Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello! 2724 Views

Hello! 25 May 2011 13:29 #106818

• BrotherMarkinter
Hi everyone!

I am new to guardyoureyes.org but a friend recommended me to this site and here I am already posting in the forum.

I just don't like feeling alone in this fight....I wish to honor G-d with, not only my mind, but my body as well.

I am also new to following the Torah as well....and this is a big step in my life. Any sort of help and encouragement would be appreciated greatly!

Mark
Last Edit: by .

Re: Hello! 25 May 2011 13:30 #106820

• BrotherMarkinter
oh I should add too that I downloaded both handbooks and am going through them as well. I am finding them both most instructive

Re: Hello! 25 May 2011 14:16 #106827

• heuni memass
Brother Mark Shalom!

Welcome to the club my friend. You have downloaded the handbooks and your reading them your sure on the road to recovery.

Sit back my friend and post away until you get all the info you need. There are some real experts on this site I am sure you will find the help you need as long as you stick around and ask.

The fight seems big and scary so on GYE we have a rule one day at a time. Don't try fighting it forever. try pushing it off till tomorrow- today make it a clean day!

Please update how your doing...

With Love,

---HM

Re: Hello! 25 May 2011 16:27 #106841

• TheJester
Welcome, and nice to meet you.

I wish you much Hatzlocho on your journey.

Congratulations on your new direction in life - as always, I have the utmost respect for those who can choose to follow Torah.

Re: Hello! 25 May 2011 18:03 #106848

• AlexEliezer
  • Platinum Boarder
BrotherMarkinter wrote on 25 May 2011 13:29:

I just don't like feeling alone in this fight....I wish to honor G-d with, not only my mind, but my body as well.

Welcome brother!
You are not alone.  As you will see, your most powerful ally in this battle is G-d Himself!

Glad to have you aboard as we continue this journey.
Keep us posted

Alex

Re: Hello! 25 May 2011 19:25 #106869

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the Forum, Mark.

What's your story?

--Eye.

Re: Hello! 25 May 2011 20:26 #106884

• musicman
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Expert Boarder
I love this place, and I'm sure you will too.

I married a baalas tshuvah, and I will never understand how a person can simply turn their life around and change their entire lifestyle in a matter of months/years. It takes me that long to change only one aspect of my life, yet baalei tshuva change every aspect of it.

If you can do that, you can beat this. That much I'm sure of.

Re: Hello! 25 May 2011 21:25 #106907

• TheJester
musicman wrote on 25 May 2011 20:26:

I love this place, and I'm sure you will too.

I married a baalas tshuvah, and I will never understand how a person can simply turn their life around and change their entire lifestyle in a matter of months/years. It takes me that long to change only one aspect of my life, yet baalei tshuva change every aspect of it.

If you can do that, you can beat this. That much I'm sure of.

You know something - I find that often, Ba'alei Teshuva are nice and decent people first, who take on Jewishness.  With FFBs, "you gets what you get".  The BT is often at a significant advantage, because they are all special, searching people.  They seem able to glide through fights that FFBs spend their whole life trying to win.  The same is true at least as much for converts.

Re: Hello! 25 May 2011 21:41 #106911

• musicman
  • Expert Boarder
Chazal weren't joking when they said that greatest tzaddik can't even come close to the Baal Teshuvah.

They are a different level of greatness altogether.

Re: Hello! 26 May 2011 04:26 #106949

• Serene smile
Um,.. Hey FFB's.. Remember: YOU DIDN'T LEAVE YIDDISHKEIT.. In this day and age that is a miracle maybe even bigger! For sure your inspiration (and desire to just sit and learn :-) ) needs a boost sometimes, but yiddishkeit (at least culturally) is 'who u are'.. Tzadik yesod olam.. (BrotherMarkinter.. Hello) there's good and whackos on both sides o'de fence. The same 'inner force' motivating the BT's is the same force keeping FFB's holding on when it seems there "just aint so much reason to"..
Last Edit: 26 May 2011 04:33 by .

Re: Hello! 26 May 2011 14:07 #106970

• musicman
  • Expert Boarder
We also learn that "Aseh docheh Lo Saaseh" Positive change trumps passive progress. The fact of the matter is, yes, growing up in a religious environment totally gives you a huge advantage when trying to stay on the derech.

and, now that this thread has been totally derailed, I'll stop :p

Re: Hello! 26 May 2011 14:29 #106975

• heuni memass
Mark - How are you doing?

Re: Hello! 27 May 2011 23:51 #107194

• BrotherMarkinter
I am doing okay. Yesterday was very tough on me and in the quickness of my day I did not remember to read my two handbooks.

Some background on me Eye. nonymous is that I am a world traveler and I have been have been to every continent except for three (South America, Africa, and Antarctica). I am new to the Torah having been introduced to it by a long time good Jewish friend of mine. I have given my life to following G-d and His Torah but it is difficult. As you can imagine lust has been the biggest battle that I have faced so far. It is very difficult for me too as I am extraordinarily gifted with technology. Gifted so much so that any sort of filter program is not going to be at all effective against me whatsoever.

But I still want this out of my life so I admitted that, hey, I have a problem and that I am not alone in this fight for purity.

Any sort of advice is more than welcomed You can post it here or in a PM.

Re: Hello! 28 May 2011 18:43 #107195

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
More details about your struggle in this area would be helpful.

Re: Hello! 30 May 2011 14:52 #107374

• AlexEliezer
  • Platinum Boarder
Traveling can be tough.  There's so many interesting people to look at.  I find airports especially difficult, probably just because of the sheer volume and concentration of immodestly dressed women.  Traveling also lends a feeling of freedom from societal constraints, as we are so anonymous.  So guarding the eyes, and staying connected to Hashem (grounded) are key.

Bon Voyage!
Alex
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes