Welcome, Guest

FEEL THE HUGS!!!
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 63612 Views

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 08 Dec 2009 20:03 #33296

• Yosef
Save by a "STRANGER"
« on: December 08, 2009, 05:11:29 AM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Yosef. I have posted to this forum one time more than 6 months ago. At that time, I also reached out to someone named Dov -but not believing that he would ever answer my email, I never checked my messages - until today...until a second before I was planning to act out big time with this computer. Somehow, with practically no will left to do anything except log into some shmutz, my frozen fingers typed in this site. Immediately I was reading a series of three emails that Dov send me back in June and July practically begging me to contact him. Instead of falling into lust I fell into tears...and after a few minutes of deep sobbing...the poisen inside me seemed to be gone. I was filled with new strength the Yetzer had lost his grip. Please know that these kind of things don't usually happen to me. The hidden kindness of a "stranger" just waiting to come out at the right time. Hashem - How great are your Works!
I am retelling this story here because I definately HUGGED TODAY!
Last Edit: by crow.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 08 Dec 2009 20:14 #33300

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Yosef, Please note that THESE THINGS ARE HAPPENING TO YOU ALL THE TIME. We just get so caught up in our own EGOs that we don't see it. Start looking for them, and you will see HASHKACHA PROTIS evrywhere you turn. Ask Tatty to show you he's there, ready to hold your hand.

Just ask. He's waiting for you to ask.

Welcome back. take off your coat and stay awhile. 

Steve.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by yushku.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 08 Dec 2009 20:22 #33302

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
My Dad's at Rehab, had a bad morning yesterday & didn't get out of bed till after breakfast. But he had to eat without his lower dentures and missing one hearing aid, cuz "all the king' horses and all the king's men, couldn't find them in his bed" (letakein, that rhymrs, technically...) where they musta fallen overnight. He was pretty upset about it. I walked in, heard they were missing, just looked on the floor and saw the hearing aid, cleaned it and put it back in his ear for him. Then I went to hug him, and when his pillow moved I saw the dentures right there on top, not covered by anything. So I got to give him back his dignity again.

That's what I call a hug. How many others must of looked in the same places? Hashem saved them for me, so i could have the mitzvah.

I love those warm, fuzzy feelings, don't you?

Steve.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Last Edit: by tenstoriestall.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 09 Dec 2009 15:45 #33519

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
steve:
you're kibud av is admirable!

and to quote my fav poem:

roses are red,
violets are blue,
some poems rhyme,
this one doesn't!
-guard
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by abbier.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 09 Dec 2009 15:49 #33521

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
letakain21 wrote on 09 Dec 2009 15:45:

and to quote my fav poem:

roses are red,
violets are blue,
some poems rhyme,
this one doesn't!
-guard

I'm famous!!  :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by gisoreux.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 09 Dec 2009 16:39 #33544

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
What a cool family we have.

I love it here.

But that ain't gonna pay the mortgage....

Last Edit: by ud dav.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 09 Dec 2009 17:11 #33547

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Steve wrote on 09 Dec 2009 16:39:

What a cool family we have.

I love it here.

But that ain't gonna pay the mortgage....

No; but if you ask the Tatty of this family
He will! :D :D
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by my123.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 09 Dec 2009 18:51 #33568

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Awwww, Mom.......

Last Edit: by just picture israel.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 09 Dec 2009 20:39 #33607

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!

An Incredible Story. Got this e-mail from a friend:

An elderly lady in a nursing home in the Midwest passed away. Her children, who always visited her and took care of her, did their duty and did a proper Jewish Tahara and burial.On the 5th day of sitting Shiva, the phone rang and the daughter sitting Shiva answered the phone. On the other end of the phone was her mother who she just buried. The daughter, in shock, immediately fainted. The phone rang again and it was her mother again, complaining that no one came to visit her that week.The family then rushed to the nursing home and it turned out there was a mix up at the nursing home and it was her roommate that passed away and not this lady. So now the nursing home had the grim job of informing the children of the other lady that their mother died five days ago. The nursing home called and was trying to break it to these children slowly but before they could even tell the children what happened, the children callously answered if this call has anything to do with our mother they are not interested. These children said "All day long our mother wastes her time and just prays and prays and says Psalms". The children then added- "And the one thing she prays for is that when she dies she should have a proper Jewish burial". But, the children cruelly said, "We will outsmart her and when she dies we will spite her and make sure she will not have a proper Jewish Burial".The nursing home staff then explained to them it was too late as she already received her proper burial!Look at the power of prayer and to the extent Hashem will turn the world around to answer a prayer. Here this pious religious lady only prayed for one thing, a proper burial, knowing it was almost impossible, yet she didn't give up. So Hashem orchestrated this whole mix up to respond to the prayers of this lady.Any of our prayers can have the same potential and power!

(This true story was recently told by a Menahel who heard it first hand from one of the Children)

Hashem hears all of us, especially sincerely and with tears.
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by jsiegel.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 09 Dec 2009 22:07 #33638

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
although i heard this beautiful story already it doesnt hurt to hear it again and again. What Hashgacha Pratis.
Last Edit: by sadmom.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 14 Dec 2009 17:31 #34619

OK y'all
i decided that to keep up my positivity battle , i am mekabel; on myself to write something here every day for a month . i personally don't feel hugs in general. but i am going to try to prove myself wrong .  here goes .
today: uhhh.... oh yeah ..... ok i'll get back on this one .. it's my first time.  :-[
Last Edit: by villzeinheilig!.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 14 Dec 2009 19:21 #34651

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
36-nick,

I saw a friend this morn. who wasn't smiling. I asked him if his children had clothes. He said yes. I asked him if he had food on his table today. He said yes. I asked him if his roof leaks when it rains. He smiled and said no.

Don't take the things you always have for granted. Count your blessings. Start with counting your toes.

You are hugged all the time. The trick is to feel at least one a day. Do you feel hugged when you sit in a sukkah? well the sukkah has a min shiur of a wall, a wall, and a mashehu. That's like the two halves of the arm, plus the hand. Just sitting in a sukkah is like Hashem has His arm around you. it's a constant HUG!!

The hug doesn't have to be a volcanic miracle. It can be as quiet as a new understanding/awareness of His role in your life or even of the BEAUTY of His creation. I just saw a National Geographic article about pollen. Unbelievable close-up color photographs of the beauty and complexity and PURE GENIUS of how these many diversified shaped and colored particles look & function. Realizing that Hashem orchestrates the release, travel, and deposit of these things to continue to create flowers & plants was a pure "Awe & Wonder Moment" for me. So too, He is in control of MY life, even if I think from my microscopic view oi the universe that I am just being blown by the wind for no rhyme or reason.

I'm sure HKB"H is sending a gazillion messages your way, and I can't wait to see what you'll tell us about them. You just gotta LOOK and ASK Him for help, in anything, just "Let Go and Let G-d". TRUST him.

This DOES work.

Have an "awesome" day,

Steve.

Last Edit: by moshe77.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 14 Dec 2009 21:51 #34698

ok . i was sitting around trying to figure out when H' hugged me today, and i decided to take a break . i come back and H' sent me a little Stevel (that's a type of angel named steve) who  explains in detail what a hug is and where to find them . thanx H'! 
so my(2nd) hug for today is i appreciate  that H' keeps my body warm so i have a personal heating system inside of me and w/ a few layers i can do what others need radiators to do . i appreciate that H' keeps me naturally warm . i'm saying this b/c it's cold outside and i don't have the heat on .
and i'm cheap.    how's that?
Last Edit: by dave33.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 14 Dec 2009 21:54 #34700

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Its great 36. If we would only realize that everything Hashem does is in essence a hug our lives would be so much more enjoyable. And we would be happier people too! K'shem Shemevarchim Al Hatov Kach Mevarchim Al Hara. Why?? Cuz the bad is good too we just dont always see it. I think this thread will become a fav of mine now that i know that LV is gonna be hanging here! :D
Last Edit: by bimbim.

Re: FEEL THE HUGS!!! 14 Dec 2009 22:08 #34708

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
LV,

Thanx for the WARM response...

Last Edit: by tuviam.
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes