Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest

Wake Sleepy up!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Wake Sleepy up! 19124 Views

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 04 Jun 2020 11:07 #350754

• sleepy
  • Current streak: 1181 days
  • Platinum Boarder
something id like to share:
Bereshis 1:14
AND G-D SAID:LET THERE BE LUMINARIES IN THE EXPANSE OF THE HEAVENS TO DIVIDE BETWEEN THE DAY AND THE NIGHT  AND THEY SHALL BE FOR SIGNS AND FOR APPOINTED TIMES AND FOR DAYS AND YEARS.

FOR DAYS:
If time continued in unbroken succession,men would continue in unchanging pattern.A quarrel would be forever,a sorrow would linger,and a discouragement or depression would drag on endlessly.Error would be perpetuated .The advent of a new day is a stimulus to new courage,to new understanding,and to new hope."The days are sheets ;to write in them that which you wish to be remembered for you"(Chovos Halvovos ,Cheshbon 11).Each day we make a new beginning,and we have an opportunity to do better than yesterday."Teach us to count our days"(Tehillim 90:12)to gain more each day,"that we produce  a heart (a mind)of wisdom"(ibid.),and the first(highest )of wisdom is the Fear of Hashem"(ibid. 111:10)It is a paramount function of man to note the passage of time ,in order that his days be utilized properly.The luminaries remind us of this.Thus"every day I shall Bless You"(ibid. 145:2);we thank Hashem  for each additional day that He bestows upon us to enjoy  His benefits and to achieve merit  of good deeds and wisdom.The dividing of time into days is a contrivance of infinite benefit,and the Creator designed this process with endless cunning  and boundless might. The rotation of the earth ,which is the mechanism of dividing time into days ,testifies to the Creator's great Wisdom,Power,and Kindliness.(The Beginning by Rabbi Avigdor Miller ZTL pg 38)
i highlighted some words
have a great day everyone!​
For an explanation on my choice of username and avatar see my first post 
Last Edit: 04 Jun 2020 14:01 by sleepy.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 04 Jun 2020 11:22 #350755

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
interesting how the Pasuk which says" Teach us to count our days" is in Perek 90 ! the 90 days challenge !
hmmm

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 04 Jun 2020 21:02 #350777

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
sleepy wrote on 04 Jun 2020 11:07:
something id like to share:
Bereshis 1:14
AND G-D SAID:LET THERE BE LUMINARIES IN THE EXPANSE OF THE HEAVENS TO DIVIDE BETWEEN THE DAY AND THE NIGHT  AND THEY SHALL BE FOR SIGNS AND FOR APPOINTED TIMES AND FOR DAYS AND YEARS.

FOR DAYS:
If time continued in unbroken succession,men would continue in unchanging pattern.A quarrel would be forever,a sorrow would linger,and a discouragement or depression would drag on endlessly.Error would be perpetuated .The advent of a new day is a stimulus to new courage,to new understanding,and to new hope."The days are sheets ;to write in them that which you wish to be remembered for you"(Chovos Halvovos ,Cheshbon 11).Each day we make a new beginning,and we have an opportunity to do better than yesterday."Teach us to count our days"(Tehillim 90:12)to gain more each day,"that we produce  a heart (a mind)of wisdom"(ibid.),and the first(highest )of wisdom is the Fear of Hashem"(ibid. 111:10)It is a paramount function of man to note the passage of time ,in order that his days be utilized properly.The luminaries remind us of this.Thus"every day I shall Bless You"(ibid. 145:2);we thank Hashem  for each additional day that He bestows upon us to enjoy  His benefits and to achieve merit  of good deeds and wisdom.The dividing of time into days is a contrivance of infinite benefit,and the Creator designed this process with endless cunning  and boundless might. The rotation of the earth ,which is the mechanism of dividing time into days ,testifies to the Creator's great Wisdom,Power,and Kindliness.(The Beginning by Rabbi Avigdor Miller ZTL pg 38)
i highlighted some words
have a great day everyone!​

Thank you !!!(bimakom she'ayn ish , yishtadel lihiyos ish...)

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 04 Jun 2020 21:15 #350778

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
stillgoing wrote on 24 Sep 2019 15:46:
Sleepy my friend...... There is so much to respond to that I'm overwhelmed. First of all, I think that HHM wrote it beautifully. They may well be p'ritzas, and they may well have to answer to Hashem, but they don't have to answer to sg. For years I've judged people in my mind (I still do) and I've come out with a verdict and signed and sealed their fate, but in order for me to do that, I need to have a mindset that I am a power greater then them. Really I'm not. The Torah is a power greater then them, and that's why I wrote that they may have to answer to Hashem, but when I judge I'm assuming the Role of Hashem. Now certainly the Torah has informed me that pritzus behavior is despicable and I should avoid it at all costs, but the Torah did Not tell me to be in charge of that other person who's not dressing fully. By resenting Them, I'm saying that they should cater to me, they're not and that hurts me - result, I get hurt. By judgeing their behavior I'm not thinking about them, I'm rather think about myself and how I can be better - result, I get better.

One other point, you wrote a lot about guilt. I don't think that that guilt has any part in "that mindset" of which you spoke. When I say that the problem is me, I'm not saying that I'm a bad person, what I am saying is that the solution is found in me as well.

If the problem is that other guy/girl, I'll never get better until they correct their problems, but if the problem is in me, I can work on myself and forget the shoushan about them.

sg wrote:
they may well have to answer to Hashem, but they don't have to answer to sg.

i humbly disagree , i think they owe sg(and  me )an apology
Last Edit: 04 Jun 2020 21:41 by sleepy.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 05 Jun 2020 02:26 #350806

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "LIFE IS ONLY HARD FOR THE FIRST 120 YEARS!"
sleepy wrote on 04 Jun 2020 21:15:
sg wrote:

And that's certainly your prerogative to hang on and want an apology, just as it's my right to try and live my life happy and serene despite what others may do.

Enjoy
:-)
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 05 Jun 2020 02:55 #350808

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
sleepy wrote on 30 Oct 2019 05:40:
but its undeniable that he has helped  a lot of guys here in a very real way 
exactly! that is why i was feeling guilty to post  ,and that was the purpose of my post,   hoping someone  can change my mindset   and get me to join  the bandwagon of his followers,but its not going to happen.

You're right, it's not. At least not until you change the last 6 words of the above quote.
Sure sounds like a self-fulfilled prophecy to me...
Happy sleep. 
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 05 Jun 2020 03:28 #350810

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder

Sleepy wrote: .....my complaint was on the" blessing her "tactic doesnt hold water.......
.....i didnt say that its not a beuatiful thing to do, but it wont make my lust go away.....

And how would you know that if you haven't tried it?
In rereading your thread I see that you did write that you are trying to be open-minded, mind you no one should be so open-minded that their mind falls out, but open-minded enough to see what has worked for others and to actually honestly try it for onesself before condemning it to the dump of "things that just won't work for me."

Love ya
Sg
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 07 Jun 2020 08:31 #350884

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
stillgoing wrote on 05 Jun 2020 03:28:

Sleepy wrote: .....my complaint was on the" blessing her "tactic doesnt hold water.......
.....i didnt say that its not a beuatiful thing to do, but it wont make my lust go away.....

And how would you know that if you haven't tried it?
In rereading your thread I see that you did write that you are trying to be open-minded, mind you no one should be so open-minded that their mind falls out, but open-minded enough to see what has worked for others and to actually honestly try it for onesself before condemning it to the dump of "things that just won't work for me."

Love ya
Sg

i tried it, i tried it...

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 07 Jun 2020 08:32 #350885

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
stillgoing wrote on 05 Jun 2020 02:55:

sleepy wrote on 30 Oct 2019 05:40:
but its undeniable that he has helped  a lot of guys here in a very real way 
exactly! that is why i was feeling guilty to post  ,and that was the purpose of my post,   hoping someone  can change my mindset   and get me to join  the bandwagon of his followers,but its not going to happen.

You're right, it's not. At least not until you change the last 6 words of the above quote.
Sure sounds like a self-fulfilled prophecy to me...
Happy sleep. 

i tried it, i tried it...

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 07 Jun 2020 08:35 #350886

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
stillgoing wrote on 05 Jun 2020 02:26:

sg wrote:

And that's certainly your prerogative to hang on and want an apology, just as it's my right to try and live my life happy and serene despite what others may do.

Enjoy

i hear, i hear... hey what do you think about
 guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/342804-Wake-Sleepy-up!?limit=15&start=165#350754
?

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 16 Sep 2020 01:12 #355130

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
just a word of chizuk to myself and anyone who cares to hear:

sometimes we dont feel like Davening to Hashem and asking for anything thinking, how can i be so brazen to ask Hashem for anything,look what i have done in the past , im such a rasha ,i dont deserve Hashem to give me anything if i ask , so whats the use trying.
and the antidote to those words of the yetzer hara is as following:
what is Tifila?asking Hashem for Mercy -Rachmanus,(the Gemara says ,What is Tefila , Rachamey-asking for Mercy,Rachmanus) thats exactly what Tefila is , true i did this and that, and what am i worth , but i come before Hashems door and knock , Hashem opens the door and sees little old me, and i beg for Rachmanus  for this and for that with expressions of acknowledgement that You Hashem dont owe me anything, but You are the only one who can help me  ,Please give me Daas, Help in Teshuva , Selicha, Redeem me from my problems , Grant me livelihood ,Health,etc . etc. Really i wouldnt dare  have the audacity to ask You for these things after what i have done to You, but Hashem i need these things so much , and there is no one who can help me ,only you can help , please have Rachmanus on me.... if thats how one would Daven (halevai oyf mir gezugt) he should have no problem to Daven , because we all should be Davening  like this even the biggest Tzadikim with all their Torah and good deeds are also asking  just for  Mercy , so  i may also  ask for Mercy.
 a Kisiva vichasima Tova to all.
Last Edit: 16 Sep 2020 01:15 by sleepy.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 16 Sep 2020 01:32 #355133

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
sleepy wrote on 28 Aug 2019 21:51:
btw,i just wanted to mention that if anyone wants to take issue with my posts  look at my avatar and see that i just became an ExpertBoarder   :smug:   , so think twice 

actualy Platinum Boarder now, just updating. 2x's :smug:
Last Edit: 16 Sep 2020 01:32 by sleepy.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 16 Sep 2020 01:49 #355138

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
someone wrote on  15 september ' 19  :
"on behalf of all the gye chevra here , id like to give a shoutout to sleepy on his 700th post ! Ken yirbu!"
Last Edit: 16 Sep 2020 01:52 by sleepy.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 16 Sep 2020 02:10 #355139

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
stillgoing wrote on 05 Jun 2020 02:26:

sg wrote:

Enjoy

its possible to hang on and want an apology AND live  a happy  and serene life(btw)...
Last Edit: 16 Sep 2020 02:12 by sleepy.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 16 Sep 2020 04:17 #355153

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
sleepy wrote on 04 Jun 2020 11:22:
interesting how the Pasuk which says" Teach us to count our days" is in Perek 90 ! the 90 days challenge !
hmmm

well that's cute...sleepy can count till 90 
Your best teacher for success is your last mistake
Time to create page: 0.75 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes