Welcome, Guest

Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 72393 Views

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Aug 2011 20:56 #113072

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
ben durdayah wrote on 02 Aug 2011 20:17:

Mazel Tov!

We here at the Bardichiver Shteeble -East will be doing a virtual karahoot for you Yossel!

captured on camera!
the guy with the macabee beer is EBD
the guy with the Yak chalif is Bards
Attachments:
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Last Edit: by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Aug 2011 20:57 #113073

• shteighecher
  • Current streak: 24 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • KOT. ODAAT. Keep on Trucking. One Day At A Time.
which guy is Shteighecher ?
Yes We Can!!!, Yes We Can!!!, Yes We Can!!!,
With Hoshems Help

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Aug 2011 20:58 #113074

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
that's easy, he's the tallest guy in the picture
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Aug 2011 20:59 #113075

• ben durdayah
  • Current streak: 49 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No, that is not a mouse...
bardichev wrote on 02 Aug 2011 20:53:

Tibetan cuisine reflects local climes and customs. Few crops grow at the high altitudes that characterize Tibet, although some areas in Tibet are low enough to grow such crops as rice, oranges, bananas, and lemon.[1] The most important crop is barley. Flour milled from roasted barley, called tsampa, is the staple food of Tibet.[2] Balep is Tibetan bread eaten for breakfast and lunch. Thukpa is mainly consumed for dinner. It consists of noodles of various shapes, vegetables and meat in broth. Tibetan cuisine is traditionally served with bamboo chopsticks, in contrast to other Himalayan cuisines, which are eaten by hand. Small soup bowls are also used, and rich Tibetans fed from bowls of gold and silver.[3]

Meat dishes are likely to be yak, goat, or mutton, often dried, or cooked in a spicy stew with potatoes. Mustard seed is cultivated in Tibet, and therefore features heavily in its cuisine. Yak yoghurt, butter and cheese are frequently eaten, and well-prepared yoghurt is considered something of a prestige item. As well as consumed in Tibet, varieties of Tibetan dishes are consumed in Ladakh, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and by the Tibetan diaspora in India, and various regions of northern Nepal, such as Mustang.

Other Tibetan foods include:

Thukpa, A Tibetan noodle dishSha Balep - a bread stuffed with seasoned beef and fashioned into semi-circular or circular shapes and which according to regional variations is either deep fried or pan fried like pot stickers.
Balep korkun - a central Tibetan flatbread cooked on a skillet rather than in an oven.
Momos - a type of steamed dumpling, a heavier version of the Chinese jiaozi.
Thenthuk - a type of cold-weather soup made with noodles and various vegetables.
Shab Tra - Stir-fried meat tossed with celery, carrots and fresh green chili.
Gyurma - Tibetan blood sausages with yak or sheep's blood and roasted barley flour or rice as filler
De-Thuk - a type of soup that includes yak or sheep stock along with rice, different types of Tibetan cheeses and droma which is a type of tibetan root.
Tsam-thuk - a type of soup that uses yak or sheep stock and roasted barley flour as well as a variety of Tibetan cheeses.
Dre-si - Tibetan sweet dish using rice that is cooked in unsalted butter and mixed with raisins, droma (gourd shaped root found in Tibet), dates and other nuts. This dish is usually served only on Losar (Tibetan new year).
Khapsey - Tibetan cookies or biscuits that is deep fried and usually made during celebrations such as the Tibetan new year or weddings. Khapseys are fashioned into many different intricate shapes and textures. Some are sprinkled with powdered sugar while other shapes such as the donkey ear-shaped khapseys are used for decoration.[4]

Wow!

And you can get all of this at Pom-Pom's take out counter while those guys sing and dance Yalllalllallllliillllliilllooolllooolleleellee or something like that in your face?

E

PS We've had a shortage of B'datz yak these past few years in these parts...
For Dov and the other two guys who care,
My real name really is
 Eli
Like the original Bendy, Ein hadavar talui ela bee

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Aug 2011 21:01 #113076

• bardichev
haah

you made me laffffffffffff

its the 9 days we not supposesed to lahhhhhffff

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Aug 2011 21:13 #113079

• ben durdayah
  • Platinum Boarder
bardichev wrote on 02 Aug 2011 21:01:

haah

you made me laffffffffffff

its the 9 days we not supposesed to lahhhhhffff

Nisht!

In the nine days you're not supposed to laugh!

Laffffffffffffing and lahhhhhffffing are just fine  .

Besides -you're the one who started...  pbtttttth!

Also -for some here this is pikuach nefesh.
My real name really is
 Eli

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2011 04:58 #113102

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel tov!!  i agree, this thread has been hijinked, Ah, I mean hijacked.  And it isn't funny!  Well, maybe the kigel one.  Is yak cheese kosher, and can I eat it during 9days?

And the answer is...maybe.

From the Los Angeles Times:

"Kosher law we often view as very restrictive," said Ari Zivotofsky, a main organizer of the event. "It doesn't have to be. . . . People should know the Torah doesn't prohibit these things."

For example, there are no prohibitions against yak. It was served with a spicy Asian sauce. The 15-course meal also included blue marlin, sparrow and dove in a minestrone soup, crispy pigeon with mango salad, quail and partridge served with Korean-style cucumber, and spice-encrusted grilled elk.

The meal marked the first time in history that a yak had been ritually slaughtered and eaten kosher, said Ari Greenspan, another key organizer of the event. It was impossible to confirm such a sweeping statement, but it certainly made sense.

Referring to "ritual slaughterers," Greenspan said, "there's not too many schochtim up in the Himalayas."

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2011 06:40 #113109

• ben durdayah
  • Platinum Boarder
These guys sound like they got their culinary inspiration from GYE!
My real name really is
 Eli

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2011 14:38 #113139

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
..... and what does all of this have to do with Al kein yoreh chata'im baderech?

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2011 14:44 #113142

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
isn't 'yoreh' a pot?
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2011 14:45 #113143

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
R` Shteighecher,

Thank you for initiating this boost to my ego. It is a very nice feeling to get all these congratulations from my friends!

And thanks to:

• ZemirosShabbos

• dov

• bardichev

• ben durdayah

• silentbattle

• 1daat

for your recognition. It is appreciated!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2011 17:27 #113203

• Dov
  • Administrator
Ego, shmeego, you are a fine guy even without your ego.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2011 17:32 #113206

• shteighecher
  • Current streak: 24 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • KOT. ODAAT. Keep on Trucking. One Day At A Time.
Yosef,

Now you should thank Dov for ...... your ego, shmego.
Yes We Can!!!, Yes We Can!!!, Yes We Can!!!,
With Hoshems Help

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2011 17:34 #113207

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
dov wrote on 03 Aug 2011 17:27:

Ego, shmeego, you are a fine guy even without your ego.

You make it sound as if Ego is a BAD thing!?!?  :o

Is ZERO self esteem & self confidence the goal?  :-\

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2011 17:39 #113210

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
in Philosophy 101, the professor is discussing the question of whether you actually exist or are a figment of your own imagination, and ended the class without a conclusion either way. One student was disturbed by this and spent the whole weekend re-hashing the question over and over.
On Monday he hurries over to the professor and asks "Professor, you must help me, please tell me if i exist!"
The professor answers "Who wishes to know?"
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes