Welcome, Guest

The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :)
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 340733 Views

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 17 Jan 2010 01:58 #46153

• Tev
Yiddle watsup my man??
Last Edit: by .

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 17 Jan 2010 13:40 #46233

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
Yiddle2 wrote on 15 Jan 2010 01:49:

I figure I'll hang out here cause as I said in my thread, it is depresing that nobody is POSTING!!

Actual dialogue of a former Wordperfect Customer Support Employee (CSE)

Customer Support Employee (CSE): May I help you?

Customer: Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect.

CSE: What sort of trouble?

Customer: Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away.

CSE: Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?

Customer: Nothing.

CSE: Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?

Customer: How do I tell?

CSE: Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?

Customer: What's a sea-prompt?

CSE: Never mind. Can you move the cursor around on the screen?

Customer: There isn't any cursor: I told you, it won't accept anything I type.

CSE: Does your monitor have a power indicator?

Customer: What's a monitor?

CSE: It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on?

Customer: I don't know.

CSE: Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?

Customer: Yes, I think so.

CSE: Great! Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the wall.

Customer: I can't. It's dark out here.

CSE: Dark?

Customer: There's a power outage.

CSE: A power... A power outage? Aha! Okay, we've got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in with?

Customer: Well, yes, I keep them in the closet.

CSE: Good! Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from.

Customer: Really? Is it that bad?

CSE: Yes, I'm afraid it is.

Customer: Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?

CSE: Tell them you're too stupid to own a computer.

Flight Software

At a recent computer software engineering course, the participants were given an awkward question to answer:

"If you had just boarded an airliner and discovered that your team of programmers had been responsible for the flight control software, how many of you would disembark immediately?"

Among the ensuing forest of raised hands only one man sat motionless. When asked what he would do, he replied that he would be quite content to stay aboard. With his team's software, he said, the plane was unlikely to even taxi as far as the runway, let alone take off.

Owner's Manual

READ THIS FIRST

Congratulations! You have purchased an extremely fine device that would give you thousands of years of trouble-free service, except that you will undoubtedly will destroy it via some typical bonehead consumer maneuver. Which is why we ask you to PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE READ THIS OWNER'S MANUAL CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU UNPACK THE DEVICE. YOU ALREADY UNPACKED IT, DIDN'T YOU? YOU UNPACKED IT AND PLUGGED IT IN AND TURNED IT ON AND FIDDLED WITH THE KNOBS, AND NOW YOUR CHILD, THE SAME CHILD WHO ONCE SHOVED A POLISH SAUSAGE INTO YOUR VIDEOCASSETTE RECORDER AND SET IT ON "FAST FORWARD", THIS CHILD ALSO IS FIDDLING WITH THE KNOBS, RIGHT? WE MIGHT AS WELL JUST BREAK THESE DEVICES RIGHT AT THE FACTORY BEFORE WE SHIP THEM OUT, YOU KNOW THAT?

We're sorry. We just get a little crazy sometimes because we're always getting back "defective" merchandise where it turns out that the consumer inadvertently bathed the device in acid for six days. So, in writing these instructions, we naturally tend to assume that your skull is filled with dead insects, but we mean nothing by it. OK? Now let's talk about:

1. UNPACKING THE DEVICE. The device is encased in foam to protect it from the Shipping People, who like nothing more than to jab spears into outgoing boxes. PLEASE INSPECT THE CONTENTS CAREFULLY FOR GASHES OR IDA MAE BARKER'S ENGAGEMENT RING, WHICH SHE LOST LAST WEEK, AND SHE THINKS MAYBE IT WAS WHILE SHE WAS PACKING DEVICES. Ida Mae really wants that ring back, because it is her only proof of engagement, and her fiancee, Stuart, it now seriously considering backing out on the whole thing inasmuch as he had consumed most of a bottle of Jim Beam in Quality Control when he decided to pop the question. It is not without irony that Ida Mae's last name is "Barker", if you get our drift.

WARNING: DO NOT EVER AS LONG AS YOU LIVE THROW AWAY THE BOX OR ANY OF THE PIECES OF STYROFOAM, EVEN THE LITTLE ONES SHAPED LIKE PEANUTS. If you attempt to return the device to the store, and you are missing one single peanut, the store personnel will laugh in the chilling manner exhibited by Joseph Stalin just after he enslaved Eastern Europe.

Besides the device, the box should contain:
Eight little rectangular snippets of paper that say "WARNING"
A little plastic packet containing four 5/17 inch pilfer grommets and two club-ended 6/93 inch boxcar prawns.

YOU WILL NEED TO SUPPLY: a matrix wrench and 60,000 feet of tram cable.

IF ANYTHING IS DAMAGED OR MISSING: You IMMEDIATELY should turn to your spouse and say "Margaret, you know why this country can't make a car that can get all the way through the drive-through at Burger King without a major transmission overhaul? Because nobody cares, that's why."

WARNING: This is assuming your spouse's name is Margaret.

2. PLUGGING IN THE DEVICE: The plug on this device represents the latest thinking of the electrical industry's Plug Mutation Group, which, in a continuing effort to prevent consumers from causing hazardous electrical current to flow through their appliances, developed the Three-Pronged Plug, then the Plug Where One Prong is Bigger Than the Other. Your device is equipped with the revolutionary new Plug Whose Prongs Consist of Six Small Religious Figurines Made of Chocolate. DO NOT TRY TO PLUG IT IN! Lay it gently on the floor near an outlet, but out of direct sunlight, and clean it weekly with a damp handkerchief.

WARNING: WHEN YOU ARE LAYING THE PLUG ON THE FLOOR, DO NOT HOLD A SHARP OBJECT IN YOUR OTHER HAND AND TRIP OVER THE CORD AND POKE YOUR EYE OUT, AS THIS COULD VOID THE WARRANTY.

3. OPERATION OF THE DEVICE. WARNING: WE MANUFACTURE ONLY THE ATTRACTIVE DESIGNER CASE. THE ACTUAL WORKING CENTRAL PARTS OF THE DEVICE ARE MANUFACTURED IN JAPAN. THE INSTRUCTIONS WERE TRANSLATED BY MRS. SHIRLEY PELTWATER OF ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE, WHO HAS NEVER ACTUALLY BEEN TO JAPAN BUT DOES HAVE MOST OF "SHOGUN" ON TAPE.

INSTRUCTIONS: For results that can be the finest, it is our advising that: NEVER to hold these buttons two times!! Except the battery. Next taking the (something) earth section may cause a large occurrence! However. If this is not a trouble, such rotation is a very maintainence action, as a kindly (something) virepoint from Drawing B.

4. WARRANTY: Be it hereby known that this device, together with but not excluding all those certain parts thereunto, shall be warrantied against all defects, failures and malfunctions as shall occur between now and Thursday afternoon shortly before 2, during which time the Manufacturer will, at no charge to the Owner, send the device to our Service People, who will emerge from their caves and engage in rituals designed to cleanse it of evil spirits. This warranty does not cover the attractive designer case.

IT IS TIME TO GET OUT OF CONSULTING WHEN...

You ask the waiter what the restaurant's core competencies are.

You decide to re-org your family into a "team-based organization".

You refer to dating as test marketing.

You can spell "paradigm".

You actually know what a paradigm is.

You understand your airline's fare structure.

You write executive summaries on your love letters.

You think that it's actually efficient to write a ten page paper with six other people you don't know.

You believe every company is "a traditional functional organization, with promotion based on tenure, but one that needs to change as it is facing ever increasing competition..."

You believe that a company's problems are never caused by an "ineffective handling of an administrative situation."

You believe you never have any problems in your life, just "issues" and "improvement opportunities."

You know every single piece of clip art in PowerPoint.

You calculate your own personal cost of capital.

You explain to your bank manager that you prefer to think of yourself as "highly leveraged' as opposed to "in debt".

You start doing your kid's math equations in reverse Polish notation.

You enjoy using an HP-12C.

You refer to your previous life as "my sunk cost".

You refer to your significant other as "my co-CEO."

Your favorite stories begin "Bob Jones, VP of marketing, sat at his desk and stared out his window..."

You like both types of sandwiches: ham and turkey.

You believe the best tables and graphs take an hour to comprehend.

You refer to divorce as "divestiture."

Your favorite artist is the one who does the dot drawings for the Wall Street Journal.

None of your favorite publications have cartoons.

You account for your tuition as a capital expenditure instead of an expense.

You insist that you do some more market research before you and your spouse produce another child.

At your last family reunion, you wanted to have an emergency meeting about their brand equity.

You've decided the only way to afford a house is to call your fellow alumni and offer to name a room after them, if they'll help with the down payment.

Your "deliverable" for Sunday evening is clean laundry and paid bills.

You use the term "value-added" without falling down laughing.

You ask the car salesman if the car comes with a whiteboard and Internet connection.

You give constructive feedback to your dog.

SUPPLEMENTARY GENERAL CONDITIONS

Article 1
The work we want performed is clearly indicated on the attached plans and specifications. The Architect, who has had plenty of college, has spent a lot of time drawing up these plans and specifications, but nobody can think of everything. Once your bid is submitted to the Owner-that's it brother! From then on, anything wanted by the Architect, the Owner, or any of his friends, or anybody else except the Contractor shall be considered as shown, specified, intended, or implied, and shall be provided by the Contractor without any expense to anyone except the Contractor.

Article 2
If the work is done without extra expense to the Contractor, then the work will be taken down and done over again until the extra expense to the Contractor is satisfactory to the Architect.

Article 3
The contract drawings are intended to be correct. If drawn wrong it should be discovered by the Contractor, corrected, and done right at his own expense. It won't cut any ice with the Owner or the Architect if the Contractor points out the mistakes which the Architect has drawn on the plans.

Article 4
The Contractor is not supposed to make fun of the Architect, his plans, or specifications. If he does, then the same consequence shall apply as stated in Article 3 above.

Article 5
Any Contractor walking around the job site with a smile on his face will be subject to a review of his bid.

Article 6
If the Contractor doesn't find all the Architect's mistakes prior to making his bid on this job, or if he doesn't have enough sense to know that the Architect is going to think up a bunch of new stuff that has to be done before the job can be deemed complete, then the Contractor shall provide any such items without extra expense to the Owner or Architect.

Article 7
Any evidence of satisfaction on the part of the Contractor shall be considered as just cause for withholding final payment.

BIG RIG DRIVER

I learned to drive an 18 wheeler in my days of adventure.

Wouldn't ya know... I misjudged the height of a bridge. The truck got stuck and I couldn't get it out, no matter how I tried.

I radioed in for help and eventually a local cop shows up to take the report.

He went through his basic questioning...OK...no problem. He looks pretty smart until he asks, "So...is your truck stuck?"

I couldn't help myself! I looked at him, looked back at the rig, and then back to him, and said, "No, I'm delivering a bridge."

SOMEONE IMPORTANT

A very large, old, building was being torn down in Chicago, to make room for a new skyscraper. Due to its proximity to other buildings, it could not be imploded and had to be dismantled floor by floor.

While working on the 49th floor, two construction workers found a skeleton in a small closet behind the elevator shaft. They decided that they should call the police.

When the police arrived, they directed them to the closet and showed them the skeleton fully clothed and standing upright. They said, "this could be Jimmy Hoffa or somebody really important.

Two days went by and the construction workers couldn't stand it any more. They had to know who they had found. They called the police and said, "we are the two guys who found the skeleton in the closet and we want to know if it was Jimmy Hoffa or somebody important."

The police said, "it's not Jimmy Hoffa, but it was somebody kind of important.

"Well, who was it", they asked.

"The 1962 National Hide-and-Seek Champion", the police said.

Kids Jokes

Be nice to your kids. They'll choose your nursing home.

If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary forms.

Always take time to stop and smell the roses... and sooner or later,
you'll inhale a bee.

I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you
can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in.

Why do we put suits in garment bags and garments in a suitcase?

SIX PHASES OF A PROJECT

ENTHUSIASM

DISILLUSIONMENT

PANIC

SEARCH FOR THE GUILTY

PUNISHMENT OF THE INNOCENT

PRAISE & HONORS FOR THE NON-PARTICIPANTS

Last Edit: 10 Feb 2010 13:22 by .

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 17 Jan 2010 19:58 #46339

• Dov
  • Administrator
Chazak wrote on 17 Jan 2010 13:40:

Well, all I can say is that it didn't work for me!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 17 Jan 2010 20:58 #46355

dov wrote on 17 Jan 2010 19:58:

DITTO.

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 17 Jan 2010 21:00 #46356

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
lamed vavnik wrote on 17 Jan 2010 20:58:

DITTO.
Am I the only one here without the stalking experience?
I can't see how anyone would think it would work anyway...

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 17 Jan 2010 22:09 #46389

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Bill Gates advertised for a new chairman of Microsoft
Europe. 5000 candidates are assembled in a large
room. One of them is Maurice Cohen, a little Jewish
Parisian Tunisian.

Bill Gates thanks the candidates for coming but asks
all those who are not familiar with the JAVA program
language to leave.

2000 people rise and leave the room. Maurice Cohen
says to himself, 'I do not know this language but what
have I got to lose if I stay? I'll give it a try'.

Bill Gates then asks all those who have no experience
of managing teams of more than 100 people to leave.

Another 2000 people go. Maurice Cohen says to himself,
'I have never managed anybody but myself but what
have I got to lose if I stay? What can happen to me?'

Then Bill Gates asks all candidates who do not have
outstanding academic qualifications to rise and leave.
500 people remove themselves.

Maurice Cohen says to himself, 'I left school at 15 but
what have I got to lose if I stay?

So he stays in the room.

Lastly, Bill Gates asks all of the candidates who do
not speak the Serbo-Croat language to rise and
leave.. 498 people rise and leave the room.

Maurice Cohen says himself, 'I do not speak Serbo-Croat
but what the hell! - have I got anything to lose?'

He finds himself alone with one other candidate. Everyone
else has gone. Bill Gates joins them and says: 'Apparently
you are the only two candidates who speak Serbo-
Croatian. I'd like to hear you converse with one another
in Serbo-Croatian.

Calmly Maurice turns to the other candidate and says
to him: 'Baroukh ata Adona?.'

The other candidate answers: 'Eloh?nou melekh ha'olam .'

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 18 Jan 2010 01:50 #46435

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

That's funny, in an awful way.... :D

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 18 Jan 2010 06:22 #46467

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
Kollel Guy wrote on 17 Jan 2010 21:00:

lamed vavnik wrote on 17 Jan 2010 20:58:

DITTO.
Am I the only one here without the stalking experience?
I can't see how anyone would think it would work anyway...

Really sorry to hear that, all. :'(

KEEP TRYING!!!

Last Edit: 18 Jan 2010 06:29 by .

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 18 Jan 2010 15:44 #46573

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
By the way, rather astonishingly, I once dated a girl who said she HAD been stalked a few times, by guys she'd dated. (shuddering emoticon).

Yeesh!

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 18 Jan 2010 21:38 #46722

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
KG I'm sure your aware of the old adge "You haven't experienced true love unless you've stalked if first."

I finnaly got a funny !!! 19 Jan 2010 19:18 #46977

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The Darwin ’s are out!!!!
Yes, it's that magical time of year again when the Darwin Awards are bestowed, honoring the least evolved among us.

Here is the glorious winner:
1. When his 38 caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach , California would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.
And now, the honorable mentions:
2. The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat cutting machine and after a little shopping around, submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company expecting negligence sent out one of its men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine and he also lost a finger. The chef's claim was approved.
3. A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.
4. After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies.. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.
5. An American teenager was in the hospital recovering from serious head wounds received from an oncoming train. When asked how he received the injuries, the lad told police that he was simply trying to see how close he could get his head to a moving train before he was hit.
6. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer... $15. [If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?]
7. Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly.. He decided that he'd just throw a cinder block through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the cinder block and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.
8. As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, the police apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car and drove back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied, "Yes, officer, that's her. That's the lady I stole the purse from."
9. The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger King in Ypsilanti , Michigan at 5 A.M., flashed a gun, and demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn't open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren't available for breakfast... The man, frustrated, walked away. [*A 5-STAR STUPIDITY AWARD WINNER]
10. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline, but he plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had.
In the interest of bettering mankind, please share these with friends and family....unless of course one of these individuals by chance is a distant relative or long lost friend. In that case, be glad they are distant and hope they remain lost.

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 19 Jan 2010 22:41 #47050

• kollel guy
  • Platinum Boarder
How to fail tests with dignity.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 19 Jan 2010 22:42 #47051

• kollel guy
  • Platinum Boarder
Attachments:

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 19 Jan 2010 22:43 #47052

• kollel guy
  • Platinum Boarder
Attachments:

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 19 Jan 2010 22:44 #47054

• kollel guy
  • Platinum Boarder
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes