Welcome, Guest

Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 72362 Views

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 14 Apr 2010 17:20 #61292

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
You're right, but 90 days of cold weather is not the same as 2 months of ______ weather!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 15 Apr 2010 01:15 #61346

• Dov
  • Administrator
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 14 Apr 2010 16:01:

..... and what comes next? Do you think the Yetzer Horah will forget my address????????

Yes, definitely. As a matter of fact, I just saw him in the subway at 38th and 7th avenue in Manhattan, dressed as a smelly old lady screaming dirty words. Expecting cash for this service. I gave her nothing, but she clearly had no idea where you live.

Hi.

:
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 15 Apr 2010 04:09 #61374

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
:D :D

Thank you, Dov...I'd laugh louder, but I don't want to wake anyone up...

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 15 Apr 2010 17:18 #61435

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Last night, a friend & I were discussing the Yetzer Horah, (isn't that an interesting topic?) We came to the conclusion that he LOVES this forum!!!!

Think for a moment he was created by Hashem too. What is the purpose in his creation? To entice us to sin, & that we should withstand his temptation, thereby giving Hashem lots of nachas from us. Did you hear? I will repeat: The purpose of his creation is to entice us to sin, & that we should withstand his temptation, thereby giving Hashem lots of nachas from us. If Hashem doesn't get the nachas of us ignore his overtures, HE DID NOT FULFILL HIS GOAL!!!! He wants us to NOT listen to him. He wishes we were to notice the stumbling blocks that he places in our path.

When a person stumbles, there is noone more dissapointed than the Yetzer Horah! He is rooting for us!!!!

Do any of us want to disappoint our old friend, the Yetzer Horah?

For those that like the Torah approach:

The above has been used to explain why Eisav's Malach after fighting with Yaakov Avinu all night had to go that morning to sing Shira before Hashem. From all days, this had to be the one? The answer is a resounding YES!!! The malach was created so that he should LOSE a fight. Eisav ALWAYS succumbed to his Yetzer Horah. The malach had a daily disappointment with Eisav. Now, for the very first time since his creation, the Malach was bested. He lost a fight. He fulfilled his goal! He is now ready to return to Hashem. He can now proudly proclaim: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

I WON BY LOSING!!!!!!!!!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 15 Apr 2010 17:34 #61436

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Nice!

I once heard that the yetzer hora is like someone who hides a diamond under a rock in the road,, and he's just waiting for his friend to move the rock out of the way and find the diamond.

So when we're faced with an urge, maybe it would help if we reminded ourselves that right then, even the yetzer hora doesn't want us to fall!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 15 Apr 2010 17:36 #61437

• hoping4change
  • Current streak: 219 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I saw something similar on YWN (Yeshiva World News) posted in their coffee room, "A Letter from the YH" - same idea.  It is a helpful way to think of the yetzer hora, at least for me.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 19 Apr 2010 00:21 #61809

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Reb Yosef, a very nice torah, never heard of that! I heard somtin similar to that! On a pusik in thiliem (can't recall now which one) that we must shove him off by saying to him, why are u telling me to sin? Only cuz u wana do your job that hashem created u for, right? So guess what I also have a tafkid on this world that for I do not wana do what u say and bog off

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 23 Apr 2010 00:19 #62568

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
YOU ARE INVITED!!!!!!!!

Come one Come all ! ! !

Who: All my friends & Acquaintances; Accomplices & Associates

What: A Seudas Hoda'ah

When: Shabbos Kodesh Parshas Kedoshim

Where: At your Shabbos table

Why: Thanking Hashem for allowing me to reach the 90 mile-marker!

How: By thanking Hashem for GYE. Think about how much we owe him for taking us out of the Tumas Mitzraim. (Rashi says in Parshas Achrei that Mitzraim & Canan were the very worst in the world in matters of immorality.)
When we say Asher kidushanu b'mitzvosav v'ratza banu. When we say zecher l'yetzi'as Mitzraim. Our heart should fill with simcha and gratitude to Him!

When you drink your l'chaim & when you eat your kugel, think that you are participating in my celebration.

Guest-of-Honor: Maran Harav Rabeinu Reb Guard Shlita, Founder & Manhig of the Holy GUARD YOUR EYES KEHILLA

Signed by one of Hashem's loyal (at least that is my goal)

Yosef Hatzadik II

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 23 Apr 2010 13:28 #62718

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow! Mazal tov!

That's fantastic! I will certainly participate in your simcha - especially since it's really conveniently located for me... ;D

You've been an inspiration for me, and many other people here, and I've always appreciated your chizzuk.

Have a great shabbos, and may you continue to grow, and also to enjoy the growth!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 25 Apr 2010 19:47 #62969

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
OY VIE!!

I didn't see this post before Shabbos!!

Hey tzaddikkel, can I make up the L'chaim today, the day after, and just do it without a beracha?

Can I resume making a l'chaim at night WITH a beracha?

Anyway, welcome to the club!! Mazal Stove!!!

No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 28 Apr 2010 19:35 #63457

• jewinpain
  • Platinum Boarder
I made a deal with this holy yosef , I drank for him and he for me , we both drank so much we didn't even know whom we r drinking for

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 28 Apr 2010 19:39 #63458

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
jewinpain wrote on 28 Apr 2010 19:35:

I made a deal with this holy yosef , I drank for him and he for me , we both drank so much we didn't even know whom we r drinking for

Maybe you didn't know. ???

I knew egggsactly who I was drinking for! I was drinking for MYSELF!  ;D

I was celebrating two simchos this past Shabbos Kodesh: Yosef hatzadik's 90 & JIP's 90!!  :D

R' JIP, your simcha is my simcha!!!!  :-*

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 28 Apr 2010 19:46 #63459

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
AND FOR BOTH OF YOU, IT'S SIMCHAS PURIM ALL OVER AGAIN!!

I'll dring to THAT!! L'CHAIM!!

Where's Bardy when you need him? He's our DESIGNATED DRIVER!!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 28 Apr 2010 19:48 #63460

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Steve wrote on 28 Apr 2010 19:46:

Where's Bardy when you need him? He's our DESIGNATED DRIVER!!!

DESIGNATED DRIVER!!! or DESIGNATED DRINKER!!! ???

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 28 Apr 2010 20:50 #63469

• jewinpain
  • Platinum Boarder
Don’t they usually go together drinking & driving
besides that we call our rabbi's the manhigi hador & they alwasy drive us crazy so i guess being driven makes us shikor

Time to create page: 0.67 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes