Welcome, Guest

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?)
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 52376 Views

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 27 May 2010 16:21 #67117

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Silenbattle, seeing those for faces you posted I think that you are yellow.
Last Edit: by .

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 27 May 2010 16:54 #67131

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
silentbattle wrote on 26 May 2010 17:06:

Hey, I'm from NY - I don't even know the 50 states of America, you think I'm going to know places in other countries?

the only place that is important is NY...duh! come on guys you all know that!

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 27 May 2010 19:24 #67166

• jamies
IM from LONDON!!!

but found out about it when i was in...yes youve guessed NEW YORK

i went to YU for a shabbos to visit on of my friends on the smechia programme and there were posrters everywhere!

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 27 May 2010 20:21 #67182

• bardichev
jamie can you and honest mouse come into

the good pub bardys of london

barkeep bards is waiting for you

bar keep cool english word

b

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 27 May 2010 20:26 #67185

• jamies
will do, look forward to talk about tea and harry potter!

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 27 May 2010 20:34 #67191

• bardichev
hey im a new yawker

but i can chit chat about

harrods

10 downing street

cricket

go back and foth like what better golders hill or stamford green??

manchester united

what else

see ya in the pub

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 27 May 2010 20:58 #67212

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Not to forget, Marks & Spencer. Isn't that the shop that ALL Americans know about?

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 28 May 2010 00:15 #67229

• yedidyaaleph
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
Let me share with the olom the hashgocho which brought me to GYE.
I was doing a Google search (safe setting) for Rav Aaron Felman's new book and I came upon the letter which he recently wrote regarding GYE. This was truely a matnas Hashem,because I was falling deeper and deeper.
Although now my new addiction is the forum,it's more fun.
I hold that there are  tremendous opportunities to do Chessed B'Seser like the Borei Olom does -l'hidomos b'drachav, and noshe 'bole chaveroh by sharing the pain of others and giving chizuk.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 28 May 2010 03:03 #67237

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Nicely put, Reb Alpha Yedidya!

Yosef - are you implying that I'm a coward??!

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 28 May 2010 04:29 #67248

• strugglingguy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
from Baltimore, I am in YU.

There is a GYE sign up in YU (101 and in the back of gluek 2nd flr), thats where I found out about it.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 28 May 2010 12:18 #67285

• jamies
i found out about it in YU!!#

IN THE OLD BEIS MIDRASH AT THE END OF THE CORRIDOR ON THE OPPOSITE THE IS A SMAL ROOM WITH A MINYAN LATER

also, is there no m n s (marks and spencer) in america!!!

your missing out guy!

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 28 May 2010 14:33 #67298

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Silentbattle, I was upset to read this:
silentbattle wrote on 28 May 2010 03:03:

Yosef - are you implying that I'm a coward??!

CHAS V"SHOLOM, that I should suggest such a thing! Everyone knows that you are the bravest lieutenant in the Guardani Brigade!

Sorry, for making you think otherwise!

The problem was just that I am a bit uniformed in certain aspects of worldly knowledge. I had no idea that Yellow implies cowardice. [Although I am [glow=green,2,300]green [/glow]with envy when I contemplate your status...]

My comment was referring to Briut writing that he is blond & you replying with a few yellow smileys.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 28 May 2010 19:55 #67365

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I didn't actually think you were implying that, although it does have that connotation (in fact, if you remember the old "mortal kombat" games, I believe that's why scorpion's outfit is yellow, some kind of dig on his honor.

Yes, I'm a nerd.

;D ;D ;D have a great shabbos!

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 31 May 2010 16:48 #67830

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Again I find myself with the wrong perceptions.

I always though that the title 'nerd' has negative connotations too, but if Silentbattle is a nerd then it must be a GREAT thing to be!  ???

Where can I go to register for Nerd School. I always wanted to be like you!

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 31 May 2010 23:00 #67933

me too! hey i guess we're all nerds then (i noticed dov has star trek and lord of the rings up his sleave too - how about star wars?)
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes