Welcome, Guest

Coronavirus - Have Faith, Not Fear
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Coronavirus - Have Faith, Not Fear 1774 Views

Re: Coronavirus - Have Faith, Not Fear 01 Apr 2020 13:26 #348222

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder

בזמן שבאו פורעניות לעולם , צריכים להתעורר יותר ויותר לשוב אל בוראנו יתברך, וכמו שאמרו חז"ל, אין פורענות באה לעולם אלא בשביל ישראל ( יבמות סג.) - ליראם כדי שיחזרו בתשובה (רש"י - שם). וכתב בדרשות הר"ן (דרוש ו', ודומה לזה בחיבור התשובה למאירי ז"ל - מאמר א' פרק ב' מדרגה הו'): ולפעמים מתחדשים מקרים בריחוק מקום ובאיים הרחוקים, כדי שיתעוררו ישראל אל התשובה, וייראו ויפחדו פן יגיעם הפורענות, והוא מאמר הנביא (צפניה ג ו'-ז') "הכרתי גוים נשמו פנותם החרבתי חוצותם מבלי עובר, נצדו עריהם מבלי איש מאין יושב, אמרתי אך תיראי אותי תקחי מוסר".

וכשאינם מתיסרים ברעת האחרים, הפורענות הולך הלוך ונסוע, וילך הלוך וקרב. ואין ספק כי מי שרואה כל אלו התלאות אשר הם באמת התראות ה' יתברך, ועודנו מחזיק בדרכו אשר דרך בה, הוא כמי שעובר עבירה וקיבל עליו התראה, שהתיר עצמו למיתה מכאן ואילך. לכן אין ספק כי בזמנים האלו ראוי לחפש היטב על רפואת הנפש, ולהקדימה על רפואת הגוף. עכ"ד הר"ן ז"ל . ובמסכת ברכות (ה.) אמר רבא ואיתימא רב חסדא, אם רואה אדם שיסורין באין עליו, יפשפש במעשיו (פי' יפשפש מעשיו שעשה כבר, ויבדוק עבירות שבידו, ויתודה וישוב (רש"י - עירובין יג: ד"ה יפשפש)) , שנאמר (איכה ג' מ') "נחפשה דרכינו ונחקורה ונשובה עד ה'".

וכ"כ הג"ר עקיבא איגר ז"ל (אגרות הגרע"א - אות ע"ג) בזמן המגפה: יחד לבבכם לה' עד אשר לא יבואו ימי הרעה ומורא מפני פחד ה' והדר גאונו לפשפש במעשים לתקן המעוות. עכ"ד.

וכתב הגר"ח פאלאג'י ז"ל (רפואה וחיים פרק ה' אות נ"א) על זמן המגפה: מי האיש החפץ חיים, צריך לו שישוב אל ה' על הכלל ועל הפרט ולעזוב עוונות שבידו ולנקות עצמו מבית ומחוץ. ואמרו רז"ל שכח התשובה ומעשים טובים קורעין גזר דינו של שבעים שנה. עכ"ד.  כתב הגר"ח פאלאג'י ז"ל (שם אות פ') לא ערוד ממית, אלא החטא ממית (ברכות לג.). וכבר אירע פעם שהתחכמו לגרש המגפה ע"י אופנים שונים, ומן השמים שלחו חולי רע דהוא יותר במהרה. ועל זה אמר דוד (תהלים קל"ט ז') "אנה אלך מרוחך ואנה מפניך אברח וגו'".

ה' ברחמיו יזכנו לשמור דרכינו מכ ל חטא ועון, ונעשה רצונו יתברך כדי להכריע את העולם לכף זכות, ויתגברו הרחמים בעולם ולא ישלוט הקצף בשום מקום, ותשליך במצולות ים הדבר ומגפה והחולי רע וכל מיני חולאים רעים, ויערקו ויבריחו מעל בריותיו ברחמים לחיים. עכ"ל.  

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 01 Apr 2020 13:26 by davidt.

Re: Coronavirus - Have Faith, Not Fear 01 Apr 2020 19:44 #348239

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
People are giving up one of the highlights of their year, spending the holiday with their families, in order to guard their lives and fulfill the mitzvah of ונשמרתם מאד לנפשותיכם-guarding their health.

When their families are around and they are sitting like a king and a queen at a long lavish table, it is not so difficult to perform and conduct a Seder with happiness and enthusiasm. This year, they will have the opportunity to sit at their Seder table בלתי לה' לבדו – with no one else there, just them and Hashem. Are we going to relate the story and do the mitzvot the best way possible because it is the will of Hashem?

If we can do that then we’ll be lishma, we’ll be pure, we will have passed this great test and prove that our service to Hashem is real, not just one of impressing other people. We don’t need to worry so much about the presentation we are going to be making to our families. We can concentrate fully on the presentation we are going to make to Hashem.

We can shine at the Seder this year like never before. B’ezrat Hashem, that should be the zechut we need to bring Mashiach tzidkenu. Amen.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"

Re: Coronavirus - Have Faith, Not Fear 02 Apr 2020 14:46 #348254

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
When Hashem sends us challenges, there is only one question that must be asked: “What does He want from me right now?”

We are living through a unique time. We don’t know Hashem’s reasons, but we do know everything He does is for the good.  The מאירי says (in his הקדמה to מסכת ברכות) that if a person lives through a יום טוב, and it did not affect him, and he didn’t grow from the experience, then he is comparable to a donkey that transports grain all day long. He hauls the wheat during one season, and the barley during another season, yet he never benefits from all that food. If someone eats מצה on Pesach, for example, and does not strengthen his אמונה, he is merely “carrying” the מצות around, like the donkey.

This is the choice that we are facing. בעזרת ה', we hope the pandemic will end soon. What will be then? Will we be like the donkey, having gone through such an experience, but have gained nothing from it? Or will we have used this opportunity to uplift our עבודת ה' and to become close to Him?

It’s up to us. 

Re: Coronavirus - Have Faith, Not Fear 07 May 2020 17:16 #349372

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
With the current pandemic, we have an opportunity like we did in the olden times to feel so dependent on Hashem because now we see that He is truly the only One to turn to and the only One who can help. If we could strengthen our emunah now and accustom ourselves to always turn to Him in all situations of life, we’ll be able to pass our tests in emunah and be successful with our mission in this world. Hashem is involved in every moment of everyone’s lives. The more a person believes that Hashem is involved, the more Hashem will show him that He’s involved. If you have someone who’s always looking for the hashgacha of Hashem and he’s saying, “Look, Hashem did this. Hashem did that,” attributing everything to Hashem, for that person, Hashem will make it more obvious that He is involved with him. And the more a person relies on Hashem for salvation, the more salvations he’ll receive, as the pasuk says, “.ברוך הגבר אשר יבטח בה' והיה ה' מבטחו”

Re: Coronavirus - Have Faith, Not Fear 11 May 2020 16:15 #349555

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
In Sefer Yeshaya, perek bet, it speaks about what is going to take place in the Acharit Hayamim and when the Mashiach comes. It describes what is going to be the most beautiful time period in history. Towards the end of that perek, in pasuk 21, it speaks about a time when people will go into hiding and the first two words of that pasuk: "לבוא בנקרות", which if the letters are unscrambled, also spell the words "קורונא בתבל" which means Corona in the world. This was discovered by someone in Israel who studies Bible codes.

This pandemic has been planned from thousands of years ago. Nothing just happened. It is, just like everything else, part of Hashem’s master plan. And every person is always dealt with on an individualized basis. Nothing ever happens that is not supposed to happen.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes