Welcome, Guest

Caution! Summer is coming!
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)
  • Page:

TOPIC: Caution! Summer is coming! 2499 Views

Caution! Summer is coming! 07 May 2013 19:36 #206789

And at this time of the year all the "bottles" are in the street!
I need to remember that:
I'm no a bad person; I'm sick.
I'm not A Choteh. I'm A Chole.
It take time & effort to stay sober but it worth it.

Davening to hashem to keep me sober 1 day @ a time since יום ג שבוע של יום-הכיפורים ו תשרי ה'תשע"ד 
10 Sptember 2013

(and to keep this date)

Re: Caution! Summer is coming! 08 May 2013 00:17 #206822

• zvi
  • Gold Boarder
2 pieces of advice: Walk with your eyes down, at the ground. Obviously, you need to make sure you don't bump into anything, but that's easy enough to do.
Secondly, if you wear glasses, don't wear them in the street. It really really helps- I started doing it about a week ago, and it's worked.
Life’s a mountain. You just gotta keep climbing…
Last Edit: 08 May 2013 01:51 by zvi.

Re: Caution! Summer is coming! 08 May 2013 01:28 #206828

For those who find it too difficult to remove their glasses, here's what works for me: Keep your eyes downward, and move your glasses downward on your nose. So you will see the pavement clearly, but you will not clearly see those in front and around you - and you will not attract undue attention.

Hatzlacha,

MT

Re: Caution! Summer is coming! 08 May 2013 04:40 #206841

what about driving, I spend a bit of time driving back and forth to work.
My driving instructor told me to be aware of all that is around you to be safe?
I've tried keeping my eyes glued to the number plate in front, but there is ALWAYS some women around!
What works for you, while driving?
We are not fighting the YH as a process to get through in order to be able to get back to normal life; the fight wih the YH is the essence of our existence - Hopeing

Re: Caution! Summer is coming! 08 May 2013 05:01 #206842

• skeptical
It's not a good idea to keep your eyes fixated on the car in front of you. When driving, it's important to be aware and look as far ahead as possible (at least from time to time) so that you can react sooner. Don't play games when driving. Focus on driving.

Re: Caution! Summer is coming! 08 May 2013 18:52 #206855

That's right. When driving, you need to "Get the big picture", as they say in driving school. What works for me is the following: One must come to the realization that all "lust" is poison. Although we cannot choose which sights we encounter unwillingly, but we can choose how we react to those sights. Lusting means that we willingly react with lust, either by taking a second look or by chewing it over in our mind. Not lusting means that we look away as soon as possible, we avoid second looks, we try not to dwell on what we saw, and we ask Hashem to keep our hearts pure (e.g. vetaher libeinu..., lev tahor brah li Elokim..., or in your own words). When we practice this approach well enough, we will discover that every trigger is actually an exercise in sobriety. And keep in mind: just as lust is habit-forming, so is sobriety (& merubah middah tova...).

Hatzlacha

MT
Last Edit: 08 May 2013 18:53 by Machshovo Tova.

Re: Caution! Summer is coming! 08 May 2013 21:51 #206867

Thank you all.
I came to the understanding, (thru this program, of course) that lust is NOT in the street (or computer, etc.) but it's within me. & if I stop lusting inside me & connect to my HP (like MT writes, "taher libeinu" "zakeini le-Machshava Tova" )
I can go past all this summer months & just become stronger than ever!
I need to remember that:
I'm no a bad person; I'm sick.
I'm not A Choteh. I'm A Chole.
It take time & effort to stay sober but it worth it.

Davening to hashem to keep me sober 1 day @ a time since יום ג שבוע של יום-הכיפורים ו תשרי ה'תשע"ד 
10 Sptember 2013

(and to keep this date)

Re: Caution! Summer is coming! 08 May 2013 22:13 #206873

צדיק גמור wrote:
Thank you all.
I came to the understanding, (thru this program, of course) that lust is NOT in the street (or computer, etc.) but it's within me. & if I stop lusting inside me & connect to my HP (like MT writes, "taher libeinu" "zakeini le-Machshava Tova" )
I can go past all this summer months & just become stronger than ever!

Gevaldig! You're on the ball!

Hatzlacha

MT
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes