Welcome, Guest

Women of GYE rocking up the heavens!
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 5554 Views

Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 14 Jan 2010 16:55 #45723

• admin2
The women of GYE, in their small corner, are churning out the most beautiful posts ever, and they are shaking up the heavens in an all so powerful way!

In the Women’s Forum, Habib writes about prayer - a post so pure, deep, powerful, and moving!

well, i'm trying to work on my tefilla, so here goes... (trying u gotta get the siddur i use...)
tefilla=amida...

Hashem sefatai tiftach- Hashem i'm so incredibly afraid, in awe, and ashamed before you that i can't even open my mouth to speak to you. please, Hashem, help me to be able to speak before you.... i know i've done horrible things that no bas yisroel should do... and i have distanced myself from you to the point where i can't even have kavana when i pray because if i do i'll burst into tears... so please, Hashem, help me.
Avot- we should direct our thoughts to the avos, because it is in their zchut that Hashem does chassadim for us, and it is in their zchut that He is bringing the geula. Avraham avinu excelled at chessed, yitchak in gvurah (din), and yaakov in emet (tiferet).
we say "elokei avraham, elokei yitzchak, elokei yaakov." elokei each time because not only did each accept Hashem himself (not just doing what his father did), but also because each served Hashem with his own special specific mida.
when we say "hagadol, hagibor, vehanora," gadol is keneged midat avraham, or chessed. but we are saying Hashem is great in his midda of chessed, which is the ikkar way that He reveals Himself to us
gibor- keneged yitzchok, and the midda of gvurah.
norah- keneged yaakov and the midda of tiferet. we should subjugate ourselves with fear of the eminence of hakadosh baruch hu, before the emet. and why is norah keneged emet? because when a person sees the truth, with all it's sharpness and bonyness, he recognizes his own smallness, and then a great fear will fall upon him.

Letakian comments and adds another beautiful insight:

i totally  started crying by the first paragraph that you wrote. it's like you read out of my deepest heart.
please keep posting about this!

I heard from Rav Dovid Sapirman that it says "אלקנו ואלקי אבותנו "
but shouldn't "אלקי אבותנו" come before "אלקנו "?
it seems to be out of order. The avos should come before us cronologically.
The answer is, NO!
When it comes to believing that Hashem is our G-d and trusting in him it first has to be from our own belief- Elokainu!  Not just copying our fathers and mothers. From INSIDE OURSELVES. Only then can we look back and say "ahh, this is the beauty that my parents, teachers were showing me. This is what i believe and feel"

Last Edit: 15 Jan 2010 19:57 by .

Re: Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 14 Jan 2010 17:33 #45731

• Lechayim
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Gold Boarder
You  see its not lost . We are getting here too. Maybe not directly. We have the best of both worlds.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 14 Jan 2010 18:55 #45765

• admin2
In the Women’s Forum, Habib shares her knowledge and experience, giving chizuk to another fellow struggler who had asked some questions about relating to her addiction:

Okay, there was a lot of discussion about this on the men's side, but they took it down. Basically, call it whatever you want. However we got to this point, whether it's genetics, a nisayon from HaKadosh Baruch Hu, or an occurrence that rewired your brain - whatever! All we have to know is that right now, our brains have learned that whenever we're stressed, restless, irritable, discontent, sad, or ecstatic we’re led to use our medication of choice.

Basically, whenever we feel any emotions, our brains go straight for our de-stresser called “acting out”. And we're just trying to teach our brain to turn to other ways of comfort and feeling. People do that in different ways - stopping for 90 days, which can make the brain "forget" the old way of calming down, doing the 12 steps, which gets rid of people's fears and resentment, or just trying to do enjoyable things and be happy so that we feel our overall Restlessness Irritability and Discontent less intensely.

If we REALLY wanted, we could do anything. But there are so many other factors involved, and REALLY wanting this isn't enough. There are physical factors, emotional factors, and so on. It's not just a mental thing.

When TrYiNg says we should give up the fight to Hashem, in that case, that IS the hishtadlus. When we feel this overwhelming urge to do wrong, and we know that in the past we've never been able to fight it off, what do we do? We turn to Hashem. “Hashem, I am doing what I can, which, right now, is just asking You for help.”. Then, we can let Hashem help us - and He will!

We have the mitzva of kedoshim tihiyu! We made mistakes, did some stuff wrong, and now we're trying to fix it (b’simcha )!

If we do our best, Hashem will not be upset. Some people around here said that sometimes the test isn't acting out or not. The test is how we react to falling.

As an aside, and I forgot who said this, but when we are faced with a nisayon, we are supposed to do our best and put in everything we have - not to fall. But if we do fall cv”s, we have to realize that even this is bashert!
Last Edit: 15 Jan 2010 19:58 by .

Re: Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 15 Jan 2010 01:47 #45870

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
As much as I am jealous that I can not see what goes on in the girls side (I think I know what GYE member you are, admin2  ;D), I am extremely happy do see that all the females are growing. That is the main goal here isnt it?

-Yiddle

Re: Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 15 Jan 2010 12:44 #45973

• admin2
I’d like to share this beautifully written and inspiring post from TrYiNg, where she says over a parsha thought relating to the concept that Hashem’s hidden kindnesses are given over, even when all that's visible to the naked eye are severities:

In the very beginning of our parsha, parshas וארא, the pasuk reads: "וידבר אלוקים אל משה ויאמר אליו אני ה". The Ohr HaChaim HaKadosh in his commentary brings a most amazing insight:

Notice that the pasuk commences with the name “Elokim”, which is the name of Hashem that reflects the manifestation of His attribute of 'din'. Interestingly though, it concludes with the name “Hashem” which denotes middas harachamim, mercy - the very opposite attribute than that mentioned earlier.

Here Hashem was teaching Moshe - and by extension all of us in future generations - that despite the outward appearance that the shibud/galus Mitzrayim is an expression of din, in actuality, it's not so. In essence, this is an expression of mercy.

(One of the reasons why, is that man naturally resists any form of servitude. No one is inclined to be beholden to others. Bnei Yisroel had to leave Mitzrayim in order to accept Hashem, the Torah, and the mitzvos. We had to become servants of the almighty. This would have been impossible for a nation that had not previously experienced the taste of obedience and subjugation.)

So even if we perceive certain situations to be an expression of Hashem's din and it seems hard - and especially now with the separation and everything - we can ask: “Hashem, what do you want from us now?”. But in actuality, this may very well be out of 'rachamim'. We may see how later, or we may not… But something inside tells me it is... 

Good Shabbos!!

Keep on rocking!!
Last Edit: 20 Jan 2010 13:23 by .

Re: Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 20 Jan 2010 16:25 #47261

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow...incredible. Thank you!

Re: Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 20 Jan 2010 21:06 #47321

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
I am speechless. These Holy Women will surpass their dreams by not merely reaching the purity they seek for themselves, but by creating something so unique and powerfull to help the rest of the world's struggling women.

Thank you Admin2 for creating this board for us guys to get a glimpse of the kedusha these woment are creating.

Thank You, HKB"H, for creating these Holy Women during my lifetime, so that I might be saved and inspired by them.

Katonti.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 22 Jan 2010 09:39 #47744

• admin2
In the Women's Forum TrYiNg shares a beautiful story relating to this weeks parsha. Such an impacting lesson we can learn from these words!

I remember hearing a powerful story about  Reb Moshe Leib M'Sosov who's yartzeit was this past week I think.

It was on a Parshas Bo that Reb Moishe Leib was in Lizensk for shabbos as a guest of R' Elimelech. During the seuda he got up to say a vort on the parsha.  The offering is called korbon 'pesach' because of the skipping over and leaping  that hashem did during makas bechoros.
It says ;
והיה הדם לכם לאת על הבתים אשר אתם שם וראיתי את הדם ופסחתי עלכם
Rashi says ואני אומר כל פסיחה ל' דלוג וקפיצה
"I say that every appearance of the root פסח expresses skipping and jumping ".
Later we also read זבח פסח הוא לה' אשר פסח על בתי בני ישראל

Says the heilige Rebbi M'Sassov, asher poshach AL BOTEI BNEI YISROEL.
Do you want to know what hadosh baruch did when he found a yiddishe house? Do you have any idea what he still does?
Posach..loshon kefitzah..He jumped on the houses!
He skipped and leaped for joy while  calling  out "this is a jewish home…this is a Jewish home.."
When saying this the sassover got so enthused with simcha that he actually got up on the table skipping and dancing and said "ah...this is a yidishe home..this is a yidishe home….!!!!!".

The story doesn't need explanation!! Yet we must constantly remember who we are..and how much the rb"sh loves us. We must remember the power we have. Every time he looks at one of us..he smiles and dances. That is a yid. That is a yid. 

We just gotta make sure he recognizes us as one.. :-\

GOOD SHABBOS!!

Re: Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 22 Jan 2010 18:43 #47843

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you TrYinG beautiful vort. Now please get back on the chart!

Nice to see Habib joining Letaiken.

Hope you all have a wonderful Shabbos.

Re: Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 22 Jan 2010 18:49 #47844

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Chart or not, I hope (and I'm happy, because I'm sure) everyone is living up to their full potential, giving and caring and growing.

Rocking past the heavens, more likely.

Re: Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 28 Jan 2010 02:16 #49012

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I probably shouldn't be poking my head into here..... But WOW!

Re: Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 29 Jan 2010 15:30 #49586

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Um Girls?

You people still around?

If it wasn't for Letaiken and somebody called Tikva I'd think you left the site.

(Not bothering tRying,  )

Would like to see the rest of you back on the chart.

Have a wonderful Shabbos!

Re: Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 29 Jan 2010 16:02 #49596

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
I haven't been checking the chart much...but I know with absolute confidence that they're growing. In every way - getting closer to who they want to be, closer to god, closer to real friendships.

And if you read this, a special thank you for all of you who helped me out - You are all incredibly wonderful, and I'm sure that you're continuing to help newcomers feel comfortable, and helping them grow!

Have a great shabbos!

Re: Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 02 Feb 2010 04:57 #50434

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
As a newly knighted member of the advertising commity; to 'whom it may concern':

Can you please send emails to seminarys with all the links to the site, haskamos, forum, handbooks, 'lighthouse', testimonials, flyers, etc.

Mybe just asking them to post the haskamos will do the job.

I can foward an email with most of these links to 7up if she asks me for it.
Last Edit: 09 Feb 2010 08:39 by .

Re: Women of GYE rocking up the heavens! 19 Feb 2010 05:16 #54307

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
What did they all go off the "D" or something?  nothing new since January 22, 2010

It's still alittle to early for pescach cleaning.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes