Welcome, Guest

Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 72369 Views

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Mar 2010 19:26 #55963

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Elya wrote on 24 Feb 2010 20:30:

The same addictive chemicals are activated and it just forces you to want to ......

This morning I felt the truth in these words! I had a matter of agmas nefesh, [B"H unrelated to inyanei kedusha!] When I started thinking that soon I'l be able to access this forum after being off the forum since Thursday, I felt a similar sensation to the anticipation for the Y"H's stuff.

GYE has a balming and calming effect on me all around. Sunday night my wife told me how impressed she was with my staying in an upbeat mood over Purim, even when things weren't exactly as we would have liked. I attribute the credit to GYE. THANKS to all of you out there!!!!!!!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Mar 2010 20:07 #55971

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
shemirateinayim wrote on 25 Feb 2010 03:10:

Read the thread I started in 'Break Free', you are merely replacing your addictive compulsions with GYE.  The US government saw fit to so the same with morphine addicts. Morphine is costly, and proves addictive to those suffering from extensive pain. So the US Gov. developed HEROIN. A sister drug, to serve as a cheaper subsitute.  But all those former soldiers wounded inbattle went from being addicted to morphine, to being heroin junkies. 

At the end of the day, I DO personaly advise using a sister drug, a kosher one, and even better if it involves harbatzas hatorah!! However it does nothing for the cure (and may have side effects -- no guilt).

I agree with Harav Shemiras Einaim, I NEED Gye. I am not prepared to deal with withdrawel side effects. It is a pity for all those lost wages, though. :-\

...Er.....

...Ummmm...

...Or am I just hiding my head in the sand? ???

Oh! How do I decide? :-[

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Mar 2010 23:41 #56002

• Dov
  • Administrator
Oh, knock it off.  ;D

Just get to work.  8)

It'll be OK, sand or no sand.  :-*
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 04 Mar 2010 03:33 #56237

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Wow! 43 days already! One slip, NO FALLS!!!!!!!!! The holy day, Purim, was day 40. As is well known, the Rebbe Reb Elimelech of Lizensk Zt"l says (in his Tzetel Koton) that it takes 40 days to change a midah.

Yiddle2 wrote on 18 Feb 2010 18:05:

I am sure that you will find this place very inspiring and for some people thats enough to overcome this.

Credit is reserved exclusively for this site. I haven't yet found time to use the handbooks properly.
Last Edit: 10 Mar 2010 16:07 by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 04 Mar 2010 23:16 #56418

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You and hashem, man! You're going all the way!

Isn't be clean and connecting with hashem wonderful?

The handbooks are worth reading even if you're OK so far...I think.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 05 Mar 2010 18:12 #56563

• bardichev
YUSSILEH GIT SHABBES

NEE EPPES A ZUCHIR IN GEGEINT UDIR A TISH

PARSHAS POORIH

MOIRIDIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

YUSSLEH!! HUST A TOIREH?? MOIREDIGGGGGGGGGGGG

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 07 Mar 2010 20:07 #56747

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The handbooks are easy.
1. go to www.GuardYourEyes.org
2. Click on the link to the "GYE Handbook"
3. hold down the "Cntrl" button (bottom left or right of keyboard) and press "P"
4.If you are the environmentolist type, then set it to print odd pages only, then place those printouts inside the paper tray of your printer, while repeating steps 1-3
5. Read, In the words of R Asher Arieli "ain mol iz kein mol, tzvei mol is ain mol"
6. chazara
7. if you have completed steps 1-6, and are ready for step 7...I am very impressed! what is step 7?

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 10 Mar 2010 16:15 #57356

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Day 50! WOWee!!!

I am getting nervous. It is not the Y"H's style to let go and let live. If it looks like he let go of me, he is probably just gathering his ammunition and preparing to launch a surprise attack at an 'opportune'  moment when my guard may be lowered somewhat. I know that if it is expected it is not a surprise. But I am nervous anyhow. I do not feel ready for an all-holes-barred fight with him. "Oh, Ribono Shel Olam, Yhi ratzon shetatzileinu m'Yetzer Horah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 10 Mar 2010 16:26 #57359

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
So start fighting now. When he shows up for a nissayon. He will already find you putting-up an overwhelming resistance.

You cannot overcome the Y"H without hashem bailing you out. He was simply created to be stronger than your willpower. And on every single madreiga of tzidkus, he can still "nitpick" and find somewhere than he has a chance. Tzaddikim also have a tayvas nashim, just in more minute areas...so minute we cannot fathom that there is even a shemetz of tayvas nashim behinf it.

Try using the 12 step approach, at least the first 4 steps. they are in the handbook you printed, I think on page 24.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 10 Mar 2010 16:56 #57371

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Have plans in place, but in the meantime - get busy living life - enjoy being yourself, enjoy being close to hashem...so that when the yetzer hora comes knocking you can say, "what you want me to give up all this?!"

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 10 Mar 2010 22:30 #57434

• Dov
  • Administrator
Sweet!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 11 Mar 2010 21:40 #57607

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
dov wrote on 10 Mar 2010 22:30:

Sweet!

Knowing the unfathomable depths that your posts can reach.....I just can't get it!

I tried at bash,  at bach,    koleil,  roshei teivos,  sofei teivos,    and emtza'ai teivos....but i just don't get how "sweet!" is supposed to help him

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 11 Mar 2010 23:53 #57622

• Dov
  • Administrator
Often when I see a great post and identify strongly with the message in it, I want to add something or tweak it somehow. This is not a good thing. It's controlling, annoying, and blinds me to the value in what they are saying. It took me years of working on yet still screwing up (even more than I do these days) to begin to see some progress in that habit.

So today, what I try to remember to do is just give the message that "I am so happy for you that you feel that way and glad that you posted it, too. Thinking that way makes your life good and sharing it may show somebody out there that he or she can really stop eating the same slop and get a better life for themselves."

But it's safer for me to just post something like, "Sweet!", and hope they get just that message....

Yeah, I am definitely cracked....but slowly getting reglued! ;D

(BTW, the gematria of "Matok" (sweet) is 155, and that spells "konoh"="acquired".
Chazal say: "Deyah koneesa - mah chasartah?"="If you got the right awareness - even if it was at great expense - what more could you ask for? Nothing!".....just having some fun here.... :-*)

OK, SE, I'll go and get more glue!  : 

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 12 Mar 2010 00:28 #57625

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
You know, when your bad habbits are the greatest posts on this site...I don't think you should work  on them yet.          Let's call it an "Avaira Lishma"

Work on other areas for now, and get back to this when all of klal yisrael is 'cured' of p-----

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 16 Mar 2010 21:31 #58466

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
56 already!
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes