Welcome, Guest

Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 3486 Views

Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 23 Oct 2011 17:17 #122228

• DovInIsrael
yasher koach for reaching out!

thanks!

ever feel like that - you slip, you fall.. and wonder how you got into this mess in the first place?
back, by popular demand: The Mind, Body, and Spirit equation.

More than just another 12-step program (its more like a supplemental launch)

LEARN:

- what triggers you, and how to unplug those triggers. 
- why we slip after completing a 12-step program
- recovery and the harmful fumes of a toxic relationship
- where is all that buzzing in your head coming from

- cycles of recovery, and what to do when you are spinning out of control
- why we do dumb stuff - like formally saying Good-bye to "friends" at our favorite p*rn station/magazine, etc. 
- and why you have this sinking feeling that the p*rn is killing you.. and what to do about it BEFORE it does!

and a bunch of other psycho-techno-mind-baffling power-packed mumbo-jumbo to help clear your brain of the poison.. and fill you up with some more of the good stuff!

WHEN: Tues (12 est, 6 pm Israel - until the US changes their clocks)

TEL: 1-760-569-6000
Access Code: 121318#

Anything else:

Email me - so I can reserve spot for you, and get you the materials ( dovinisrael@gmail.com )

Anything else, else?

Remember to *SMILE* it annoys the Y"H, and gives you the upper hand !!

dov in israel (not to be confused with the original [daily dose of] Dov )
aka. dov.ii

ps. feel free to post to this thread.

Pss. btw - psycho-mumbo-jumbo aside. This is really not a joke, its serious. If you don't believe me, ask Mr C* - who was recently arrested, convicted and thrown in jail because his sexual misconducts got the best of him!

in this case:

Experience is NOT the best teacher!
OTHER PEOPLE'S experience is the BEST teacher !

Last Edit: by .

Re: Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 23 Oct 2011 23:27 #122260

• DovInIsrael
someone posted this on Linked in - thought it was worth sharing:

WHEN SOMETHING IS NOT WORKING...

rather than blame or criticize, try this Affirmation:

I'M  RELEASING THE PATTERN THAT IS WITHIN ME THAT CREATED THIS SITUATION!

(it creates an awareness of UR part in it)

Re: Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 24 Oct 2011 12:04 #122303

• DovInIsrael
PLEASE NOTE THE CORRECTION IN THE TIME:

Tues
2:30-3:30 Eastern time (8:30 - 9:30 israel time)

1-760-569-6000
access: 121318#

guardyoureyes.com/live/component/zoo/item/recovery-on-the-right-side-of-the-brain

sorry about the error

dov.ii

Re: Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 24 Oct 2011 13:15 #122310

• wishing for the real me
maybe

Re: Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 24 Oct 2011 16:17 #122345

• DovInIsrael
first 6 months are FREE!

only thing you have to lose is your chains of addiction

like they say : its Change or CHAINS!

Re: Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 24 Oct 2011 19:14 #122401

At the end of six months your going to charge?

Re: Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 25 Oct 2011 09:12 #122506

• DovInIsrael
oh yea - sure!

charge - and give up my z'chus as a sponsor.. and my position as a 12th stepper!
forget it !

Re: Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 25 Oct 2011 09:51 #122510

• DovInIsrael
i posted this on another thread - wanted to remember what I said:

on a different topic, there is also known as PAWS (post-acute withdrawl syndrome)

"many of the problems associated with early sobriety do not stem directly from [the substance or actions which caused the addiction]. Instead they are associated with the physical and psychological changes that occur after the [the substance or actions] have left our bodies. "

briefly - our brains get used to the substance or set of actions, and responds accordingly
when we remove these substances or set of actions, our brain, like a little child having a temper tantrum, DEMANDS more of what it has gotten used too...and in a sense CREATES more stressful situation which cause us to act etc.

(btw - this is why 90 days is a great starting process towards recovery)

recovery causes a LOT of stress on the body and mind. our ability to deal with it depends on our willingness to take care of ourselves and maintain a healthy physical, emotional and spiritual lifestyle.

Re: Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 25 Oct 2011 11:49 #122524

Where is your thread?

Re: Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 25 Oct 2011 16:02 #122576

• DovInIsrael
not any one specific place - I think I posted the above as a response to Dov on another thread somewhere in the GYE universe.

I just kind of post all over.

i guess its an addictive thing - hard to keep my thoughts focused in one place.
but as they say - its about Progress, not Perfection!

Re: Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 26 Oct 2011 02:51 #122728

Whats your story?

Re: Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 26 Oct 2011 07:12 #122749

• DovInIsrael
too bad you were not on the Tues call last night - I gave over the whole story.

join us, next week.

lots of good stuff to learn on teh road to recovery

dov.ii

Re: Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 26 Oct 2011 07:31 #122752

• DovInIsrael
summary:

in addition to my story, we spoke about AWARENESS:

Any kind of healing or recovery requires an awareness.

Where am I?
How did I get here?
Where do I want to go from here?

Recovery is about PROGRESS not about PERFECTION.

but the YH also knows this, too  - and thus it takes 10 steps before a person falls. YH works on us little by little.
draws us closer and closer to the edge - until he reaches out and PUSHES us over!

focus on the successes - not the failures

Re: Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 26 Oct 2011 08:35 #122759

I forgot about it.

Re: Help! I've fallen (again) .. Brother, help me get out! 27 Oct 2011 16:24 #123027

Are you looking to be a sponsor?
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes