'"

Not 84, Rage - 48!!! > > > (Sorry, 7Up, if I'm overstating it by a few years!).

I've heard that very clever joke before, but the Chazarah was well worth it! :D
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: 29 Jan 2010 15:34 by .

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 30 Jan 2010 20:40 #49664

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
thanks rage! I really liked the second one. Not because it was addressed to me. It really says alot. if you know what i mean! It also reminds me of soem films.

Into C.E.? Acting?

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 31 Jan 2010 07:25 #49813

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
By the way, IT, every time I see your signature, the first thing that pops into my head is "Who's chuck? And where is he walking?"

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 31 Jan 2010 21:13 #49954

• Dov
  • Administrator
Very funny Rage, or OLO, or LLO, or is itLLO? Whatever! Funny.

Oh, and happy birthday, 7-Up!

You know, one good thing about getteing old: When you are old, it's easier to laugh at...what was I saying?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 31 Jan 2010 21:41 #49959

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
silentbattle wrote on 31 Jan 2010 07:25:

By the way, IT, every time I see your signature, the first thing that pops into my head is "Who's chuck? And where is he walking?"
Chuck is the guy in the pic and notice hes taking a rest from all the walking!

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 01 Feb 2010 02:36 #50054

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Or is it "chuck" (the verb) the walker? Cuz i tried that today, and after he picked himself off, he was running! Good thing I can run faster...

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 01 Feb 2010 23:30 #50362

• Dov
  • Administrator
Hilarious, hilarious, etc.!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 02 Feb 2010 05:25 #50440

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
WOW now that's kibud eim!!! to whatever extent it applies to one's grandmother escapes me at the moment.    BUT WOW what a chessed!!!

cool

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 02 Feb 2010 12:03 #50499

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage im gonna rely on all above that tour post was funny. Did not have the time to read it all. Was busy trying to make sure i wouldnt be late for the lchaim!!

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 03 Feb 2010 08:03 #50822

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The following conversation actualy happened on the GYE forum:

Which filter do you use?

I use a revolutionary "bionic filter" called 'Eyelids'.  After many years of painstaking research, the most gifted minds of our generation have found a way to filter the content veiwed by our eyes (the most sensitive organ of our body). Teams of researchers have descovered that by training the human eyelid to close, one can effectively block-out all unwanted content. Coupled with such exersices known as squinting, and peripheral vision, mankind has found a way to bridge the gap between internet content filters, and real life sight.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes