Welcome, Guest

Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 72389 Views

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Dec 2010 22:06 #87763

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
I get my taanug when Yosef Hatzaddik calls me. 
Last Edit: by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 06 Dec 2010 19:53 #88114

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Overheard a child asking his father, "Totty, heib mich oif". (-Totty, please pick me up)

It spoke volumes to me!!!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 07 Dec 2010 15:29 #88192

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Lord, get me high, get me high, get me higher...

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 07 Dec 2010 17:45 #88220

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
May we be zocheh that the Light of the 6th Day of Chanuka illuminate the 6th Midah, Midas Hayesod, which is the midah of Yosef Hatzadik!      The real one!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 08 Dec 2010 20:28 #88442

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Amen!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 15 Dec 2010 22:14 #89303

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
This has been posted in another thread, after getting negative feedback I am moving it here.

It pertains to all of us!

[quote="Yosef Hatzadik]
[quote]
fell again last night
I have learnt that my urge is sometimes too powerful
[/quote]

Nice to hear. ???

I am sad to say that I have some bad news to share with you. You are gonna fall again.  :(

Why do I say this?

I read it in your post.

You wrote that you learnt that the urge is [u][i]sometimes[/i][/u] too powerful.

As long as you don't completely convince yourself that the urge is always too powerful, you are not sufficiently scared of it to avoid it at all costs! We MUST realize that that once we are over [i]there[/i] we are [i]powerless[/i]! Whether we fall or not depends entirely on outside circumstances. WE ARE NOT IN CONTROL ANYMORE!

What is in our power to do is try to minimize our exposure to the urge, avoid triggers that trigger the urge. And we can ask the All-powerful Almighty God for help. We can harness His power. HE CAN DO ANYTHING.

With His invoking His power, last night's fall will be your last ....EVER!!!!
[/quote]

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 15 Dec 2010 22:23 #89307

• an honest mouse
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
why negative feedback? gevaldige idea

(help me put it into practice... :-[)

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 15 Dec 2010 22:24 #89308

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
They said it is too harsh to post it for someone else. I shouldn't be imposing my beliefs on others.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 15 Dec 2010 22:32 #89310

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 15 Dec 2010 22:24:

They said it is too harsh to post it for someone else. I shouldn't be imposing my beliefs on others.

You're not imposing them, your just telling them the reality.  As I once overheard someone tell someone he was talking to, "listen you're entitled to your own opinion, but your opinion is wrong."
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 15 Dec 2010 22:35 #89311

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
My own thread is mine to sully with my misguided (?) opinions. Should shove it down other people's throats?

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 15 Dec 2010 22:36 #89312

• an honest mouse
  • Platinum Boarder
uaj - lol!

i see reb yosef, perhaps some less personal, lighter language (maybe take lessons from dov, he's very soft...) ober the kernel of truth was so true (i repeat - help me put into practice...)

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 15 Dec 2010 22:51 #89317

• David712
  • Current streak: 26 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 15 Dec 2010 22:35:

My own thread is mine to sully with my misguided (?) opinions. Should shove it down other people's throats?

Never thought of it this way- Now i am starting to think it may be worth starting my own thread.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 15 Dec 2010 22:53 #89318

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
david712 wrote on 15 Dec 2010 22:51:

Now i am starting to think it may be worth starting my own thread.

OOOhhhhh!  We are all looking forward!!  8)

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 16 Dec 2010 12:37 #89370

• an honest mouse
  • Platinum Boarder
yeh - what a great idea!!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 16 Dec 2010 14:51 #89380

• ramatganinternational
Reb yosef,

dont know why it was taken in a negative light.....seems perfectly normal to me, sounded like you were doing a little introspection and telling yourself how best to go forward.

ahm, regarding putting it into practise, i'd say the first thing one has to do is ask for help which is what we all do here on this forum. Other help can come in the form of simply asking hashem to help us! i know it sounds simple and obvious but surely hashem is waiting for us to ask....pischu li pesach shel machat etc...

g'day all....
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes