Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hi everyone! 888 Views

Hi everyone! 03 Jun 2019 03:32 #341588

• reuvenshimonlevy
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi!

I’m a struggler just like many (apparently). I started struggling about 3-4 years ago. I would like to call myself a “small time struggler” if I may. I know even falling once isn’t small but I think people struggle more than me. Not that I’m trying to make myself sound like a Tzadik, oh no! Far from it! It’s just that I only fall periodically. Once a week or once every other week. I’ve gone longer then that but not much.

Back on point. I’m a struggler and would love to hear some tips from you all! I really can’t take this anymore! I was perfectly fine only 3-4 years ago (well okay, not perfectly fine, but at least in these Inyanim I was)! Every time I fall I go crazy! I cry to Hashem! I beg Mechila! But then a week later I’m back to square one again! I’m very hard on myself, I know. But I just can’t take it!

What has worked for me most was the motto “One day at a time” and I think really staying clear of the internet altogether. But that’s not super practical and it’s not the answer because if it’s somewhat available and my guard is slightly down, I’m a goner!

Please tell me what worked/works for you. I’ve read most of the GYE handbook but I just want some small tips. Just little kinds of stuff that keep you going. I just need to get over the 2 week mark of being clean. Then obviously over the 3 week mark and 4 week and so on. But I got to start somewhere and I’m running short on ideas. And if your here I assume you’ve won numerous times, so tell me what you’ve done.

Input please and thank you!

A fellow struggler

Re: Hi everyone! 03 Jun 2019 19:32 #341603

• 360gye
  • Current streak: 760 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hey,
Welcome to GYE, and everyone appreciates the fact that are able to be open and honest with us. Living with the statement of "one day at a time" really does help and it aids in helping people make small, realistic goals for themselves. I think this goes without saying, but filters are a BIG help. I've found the 90-day chart to be helpful as well as keeping in touch with people.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes