Welcome, Guest

Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 72378 Views

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2010 19:27 #75935

• David712
  • Current streak: 26 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Lets go guys start shaking the site up a bit.    Are you all in De Bungalows?
Last Edit: by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2010 19:40 #75936

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
ur-a-jew wrote on 03 Aug 2010 19:21:

Yosef, just checking how things are going.  Saw you were alone in the office today.  Hope everything is A-Ok.

Do you have a spy satellite? or did you see my post in the 'Thought I was cured....' thread? Either way, you should know that I am fine! [With a bit of help from [b]Yiddle2[/b]!  :D ]

Hey! That isn't a bad idea! how about using all the surplus funds from Guard's recent fundraising trips for a GYE Spy Satellite? We will beam it only into our members' locations, of course. This way we won't have the problem of yichud with the internet!

Guard doesn't have to worry about losing his anonymity since his hat covers most of his face anyhow. As for the rest of us? I am sure one of the tech savvy GYE'ers can program it so that the faces should be automatically reconfigured to match the crowns that we're wearing on the Wall of Honor.

david712 wrote on 03 Aug 2010 19:27:

Lets go guys start shaking the site up a bit.    Are you all in De Bungalows?
Does this nonesensical post qualify? (Does it belong in the 'Just Having Fun' section of the GYE Forum?)
Attachments:

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2010 19:49 #75937

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 03 Aug 2010 19:40:

Do you have a spy satellite? or did you see my post in the 'Thought I was cured....' thread? Either way, you should know that I am fine! [With a bit of help from [b]Yiddle2[/b]!  :D ]

Or maybe I felt an overwhelming surge of Kedusha from someone being kovesh their yetzer and I figured its got to be you. 

Hey! That isn't a bad idea! how about using all the surplus funds from Guard's recent fundraising trips for a GYE Spy Satellite? We will beam it only into our members' locations, of course. This way we won't have the problem of yichud with the internet!

Sounds like someone's been listening to Dr. Midos tapes.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2010 19:54 #75938

• David712
  • Fresh Boarder
Not bad. How about a new gabbai with access to LOG ME IN on your computer. He can come back for a peak every so often?

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2010 20:05 #75939

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
david712 wrote on 03 Aug 2010 19:54:

Not bad. How about a new gabbai with access to LOG ME IN on your computer. He can come back for a peak every so often?

[size=24pt]GREAT IDEA!!!

Can I please have unlimited access to YOUR computer first??  ;D

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2010 20:09 #75940

• David712
  • Fresh Boarder
Now your talking. 

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2010 21:09 #75945

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
ur-a-jew wrote on 03 Aug 2010 19:49:

Or maybe I felt an overwhelming surge of Kedusha from someone being kovesh their yetzer and I figured its got to be you. 
They say: "It takes one to understand one!" So I guess you must really be on the madreiga that you can feel a surge of kedusha in the world!  :D

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 03 Aug 2010 21:15 #75946

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
ur-a-jew wrote on 03 Aug 2010 19:49:

Sounds like someone's been listening to Dr. Midos tapes.
we sure hope I don't forget everything that I learned while growing up!  :-\

BTW, I didn't even hear Dr. midos as a child. I only have it from Oorah's pre-pesach CD that we got in the mail.  ;D

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 04 Aug 2010 12:44 #75981

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Didn't see that yet - love the tapes, and the songs, too - I just got the song CD recently (though was a bit dissappointed that it didn't include all the songs, even though there would've been room for them on the CD).

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 10 Aug 2010 20:17 #76343

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
I think I discovered the 4th dimension!

1. The Real World(?) = the world around us.

2. The Fantasy World = the one we tried entering

3. The World of GYE = this fantastic forum

4. The World of Duvid Chaim & Steve's 12 Step Phone Groups = A world galaxy universe dimension in a category by itself!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 16 Aug 2010 22:19 #76660

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
WARNING! I am just joking with the following message. please do not take it seriously!

I just came across the following in Guard's Pesicha at the Chanukas Habayis of the Bais Medrash section of the GYE Forum:guardureyes wrote on 18 Jun 2009 06:54:

I made them moderators because they already post a lot of great Torah thoughts. (Forgive me if I forgot anyone else who posts a lot of Torah)... Indeed, anyone who posts a lot on this forum will bl"n be upgraded to moderator of this board as well.

So I wonder, why isn't little me also a shamash in this holy place? Currently, I think, I am the biggest nudnik on that board......

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 16 Aug 2010 22:37 #76662

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
WOW!

WOW!

WOW!

There is little more that I can say when I think into Hashem's showing me his Presence yesterday! 8)

I was driving with two of my kids and stopped at the side of the road so that they can watch some horses grazing. In the midst of this idyllic scene I chanced upon a trigger  >  Immediately, I realized that I am in trouble and that I ought to contact one of my dear GYE buddies to get me out of the situation before I reach a point of no return, R"L.

Problem.  :-\

Kids in vehicle.

Can't talk in front of them.  :-X

Within 20 seconds the younger one fell asleep. The other one was sleeping in another 30 seconds!!!

I called my GYE Partner, he didn't have time to talk just then.  I tried another good guy from here; he didn't answer my call. Steve did respond to his ringing telephone and graciously gave over twenty minutes of his precious time!  :D
With his expertise I was released from the Yetzer Horah's clutches!!! 

Now, get ready for the punchline.....

Just as Steve was telling me his goodbyes, BOTH KIDS WOKE UP!!!!    IN THAT SAME INSTANT!!!!!!

Is there Someone up there looking out for me??
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
Last Edit: 24 Aug 2010 17:14 by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 17 Aug 2010 01:34 #76669

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
This post is not intended for others. It was written for me to records the moments so that I can be reminded of it when I review this thread.

One recent morning I had a spiritual experience. As I was reciting (out of habit - as usual) the Morning brochos, saying the brocho of Elokai Neshomo, I realized a new way of connecting those words. I had been thinking about what I heard on the 12 Step group Calls how Hashem is the one who keeps us clean. etc. When I suddenly realized that the entire first section of the brocho can be referring to the words 'Tehorah hi" as follows. "Hashem, the neshomo that you put in me is tahor, you created it in a tahor'dige condition, when you blew it into me it was tahor, and you keep it tahor in me, so that you can take it back from when it will still be tahor."

I was excited! I was floored!

Continuing the brocho, the entire time that the neshomo is within me Modeh ani l'fanecha ... ribon kol hama'asim, I remembered that the word Modeh is not only an expression of praise, it can also be translated as 'recognize' or 'admit'. Now I understood the words that I was saying that as long as I live I proclaim that Hashem is the Master of all happenings! A recognition of A&W Moments! For me this was an A&W Moment!

I was stunned! I was flabbergasted!

I wanted to share this moment with someone, but couldn't think of whom I can call. I don't have many phone numbers - yet, and I don't want to over-use those that I do have. (Sort of like saving them for when I REALLY need them.) The thoughts were marching through my mind like soldiers on a parade ground, platoon after platoon, wave after wave. One leading into the next. "Why do I want to share this with someone else?" I asked myself. The realization hit me. Because I am looking to connect with another person! "So why don't I just connect with Hashem?" was the logical thought that came next. It dawned upon me that I had no idea how to connect with Hashem! Now I started thinking about how Steve tells us on the 12 Step Calls to look out for A&W Moments in order to train ourselves to see Hashem's presence in the world around us.

With these thoughts in mind I commenced the next set of brochos. Boruch... Asher nasan lasechvi vina lehavchin bein yom u'vein loila.  A blessing that Hashem gave the rooster intelligence. A blessing on recognizing the intelligence inherent in the world around us.  A blessing on recognizing that Hashem is the sole Source of all the intelligence inherent in the world around us. A BLESSING ON A&W MOMENTS!!! Not uttering a blessing in vain is one of the Ten Commandments. Chazal did not institute blessings in vain! We are to make a brocho every morning recognizing and thanking Hashem for giving us A&W Moments!!!

I was ecstatic! I was awed! I was overwhelmed!

I could not control myself any longer! I dialed Steve's number. Thankfully, he didn't answer my call. I quickly said only this last point as a message in his voicemail, stepped into Shul, and started davening. Needless to say, my davening that day was on a different plane than most days! I felt like I was in a different realm than other days!

There, I did it. I wanted to record those moments and emotions for posterity. The feeling have died down in me already, as usually happens after a cool-off period goes by. At least now that it is written, I, and anybody else who may read this thread, can be re-inspired again at a later date.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 17 Aug 2010 18:30 #76737

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hope shabbos and your weekend go well!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 18 Aug 2010 01:59 #76764

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
A&W Moment:

This morning, in shul, as I was walking toward the room that they were davening in, I suddendly quickened my pace and headed toward the side door. I had no idea why I was doing this.

As I entered I happened to glance at the front door. Lo & behold, it was locked!!!

....And just the the Chazan started saying Kaddish!!!

If I wouldn't have walked quicker and/or if I would've gone first to the front door, I would've had to go around to the side door and I would've missed kaddish!

Now I knew why I was quickly led in through that specific entrance!!!
Time to create page: 0.74 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes