Welcome, Guest

Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 72404 Views

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 11 May 2011 19:07 #105719

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
& where is Me Three?

(Nothing to argue about, so the chevra come to say Hi. It is better this way!!!) 
Last Edit: by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 11 May 2011 19:30 #105725

• ben durdayah
  • Current streak: 49 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No, that is not a mouse...
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 11 May 2011 19:07:
(Nothing to argue about, so the chevra come to say Hi. It is better this way!!!) 

(No it is not!!!)  >
For Dov and the other two guys who care,
My real name really is
 Eli
Like the original Bendy, Ein hadavar talui ela bee

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 14 Jun 2011 21:41 #108653

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 25 Aug 2010 21:46:

WOW!!! Isn't it spectacular? I just posted my 100th GYE themed Ha'oroh!!!

When I started, I didn't dream that I would find so many things in so many places!

This a clear example of Lekka midda d'lo remiza b'oraisah!!! There is NO thing that is not to be found in the Torah!!!! After all, Hashem used the Torah as a blueprint for creating the world, if it is not in the Torah there is no way that it can exist!

.......And this is my 600th post!
(The 150th post in this thread.)

250 Ha'oros!!!
Post number 2125!!!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 14 Jun 2011 21:45 #108655

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Mazel tov!
thank you for sharing your talents and efforts
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 14 Jun 2011 21:46 #108656

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
My pleasure! 

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 15 Jun 2011 11:11 #108711

• an honest mouse
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
a groisse shkoiach! may you go meychayil el choyil!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 17 Jun 2011 19:06 #108955

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 14 Jun 2011 21:41:

250 Ha'oros!!!

וַיִּקְרָא  . . . שֵׁם-יוֹסֵף, צָפְנַת פַּעְנֵחַ

יישר כחך
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 17 Jun 2011 20:39 #108964

• Dov
  • Administrator
ner leragli devorecha, v'or linsivasi
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 17 Jun 2011 21:22 #108972

• Gaveup
  • Expert Boarder
Mazal tov

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 20 Jun 2011 20:56 #109146

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
On the way home from Shul recently, I saw a semi-dressed woman.
I couldn`t get my mind off it.
Thinking "Fell Shmell" was useless - I was still dwelling on it. 

I tried thinking that she is a person etc.

Didn`t help.

I tried Dov`s method of praying for her... (I have never found it to work for in the past!)

My mind became so occupied with thinking of things to pray for, that my mind stopped dwelling on the lust! 
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2011 15:57 by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 20 Jun 2011 20:59 #109147

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
הלואי שיתפלל אדם כל היום

Yosef, ata beseder, tamshich trukking
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 20 Jun 2011 21:02 #109150

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
A very dear recovery friend recently quoted his Sponsor: "If you are a woman and have problems, you should walk in front of me & I will pray for you!"

;D ;D ;D

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 20 Jun 2011 21:20 #109151

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
A new understanding on why Eyshas Potiphar was zoche to such choshuva grandchildren. . . . . . She had Yosef Hatzaddik davening for her.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 20 Jun 2011 21:38 #109155

• kiviyvy
  • Current streak: 11 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • Yashuv VYashuv!
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 20 Jun 2011 20:56:
I tried thinking that she is a person etc. Didn`t help.

With H's help this approach has proven to be very helpful for me, but I think it's more than just thinking she's a person. It's about switching your mindset from what her beauty, attractiveness, etc. does for ME, to how can I be of service to other people. Being of service to others, which would include her, would 1st mean thinking of others as real people and not as attractions. It means thinking of them as people with human needs, families, etc. B"H this has helped immensely at times where trying to shut off my lust switch (Which also, B"H, works pretty well) just didn't cut it.

Also helpful, and probably more enriching, is turning to H' when you are attracted and saying "OK - You got my attention. Where are we going with this?" Dov has mentioned a related idea which makes this even more enriching. He Davens "H',what I see in her, please help me see in You instead!"

With the "Davening for her" method remember Dov's other Yesod - don't Daven for her while gazing at her beauty! (he put it more bluntly, but I'm more conservative )

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 21 Jun 2011 05:33 #109193

• Dov
  • Administrator
Dear Yosefhatzaddik,

Your breaking it down into dwelling and thinking not really helping, but taking action and (trying to!) pray can work, was brilliant. I never thought of it that way, and thanks.

Ciao!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes