Welcome, Guest

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?)
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 52489 Views

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 17 Dec 2009 20:33 #35546

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Kiruv websites are obviously exempted.  When Aish.com takes down its site, we can talk further!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by franklevy.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 17 Dec 2009 20:33 #35547

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Rage,

A mishionary once approached on campus while I was becoming frum, and said "all you jews are goin' to hell for not believing in yushka." I said "you mean, those who accept yushka will go to Heaven, and all those good jews who don't will go to hell?" He got all excited, thought he caught a fish, and beamed "THAT'S RIGHT!" So I said to him, "WHY in G-d's name would I want to go to Heaven when all my friends will be SOMEWHERE ELSE?!"

Really, I said that. If you've heard it in a joke, I'm the one who started it. I just hope they don't carve that on my matzeiva...

Anyway, how good are you in chess? We'll need some LOOOONG games....
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by crazydesire.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 17 Dec 2009 20:45 #35558

• MosheW
  • Current streak: 90 days
  • Fresh Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 17 Dec 2009 09:25:

I noticed the web address for kosher eyes from there I started looking around and ended up here.

MosheW, thanks, that's interesting. Does kosherEyes have a link to us?

No, though it’s possible that they once did.
Last Edit: by avik218.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 17 Dec 2009 20:49 #35560

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Rage ATM wrote on 17 Dec 2009 20:39:

here's what im lookin forward to: once in hell, they cant punish you any more...

That's only true for you.  The rest of us can be threatened with having to spend eternity with . . .

Rage!  :D
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by iljabirman.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 18 Dec 2009 01:01 #35639

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
I am in the USA and I saw an add on Yeshiva World. It took my a few months to finally come on board. I was trying to stop all by myself. We all know what happens when we try that. Boy am I glad I found this site and blessed be those who help make it happen. I am 4 months clean. It is one of the miracles of חנוכה.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים
Last Edit: by jadenstav.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 18 Dec 2009 01:06 #35641

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Kedusha wrote on 17 Dec 2009 20:01:

Steve wrote on 17 Dec 2009 19:57:

uh... forgive my ignorance. Exactly WHAT ban are you talking about? And by WHOM?

Steve,

You can read about it on Yeshiva World.

I propose we "ban" further discussion on the topic! 
Can those of us who cant stomach going to jewish sites please be let in on whats going on? And before you rage at me Rage i didnt mean that in a holy way. Im just a little antisemetic. I think jews are dumb and i done need to read their dumb things and blogs.
In the nose out the mouth........................ french curl dudes..................
Last Edit: by aqaq.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 18 Dec 2009 01:08 #35642

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Kedusha wrote on 17 Dec 2009 20:31:

Rage ATM wrote on 17 Dec 2009 20:18:

guardureyes wrote on 17 Dec 2009 20:10:

Rage ATM wrote on 17 Dec 2009 20:06:

Kedusha wrote on 17 Dec 2009 20:01:

Steve,

You can read about it on Yeshiva World.

so now youre a choteh and machti...ill save you a place in hell next to me...we can be neighbors...play backgammon...

LOL

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: GYE may be dangerous to your insanity.

i think i may have scared kedusha straight for good...he thought hell was just gonna be shoveling hot dung forever and ever...little did he know it means spending an eternity with rage!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can think of trillions of things I'd rather do!  ;D
Very impressed Kedusha. Didnt know you could think in the trillions. Not bad. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Last Edit: by ticky.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 18 Dec 2009 06:38 #35675

• TrYiNg

ooh...my favve thing to do !! ---besides surfing for p*rn  ;D

Gotta get maself a good roomate.  Anyone good at it??

oops, are there mechitzas up there?? :o ???
Last Edit: by bekesh.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 18 Dec 2009 07:27 #35687

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
TrYiNg wrote on 18 Dec 2009 06:38:

ooh...my favve thing to do !! ---besides surfing for p*rn  ;D

Gotta get maself a good roomate.  Anyone good at it??

oops, are there mechitzas up there?? :o ???
I dont know how good i am but if your looking for a looooooooooooooooong game i can definitly give you that.[
Last Edit: by daveanflick1966.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 18 Dec 2009 09:45 #35729

• TrYiNg
[quote]I dont know how good i am but if your looking for a looooooooooooooooong game i can definitly give you that.[/quote]
eternity's quite long, aint it? (scary :-\)
and if u can give me a long game, u gotta b good..
Last Edit: by shmira1234.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 18 Dec 2009 09:48 #35732

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Thorough. Also i usually lose patience somewhere along the way so that doesnt help my winning ways. :D
Last Edit: by nafshi40.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 18 Dec 2009 10:08 #35743

• TrYiNg
patience?  :o
The longer a game takes, the more my adrenaline swooshes up up up

ahh...those good days in camp. We used to stay up nights playin...sitting in one position. concentrating hard. utter silence...
bliss
Last Edit: by xkj38y7.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 18 Dec 2009 10:10 #35745

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Dude'ess its past that big old 5. GO TO SLEEP!!
Last Edit: by sasassertrty.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 20 Dec 2009 06:45 #35942

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Sigh...I once played chess with someone who had the idea that to be a good chess player, you had to think REALLY long before each move. I'm talking, at least 15 minutes per move. I lost my queen a few moves in because I rushed my moves, figuring that that way, I could make the average time per move a bit shorter, and finish that one game before the year was over.

And as far as the ban...i agree with what many others have said - when the time comes that you're considering not going online at all anymore, you can ask a sha'ilah. Most of us ain't there right now.
Last Edit: by mikegoldman.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 20 Dec 2009 09:40 #35994

• TrYiNg
No chess luvas?? Its gonna b a hell of an eternity then...Which i guess its ment 2 b?
Last Edit: by vellos9000.
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes