Welcome, Guest

FEEL THE HUGS!!!
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 63611 Views

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 17 Dec 2009 20:00 #35525

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Steve, Beautiful!

Nishmas, you're right... But it doesn't have that much to do with "addiction" per se... more like just general chizuk.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by eneynihashem.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 17 Dec 2009 21:53 #35586

• Nishmas
  • Senior Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 17 Dec 2009 20:00:

Steve, Beautiful!

Nishmas, you're right... But it doesn't have that much to do with "addiction" per se... more like just general chizuk.

Guard,

I hear what you are saying. However, what I was thinking, was that something like this can be a motivator in times of slipping and falling. At those times, when a person has in mind that he is being misgaber in the zchus of someone's neshama or in the z'chus of a refuah shelaimah for someone else, it can give them the extra chizuk needed in hard times and motivate them in order not to fall.

At those times, they might give in more easily to the Yetzer Harah when thinking of themselves, but when they are thinking of someone they know who is very sick, or in much pain or is suffereing from something or a beloved neshama, that might give them the extra strength and will to overcome the Y"H.
Last Edit: by לאמפ.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 18 Dec 2009 12:34 #35773

a hug? 
my kids are healthy . my wife is healthy . i am (more or less ) healthy . i worked like a dog today ( what else is new ) ,and i didn't get angry at my kids . we all helped and did our jobs together . things running normally is a big thing to be grateful for .

but i went out with the family yesterday on a trip and my shmiras eynayim was shot to gehinnom . i kept my cool though and practiced  closing my eyes on the bus and appreciating my ears . it was actually fun i heard many more things w/ my eyes closed and it gave them a break from the nisyoinos . thank you H' for giving me eye lids and giving me ears.     
Last Edit: by shlomob.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 18 Dec 2009 18:12 #35825

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
WELL, LV you've finally got the nack of it.

That was a fantastic post. Thank you!!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by daddy1.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 21 Dec 2009 06:28 #36306

i had a nice shabbos , though i was sick, it was relaxed and no pressure to go out and learn all of shas by mincha .  we went for a small walk and we saw on the mountain side three deer (or ibex, ybex? eyebex? gazelles? ) walking together.  we watched them for a long while . it was really special . i feel priveliged to have had that experience of H's private world untouched  still a bit like it was , once upon a time . we run around so much trying to make a living and get a life  . at least on shabbos we should appreciate the life we're working for  . even in ruchnius, there can be so much running ...............
thanx H' for letting me stop and smell the roses!  (or deer? ???)   
Last Edit: by user770770.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 21 Dec 2009 13:46 #36357

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
One thing ive learned in my short span here in this wordly place; The more we hug Hashem the more Hashem hugs us. And your doing a pretty good job at it LV. Keep up the hugs. I look forward to read them every day since your kabbalah.
Last Edit: by hi555.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 21 Dec 2009 15:09 #36387

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
I was running around Geulah this morning and stopped off to say hi to my son in his store.
He gave me a huge smile and told me I had made his day by visiting!
Now how many moms get to hear that from their kids??!! ;D ;D ;D

Hope your day went well Uri!!

Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by bobkay1.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 21 Dec 2009 20:20 #36501

that was nice 7 .
nothing big today  . didn't want to ogle women so i decided to focus on the fact that i can walk .  i noticed how easily i did it . without even thinking  or trying my legs just went by themselves  .  smooth , steady , poetry in motion  . well i'm grateful i have them to get me around . cheaper than the bus. i have a relative who limps  and a rebbe with a disease that affects his muscles and i know a guy  who got his legs blown off .
  it's  just that simple. they work  .  a gift . thank you.     
Last Edit: by happysmiles.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 21 Dec 2009 20:22 #36502

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
i was SO super scared to ask my boss to take off AGAIN after just taking off 2 weeks for my wedding

but she was SOOOOOOOO NICE about it!!!
i love you, Hashem!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by brad.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 21 Dec 2009 21:43 #36539

• jerusalemsexaddict
What a day

Thank you Hashem for giving me the strength and will to put on tefillin today and say birchos hashachar!
Thank you Hashem for sending mom to visit me in my store!
Thank you Hashem for giving me the strength and will to learn a little today!
Thank you Hashem for sending it25 to visit me and cheer me up!
Thank you Hashem for giving me the chance to speak to a tzaddik who helped me understand Your ways better!
Thank you Hashem for placing the idea suddenly into it25's head that he needs to buy poppers a shnitzel sandwich and share them with somebody!
Thank you Hashem for helping me understand my tafkid and life better today!
Thank you Hashem for your patience with me!
Thank you Hashem for placing that funny sign outside my store in hebrewenglish that had me laughing for half an hour!
Thank you Hashem for brooklyn bakery cupcakes!
Thank you Hashem for sending that pretty woman out of store half a minute after she came in!
Thank you Hashem for having that guy on the bus that had two extra shekel to lend me!
Thank you Hashem for giving me such amazing friends to hold me up!
Thank you Hashem for whipped cream!
Thank you Hashem for chulent!
Thank you Hashem for chummus!
Thank you Hashem for coca cola!

I would write more but my hands are getting tired (the rest of my body already fell asleep).
Layla tov all
-uri
Last Edit: by thejj1994.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 21 Dec 2009 22:07 #36542

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you hashem for sending us Uri back.
Last Edit: by joeto91.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 21 Dec 2009 22:56 #36579

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
I feel hugged cause I got to read Uri's post.

Keep it up, Uri. Everyone here loves you.

Can you send me a link so I can hear your music? Then I'll be hugged LOUDER!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Last Edit: by shayna1.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 21 Dec 2009 22:57 #36581

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Its on his thread Uris songs.
Last Edit: by bets.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 21 Dec 2009 23:05 #36586

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
it's a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong thread................

Last Edit: by cheder.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 21 Dec 2009 23:07 #36587

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve wrote on 21 Dec 2009 23:05:

it's a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong thread................
Your probaly referring to his Where im at thread. The song one isnt so long. Ill try and get you a link.
Last Edit: by nerya.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes