Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: helllo! 5567 Views

Re: helllo! 17 Jun 2010 13:24 #71143

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome.  Consider yourself very lucky that you've found GYE now before any children. Unfortunately I only found it after addiction and a nice large family.  Having been here for only 2 weeks I can tell you that GYE is life-changing. In addition to reading the handbooks and posting get yourself a partner. We all hit bumps in the road and there is a great bracha to be able to reach out to someone who understands what you're going through and who can assist you in your struggles.  Welcome and much hatzlacha.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0
Last Edit: by .

Re: helllo! 17 Jun 2010 15:28 #71165

• installed
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey MSN,

I read your thread and got lots of chizuk from the replies and from your determination. I'm also having trouble with secular media. There is no clear answer. Giving up EVERYTHING in one shot can be too much to handle but on the other hand as you abstain, you notice how much dirt there is everywhere and it triggers. As others have said, it is like having an alcoholic working as a bartender. I started to try to stop looking at women and I only realize now how much I was looking in the first place. I decided to stop surfing youtube (too many triggers on the homepage and on the right hand side). I'll probably try to watch videos that are relatively clean as well. Did you see Food Inc? It's a great documentary. Also check out Trouble in Amish Paradise. I ignored the Christian element and applied it to myself and it gave me a lot of chizuk at the time! Just saw one very good and clean video last week. It's called The Good the Bad and the Ugly and as far as I can remember it's perfectly kosher (it's an old western film). I didn't watch a movie or video since I signed up to this site (I'm spending hours here - all my spare time) but I can't see myself stopping completely. Let me know if you have any suggestions about the media problem and I'll do the same. Hatzlocha.

Regards,

Installed.

Re: helllo! 20 Jun 2010 12:55 #71450

i fell again.
spent a day doing nothing... the ended up falling.
what more, i made this neder foolishly, and now i not sure if i'm trouble as far as the halacha goes since i didn't really watch p___graphy...

i can't seem to see the end of this. i fear it will go on and on through my married life, and the thought really troubles me and scares me. i feel lost, if feel that god isn't on my side. i feel i have fallen out of grace.

i think i need to spend more time here. maybe for the first days out of the 90, i need to be here every day, reading, posting, internalizing. this time i didn't really visit here much and that may be part of the reason i fell.

i can't seem to get past a 10 days of being clean.

when will this end?..........

please God save me! SAVE ME!!!!

M

Re: helllo! 20 Jun 2010 15:06 #71455

• teshuvahilaah
  • Current streak: 63 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Reb Muststopnow, the best thing to is to just take it one day at a time.

There is a special time when we can draw near to Hashem. That time is really every single moment. We have to believe this and get back up. Things will get better. Just keep focus and take it one day at a time. And don't give up. 

Re: helllo! 20 Jun 2010 15:26 #71456

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Muststopnow,

Dont think for one second that Hashem is not with and on your side. Think about what that would mean! It would mean you have no purpose on this earth and Hashem would take you out of this world. The fact that youre still alive and able to perform Mitzvos means that YOU have a purpose hear and have the ability to make a true impression on this world and can move to Olam Habah. Lets take advantage of the hidden gems that Hashem has put in front of us!

Be well!

-Yiddle

Re: helllo! 21 Jun 2010 01:44 #71490

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
MSN! Don't beat urself up, 10 days is a nice stretch as a whole, besides that we r not competing here who gets a longer clean stretch, we work here day by day, and when the day is over and u r clean u r just like the rest of the guys here with 3 months or 9 months clean, I'm serious, every day is precious on its own,
Yes it would be worth being here more, posting if that makes u feel good, or at least reading, lots of good posts on here, maybe find urself here a good sponsor whom u can reach out in time of need,
Hashem is not on ur side??? Are u nuts?
Chazal in sanhedrin say that when a person was taken out for skila, schicna mu omeras "kalani miroshi kalani mizroie" so I once heard a briska vort, let's step back a moment and think about what type of person are we talking here, this is a guy who was mchala shabbos in public after 2 adults had warned him, or in our GYE  case a guy was found doing a terrible adultery act! With solid evidence , still hashem sees in his pain and cries for him, so how dare r u to say that hashem is not with u, I doubt that u r in such a situation of being worse than that,
So hang in here , u r worth more than that, just do what the pros here say and u will be clean soon

Re: helllo! 22 Jun 2010 21:49 #71720

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
muststopnow wrote on 20 Jun 2010 12:55:

what more, i made this neder foolishly, and now i not sure if i'm trouble as far as the halacha goes since i didn't really watch p___graphy...

See here: www.guardureyes.com/GUE/Tips/TipsShavuos.asp

And Here: www.guardureyes.com/GUE/FAQ/FAQ33.asp
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes