Welcome, Guest

Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 72372 Views

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im badarech! 13 Aug 2012 17:40 #143575

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Yosef wrote on 13 Aug 2012 17:37:

What do you think he did while in jail [beside for interpret dreams]?

He zugged Tehillim & sang Zemiros!

{via Gmail's chat, I guess!!}
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im badarech! 14 Aug 2012 16:18 #143664

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
If I admit that I am powerless then I don't have the option of beating myself up for going on <a social media site>.

I was setting my email to automatically delete any messages that come from there. (Cuz my filter was blocking the UNSUSCRIBE link.) 'Suddendly', I thought of checking if I can log in to that site. Filter blocked it. Another maneuver came to mind. IT WORKED!! I logged in with my acting-out username, got my first drink, and then thought that "I should make a phone call NOW". Too late. I was hooked already. "I will only check what happened the past few days that I was logged off... Nothing will come from this...."

Why did I do that? Don't I know that I was doing the exact same thing in the past? How can I forget my commitment to make more phone calls?

BECAUSE I AM A POWERELESS ADDICT, that's why!

I am unable to resist the disease's attraction. Filters won't keep me sober. Phones Calls don't keep me sober. GYE can't keep me sober.

Who knows if I can be long-term sober at all???

The "One Day at a Time" concept teaches me that I cannot do anything NOW to make me be sober LATER. All I can do is the next right thing for NOW. I can ask Hashem to help me be sober the rest of the day. I can ask Him to make me willing to ignore the urges & cravings; to give up ALL my Hidden Bottles.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im badarech! 14 Aug 2012 17:07 #143672

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Yosef wrote on 14 Aug 2012 16:18:

If I admit that I am powerless then I don't have the option of beating myself up for going on .

And a great many thanks Yosef, for that amazing piece of wisdom.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im badarech! 16 Aug 2012 11:39 #143778

• chaimcharlie
  • Current streak: 10 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Beautifull, Yosef. Thanks.

Ayyyy, all those "Hidden Bottles". I myself don't even know where I put most of them. But somehow they always manage to catch up with me.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im badarech! 16 Aug 2012 12:07 #143782

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
ChaimCharlie wrote on 16 Aug 2012 11:39:

Beautifull, Yosef. Thanks.

Ayyyy, all those "Hidden Bottles". I myself don't even know where I put most of them. But somehow they always manage to catch up with me.

I recently read "The Interesting Case Of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde", I'm hoping to do an official book review sometime with a lengthy post enumerating the many important lessons applicable to the life of an addict. Right now though, I just want to point out the way Dr. Jekyll took precautions on behalf of Mr. Hyde, providing for him in his will and all. Another thing, at the end of the book, he regrets not totally destroying Mr. Hyde's identity... Just some of the points I found very relevant...

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im badarech! 16 Aug 2012 14:57 #143795

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
great share, Yosef
thanks!
hope you have a good day

TZ, looking forward to the next doctoral thesis
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im badarech! 16 Aug 2012 15:04 #143800

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes, Yosef, Have a very good day. :D :D :D :D

And TZ, hi. how was the falafel?

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im badarech! 16 Aug 2012 15:05 #143801

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
I once heard R' shimshon Pincus ztz"l say "eat an extra falafel."

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im badarech! 21 Aug 2012 21:32 #144022

Shteeble wrote on 16 Aug 2012 15:05:

I once heard R' shimshon Pincus ztz"l say "eat an extra falafel."

Reminds me of a joke:

A little kid down south tells his mom, "I waunt sum mohlasses, mohm." And she replies, "Yo can't have moh lasses if you haven't had any lasses yet."

MT

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im badarech! 22 Aug 2012 09:30 #144039

• Dov
  • Administrator
Ah, good old southern family values...
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im badarech! 04 Oct 2012 01:05 #145504

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
molasses? did anyone say "treacle"? is the dormouse around? did he wake up? someone's pinching my whiskers.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im badarech! 10 Oct 2012 03:46 #145702

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi YoHa,

Just a teeny reminder: It's the beating ourselves up that makes the yh dance. It's got no Torah and it's got no Simchas Torah. All it's got is us addicts.

What is "long term" sober?

bty, along the lines of sweetening the din at the source, bottles make very nice vases.

KOT

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im badarech! 11 Oct 2012 14:23 #145859

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
where's feivish?
oops
where's yosef?

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im badarech! 11 Oct 2012 14:53 #145863

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Shteeble wrote on 11 Oct 2012 14:23:

where's feivish?
oops
where's yosef?

Hinei zeh omeid achar kosleinu, mashgiach min hachalonos, meitzitz min hacharakim...
8)

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im badarech! 11 Oct 2012 14:55 #145864

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
hi Joe!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes