Welcome, Guest

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?)
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 51839 Views

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 07 Jan 2010 06:40 #43255

yeshiva world news ad . israel . it was just what i needed .  8) :-X
Last Edit: by .

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 07 Jan 2010 19:24 #43489

• nateyde
saw the link posted at jewishsexuality.org

I am from NY.

The video that was posted on that site (since taken down, but can be found here: video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7332930594849349840&hl=en#) and reading this site have helped me start changing my life.  It has only been 2 weeks, but I am really, really happy.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 28 Jan 2010 21:13 #49242

• aryehtahor
  • Current streak: 50 days
  • Gold Boarder
Was researching filter software on google. I had seen a lot of evangelical Christian sites about this issue, but that made me think there must be a Jewish site for that too. So I started googling for that and found GYE.

I live on the East Coast. Oops, is that too specific?

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 28 Jan 2010 21:15 #49243

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I live on the East Coast. Oops, is that too specific?
Sorry bro, you just gave yourself away. We now know who you are and are currently updating your shidduch resume.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 28 Jan 2010 21:25 #49245

• bardichev
where is the east coast??is it near borropark

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 28 Jan 2010 21:42 #49259

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
bardichev wrote on 28 Jan 2010 21:25:

C'mon Bards, don't you know anything about biography? It's on the other side of the country, almost by Monsey!!

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 29 Jan 2010 00:04 #49341

• aryehtahor
  • Current streak: 50 days
  • Gold Boarder
I didn't say which country it is the East Coast of.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 29 Jan 2010 00:57 #49371

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
bardichev wrote on 28 Jan 2010 21:25:

So waht are the five boros??

Boro park, fladdboosh, villyimsberg, monsey, and i tink ehhhhhhhhhhhh seagate. or maybe no no no maybe monroe. Oh yeah its monroe. you see i knew i knew alleh der finf boo'ries. farshtasit doo??

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 21 Feb 2010 17:25 #54545

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
A choshuva rav in Brooklyn who knows about my nisyonos referred me to GUARD YOUR EYES.

Later received info that a Chasidishe Rov in Yerushalayim supplied a yungerman with the url to this site.

P.S. Doesn't a vaccine contain a bit of the disease it is fighting against. GYE addiction fights other addictions!
Last Edit: 26 May 2010 14:35 by .

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 21 Feb 2010 18:06 #54554

• shemirateinayim
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 21 Feb 2010 17:25:

Later received info that one of the members of the Beis Din Zedek of the Eide Hachereidis in Yerushalayim supplied a yungerman with the url to this site.

Not that I know almost anything about the EIdah, but If R SHterbuch is the only enghlish speaker among them....that would be amazing. R Shterbuch writing a usl for an SA site!!!  HA HA HA Awsome!!!! but for all I know it could ahve been another dayan or mashgiach who won't melt you with his gaze. R Shternbuch's eyes are so powerfully scary!

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 21 Feb 2010 18:18 #54557

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
It was one of the chasidishe Rabonim. (I have this info firsthand..)

I prefer not to give his name on the forum.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 21 Feb 2010 18:26 #54561

• shemirateinayim
cooooool

I wonder who made himself the karban to mention us? Mybe the administrater for the hebrew forum?

Anyway....cooooooooool  8)

WHich brings me to beleive that the ideal target audience for our advertisements should be rabbanim and mechanchim. Untill we have a parve equivilant of GYE, they will serve as the greatest refferal service for this program, in addition to preventing the issue by demanding their kehila install monitoring software on their computers!

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 21 Feb 2010 18:52 #54574

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 21 Feb 2010 18:50:

I did!

I've been talking to him about my nisyonos for years with various results. When a Rav in NY referred to this website, I told the Rav in Yerushalayim about it so that others who ask him for help can be helped too.

So now i also have a small part in their zchus...
Wow now that is a bold move! Kol hakavod to you YH!! And a zechus, it most definitly is!

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 21 Feb 2010 18:59 #54576

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
He told me that a Rov needs to know a lot in order for him to serve everybody.

He asked me if there is a Hebrew version too.  I didn't know about the Hebrew section on this forum yet, I only gave him the phone number to the hotline in Eretz Yisrael.
Last Edit: 26 May 2010 14:34 by .

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 21 Feb 2010 19:31 #54593

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe put him and Guard in touch with eachother. This way Guard can try and get a haskama. Then your zchusim will multiply tenfold!
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes