Welcome, Guest

Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 72363 Views

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 28 Apr 2010 21:07 #63473

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
jewinpain wrote on 28 Apr 2010 20:50:

Don’t they usually go together drinking & driving
besides that we call our rabbi's the manhigi hador & they alwasy drive us crazy so i guess being driven makes us shikor

I am moicheh on both of your comments!!

Our Manhigei Hador DO NOT drive us crazy! Chas v'sholom to even think so! [Not everyone who puts on a show is a Manhig hador, though.]

We do not drink & drive! That is dangerous! Try to imagine what can happen if you hit a bump while driving....... (You may spill your drink!!!)
Last Edit: by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 29 Apr 2010 15:22 #63543

• gevurah
  • Junior Boarder
Chazak chazak vnitchazeik (tough to write loshon hakodesh in english!)
your story is a chizuk for me and all others who have fallen in this aveirah
may hashem strenghthen you in your avodah tova-
your nissyon should on the levels of higher kedushah
and be able to win the yetzer of hrhurim and histaklus
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 18 Feb 2010 17:44:

Rabbeinu Yonah explains this posuk, (as heard from Rabbi Mattisyahu Salamon Shlit"a) that hashem leads people who were nichshal in a chet on the proper way, ze hu mah sheshalech nevi'im to teach us the proper way.

BORUCH HASHEM! We were zoche to be directed to this eida kedosha, a truly holy gathering of people who are Hashem's ONLY freinds in this lowly world. [i]Bemokom shebalei teshuva omdim ein tzadikim gemurim yecholim la'amod![/i]] We may not be like the tzadikim of previos generations, but in the dark, dirty, dingy, discusting, and degrading society we were put into, {in his infinite wisdom... we belive we are lucky to be in this generation, otherwise we wouldn't be here! HE doesn't make any mistakes!} we can accomplish even more than the amolige tzadikim did! WE CAN BRING THE GEULA! After all, a small 4 watt nightlite bulb will make all the difference whether you bump into the walls or not in if you put it in a room which is otherwise in total darkness; whereas a million candlepower searchlight does little good when used in bright daylight. As CHAZA"L say: Shraga betihara mai ahanye.

This forum is for personal intoductions, well... an "anonymous introduction" is quite a difficult feat to pull off. Just kidding, I understand the purpose, to start our connection with others and give/get chizuk.

This writer has been looking at re'ios assuros even before he knew that he shouldn't be looking at them. He was doing the ma'aseh before he knew that it is an aveira, r"l. At 14 I happened to see the last chapters in the Sefer Kitzur Shulchan Oruch and discovered the rotzon Hashem (after double checking with my Rebbe that I understood what I read. I am married now with a few children, Boruch Hashem, and have been struggling with the yetzer horah since then.

Since  I do consider myself somewhat of an oved hashem, after all I am jewish too, the last couple of months I generally managed to withhold from looking at the worst, but I did indulge in looking, searching, and staring at pics which my filter did let through as they are not classified as dirt in the lowest sense of the word, but were enough to be meorer the ta'avos in my heart. They were against the rotzon Hashem. The proof is that yetzer horah was pushing me to do it,and even more so, the results of these pics were often tumah ma'asim.

Brov rachamov vechasodov, I was zoche to be directed to this great and holy site by a Rabbi who knows about my struggles (I am forever indebted to him for this refferral!) and with much siyata dishmaya and the chizuk I recived from this site, I was zoche to have a highler level of shmiras einayim for the last 29 days that I haven't had since before I was a Bar Mitzvah!

Yasher Ko'ach to all the good jews who set up this site, to all those that post on this site, to all those that help fund this site, and to all those dear friends of Hakodosh Boruch Hu who value true kosher SIGHT!!!
Last Edit: 10 Feb 2011 09:56 by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 29 Apr 2010 15:38 #63548

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
gevurah wrote on 29 Apr 2010 15:22:

Chazak chazak vnitchazeik (tough to write loshon hakodesh in english!)
your story is a chizuk for me and all others who have fallen in this aveirah
may hashem strenghthen you in your avodah tova-
your nissyon should on the levels of higher kedushah
and be able to win the yetzer of hrhurim and histaklus

Amen V'amen!!  :D  V'chein L'mar!! :D

Thank you for the warm Berochos!!!!  :D

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 05 May 2010 16:26 #63929

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Not wanting to divert the flow of the thread where GUARD posted this, I am replying here.

guardureyes wrote on 05 May 2010 15:37:

Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 05 May 2010 15:28:

When GYE's Forum was down for a few days, and I was back at my starting point! Nothing changed! I realize now that I am not healed/recovered/sober/rehabilitated or any other terms which you may find in a thesaurus. Only, the time that I would have spent searching for ___ was spent on GYE's forum instead.  :-[

And as a result of that, you are getting yourself into a much more serious program of recovery!! Gam Zu LeTovah!

After all, it took getting Yosef Hatzadik into a pit - for him to become RULER OF MITZRAYIM!

Additionally, the way Yosef Hatzadik got out of the pit was...... By seeing others around him!

Through his showing/having concern for the welfare of the Sar Hamashkim, Yosef's release came about!

Upon his release we find: Banos tzo'adah alei shur, The daughters of Mitzraim stood upon the walls of Mitzraim trying to get his attention, to flirt with him, but Yosef Hatzadik GUARDED HIS EYES!!! (That is when he merited finding his predestined wife!))

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 05 May 2010 17:38 #63946

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry to hear that those days didn't go well...but glad to hear that you're back!

What "more serious program of recovery" is Guard referring to?

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 05 May 2010 20:24 #63979

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
welcome back, Yosele,

Let the past be a Yeridah L'Tzorach Aliyah!!

Such a beautiful self-awareness is a great...eh..."jumping off point!"

GEVALDIG!!!

(ok, I'm really a Bards Wanna-be)
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: 05 May 2010 20:32 by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 05 May 2010 20:29 #63982

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Thank you, Thank you!

& I am a Yosef Hatzadik wannabie!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 10 May 2010 20:10 #64597

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Boy did I experience a virtual roller-coaster ride today!

Last night was in a Holy mood after counting the sefirah of Yesod Sheb'Yesod.

This morning overslept my learning.

Davened fairly well. Mikveh.

As the Gabai started selling the Aliyos, I decided to buy them. Yesod Sheb'Yesod seemed like an apt day for an aliya leTorah.

Being that today is Yesod Sheb'Yesod, I tried to interpret the words of the Parsha that the Ba'al Korei was reading in line with the Tefilla that we were mispalel last night after Sefiras Ha'omer, ...yesukan mah shepagamti bisefria Yesod Sheb'Yesod. I will Iy"h post it in my "Ha'oros" thread.

Came to office & wanted to check GYE, but went to the mydumpinggrounds.com site. Checked out all unread posts since last visit (on Thursday). Thought that there is another problem with the site, no replies possible since May 7.

Started working.

Got urge to 'browse' online....

Urge to go online grew stronger....

and stronger...!!!!

Opened a private browser window and started typing....

Went to my anonymous gmail account & sent a 'Help needed' email to a Choshuva GYEer & to Rabeinu Guard.

The urge was getting bigger & stronger....

It felt physical! Felt my chest constricting!

Came to the realization that communication via email, with a few min. between each message is useless.

I realized that the only way to change my MODE would be through schmoozing. At first I thought that I don't have who to schmooze now, the only GYEer that I have a phone number to left the country yesterday, but then i called the ...............(Not from GYE) - He knows about my struggles.

I burst into tears! I have no idea why!?! I was not feeling bad. I was not depressed. I was not in a bad mood at all. I guess I was overcome with emotion! It is not my style to cry..... (In fact, I don't know why I am telling you this either?)

After a minute or two, I was able to start talking.

I told him about my current urge. He wanted to dance with me [via telephone..]

He started singing V'karov pezireinu mibein hagoyim.

In the middle of crying I couldn't sing. Even though I knew that I ought to be thankful that I did not succumb to the temptation, that I made the phone call to stop my tracks, but I was still crying.

I told him the thought that I was mechadesh during my Aliyah L'Torah this morning.

Boruch Hashem, I calmed down.

Went to daven Mincha in a nearby Yeshiva.

[Got a friendly smile from someone there -the first in a while]

Gave a guy from the yeshiva a ride after Mincha [-the first time ever.]

Later, in an email exchange with the GUARD himself, I learned that this great forum was not down at all. i was just looking for it in the wrong place!

GYE is my Lifeline! If only I would've known about the switch, I may have avoided that close encounter with disaster!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 10 May 2010 23:37 #64616

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow...quite the roller coaster, but I'm VERY glad that the story has a happy ending!

Awesome!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 12 May 2010 16:15 #64957

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Boruch Hashem, two more days of smooth sailing!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 12 May 2010 17:24 #64972

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep it up, keep on growing. It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 25 May 2010 17:08 #66671

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Last week a restart.

Today a brush.

90 came & went.

Y"H came & stayed.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 25 May 2010 21:11 #66744

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
The yetzer hora will always be there, but i think it changes...we have more of a choice in our freedom.

You need to keep working, keep growing, keep enjoying it.

How do you feel about being clean?

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 25 May 2010 21:47 #66758

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
I don't  :'(

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 25 May 2010 23:14 #66766

• an honest mouse
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
sorry to intrude - but (i think ive understood right that you had a fall ?) i had one too and maybe we can help eachother back up.

what do you mean by a brush? and do you not feel clean or do you mean to say you're not clean ?

hope you're having a good day!

(p.s thanks for the 'godol' compliment on my torah thread but we all know who the real godol is around here reb yosef )
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes