Welcome, Guest

Just saying hi! (I'm new)
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 1941 Views

Re: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 21 Dec 2022 08:29 #389839

• tractatek
  • Current streak: 465 days
  • Junior Boarder
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Keep in mind: tractate k(iddushin) daf 30b:
בראתי יצר הרע ובראתי לו תורה תבלין
Last Edit: 25 May 2023 05:55 by tractatek.

Re: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 21 Dec 2022 09:35 #389840

• tractatek
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 25 May 2023 05:56 by tractatek.

Re: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 21 Dec 2022 21:21 #389860

• eerie
  • Current streak: 766 days
  • Platinum Boarder
tractatek wrote on 20 Dec 2022 06:35:
Amar Abaye: Hareini kiben azzai bishukay teverya... (Ask me any shailah and I'll answer...) (Tractate k - 20a)

So feel free to ask questions on what I post.

Update: My streak continues bh, something I don't take for granted, and I'm currently sick with a slight cold but as we know e/t Yitzchak Avinu asked for yissurim, and we're not on that level if Hashem sends some ur way anyways, accept it with Ahavah!

A little more about myself: on the enneagram scale I consider myself a 1 with a 9 wing which means I'm an organized doer who gets things done but at the same time is at peace with the world and is chilled, cool, calm and collected.
​I also consider myself an introvert and like most teenagers I enjoy sports tremendously. I'm studious (got an award in high school for grades) and I like learning. I struggled with my weight for a bit which impacted my sports playing abilities but am currently slim bh (btw disclaimer if u know who I am - don't be shy, plz reach out to me). Like most introverts I have few friends (I'm super close with them tho) but lots of "acquaintances" and I consider myself normal Bec I can carry conversations with ppl and play quarterback, albeit listening to music is what I'd rather be doing than making small talk. I'd just like to open up abt one more thing in this post (but based off of feedback I'll def post more) in high school I didn't get along with one person in my class to put it mildly, I dreaded every encounter I had with this person, he didn't bully me per se and he was socially off himself which made me take the "high road" and not bully him but just wanted to tell u guys my mistake, I chose to IGNORE him literally. This escalated matters for the worse and the situation became intolerable I eventually spoke to our rebbe, a master mechanech who told me I should make up with him and that by ignoring him I WAS in a form bullying HIM I didn't listen and we parted ways after high school distant. End rant for now and good night y'all.

You write that we should feel comfortable asking you anything, so I hope it's ok if I ask: You write that your behavior was hurting a boy in your class, and your rebbi pointed it out to you and told you to stop, but you didn't listen. I'm just wondering if you ever made up with that boy
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 21 Dec 2022 21:27 #389861

• tractatek
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 25 May 2023 05:57 by tractatek.

Re: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 21 Dec 2022 21:33 #389862

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
I was not blaming, just want to know if you think he has bad feelings or did you ask mechila...

Re: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 21 Dec 2022 21:36 #389863

• tractatek
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 25 May 2023 05:59 by tractatek.

Re: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 21 Dec 2022 21:38 #389864

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
I hear you. Asking mechila takes courage. But it's really worth it in the long run. You'll know that you did what you can do fix the wrong that you did. Keep trucking my friend, and keep posting!

Re: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 22 Dec 2022 04:58 #389876

• human being
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
tractatek wrote on 20 Dec 2022 06:35:
Amar Abaye: Hareini kiben azzai bishukay teverya... (Ask me any shailah and I'll answer...) (Tractate k - 20a)

So feel free to ask questions on what I post.

Update: My streak continues bh, something I don't take for granted, and I'm currently sick with a slight cold but as we know e/t Yitzchak Avinu asked for yissurim, and we're not on that level if Hashem sends some ur way anyways, accept it with Ahavah!

A little more about myself: on the enneagram scale I consider myself a 1 with a 9 wing which means I'm an organized doer who gets things done but at the same time is at peace with the world and is chilled, cool, calm and collected.
​I also consider myself an introvert and like most teenagers I enjoy sports tremendously. I'm studious (got an award in high school for grades) and I like learning. I struggled with my weight for a bit which impacted my sports playing abilities but am currently slim bh (btw disclaimer if u know who I am - don't be shy, plz reach out to me). Like most introverts I have few friends (I'm super close with them tho) but lots of "acquaintances" and I consider myself normal Bec I can carry conversations with ppl and play quarterback, albeit listening to music is what I'd rather be doing than making small talk. I'd just like to open up abt one more thing in this post (but based off of feedback I'll def post more) in high school I didn't get along with one person in my class to put it mildly, I dreaded every encounter I had with this person, he didn't bully me per se and he was socially off himself which made me take the "high road" and not bully him but just wanted to tell u guys my mistake, I chose to IGNORE him literally. This escalated matters for the worse and the situation became intolerable I eventually spoke to our rebbe, a master mechanech who told me I should make up with him and that by ignoring him I WAS in a form bullying HIM I didn't listen and we parted ways after high school distant. End rant for now and good night y'all.

Sounds like you were a victim too. Sounds like there was no-one to talk to. Especially being told that you shouldn't ignore him, which can only work if someone else is keeping boundaries, and respecting you as a human being. Im sure he has his own pain/challenges, but that doesnt take away one bit from the hurt/frustration it caused you.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
I'm sick of the Un-scientific approach of today's medical and social environment. 
we will never heal and become a better society unless we realize that all people are addicts. Any thing we do that we aren't interested in is "addiction" and medicine doesn't fix addictions. 

Pain causes addiction and medicine cant fix pain. 

Unless we heal our pain, and become truama conscious so as not to cause others pain, we will never be living in a functioning human society.

Re: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 22 Dec 2022 05:22 #389880

• tractatek
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 22 Dec 2022 05:39 #389882

• tractatek
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 22 Dec 2022 05:55 #389886

• human being
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
tractatek wrote on 22 Dec 2022 05:22:
Dude. I'm just a kid I don't have trauma from that episode and really regret talking abt it. Love the junior therapists here on gye lol. Get a grip guys and stop trying to be "helpful".

P.s. I have tremendous respect for u guys and I like positivity but plz stop commenting on that thx.

P.p.s. don't assume. I honestly have to hold myself back from how ridiculous some of these sweeping generalizations are.

Another guy on cordnoys team. Comn Cordnoy, you have like 10 times the amount of guys as me! lol.    Sorry if my post annoyed you. keep on posting. Were all reading.                I'm going to learn from my past mistakes. This is the "shpitz" comment to flare up a whole nother discussion. But it will not happen. Dear tractate, only love
I'm sick of the Un-scientific approach of today's medical and social environment. 
we will never heal and become a better society unless we realize that all people are addicts. Any thing we do that we aren't interested in is "addiction" and medicine doesn't fix addictions. 

Pain causes addiction and medicine cant fix pain. 

Unless we heal our pain, and become truama conscious so as not to cause others pain, we will never be living in a functioning human society.

Re: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 22 Dec 2022 05:59 #389887

• tractatek
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 25 May 2023 05:58 by tractatek.

Re: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 22 Dec 2022 17:16 #389907

• tractatek
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 25 May 2023 05:58 by tractatek.

Re: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 22 Dec 2022 19:22 #389914

• tractatek
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Just saying hi! (I'm new) 26 Dec 2022 02:35 #390015

• tractatek
  • Junior Boarder
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes