Welcome, Guest

Machsom L’Ayin V'Lev Program
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Machsom L’Ayin V'Lev Program 493 Views

Machsom L’Ayin V'Lev Program 21 Jan 2020 20:28 #346877

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Machsom L’Ayin V'Lev Program
(this idea was adapted from - "Power of Speech Machsom L'fi")

What is a Machsom L’Ayin V'Lev and how does it work?
Machsom L’Ayin V'Lev is a program in which people commit themselves to focusing for a predefined set period of time each day on the proper use of their eyes and thoughts.

During that time, they commit to have extra focus and concentrate on staying away from tempting situations and avoiding to look at or think of anything that might be inappropriate. Typically, a Machsom L’Ayin V'Lev is 30 minutes to an hour daily.
This time period can also be used to learn (or read books) a sefer about Shmiras Habris or say Tehilim and Daven for siyata dishmaya.  

Small, winnable increments of time is the secret of success of Machsom L’Ayin V'Lev.
By taking on just a small period of time each day in which you are committed (bli neder) to be especially careful with your eyes and thoughts, you set a goal that you can achieve.
Day by day, you build the habits and confidence to win the war and acquire all the brochos the torah promises to one who is careful with their Divine gifts of eyes and mind.

Even if a person does succumb to the temptation later, he has still earned immeasurable reward for his period of restraint, and has strengthened the “spiritual muscle” he had used to maintain his cleanliness  at that time.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 21 Jan 2020 20:34 by davidt.

Re: Machsom L’Ayin V'Lev Program 21 Jan 2020 21:20 #346878

• holyjew26
  • Current streak: 18 days
  • Fresh Boarder
 This is a real breakthrough! I really think that this will make real changes in my life.Thanks again for working for all of us!!!

Re: Machsom L’Ayin V'Lev Program 22 Jan 2020 18:00 #346904

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Here is a negative comment I got about this program:

"At the end of the day your left with a similar problem, when you tell your self that from 1- 2 you wont think about x your almost guaranteed to think about it, even if your actually davening or learning (and especially if your learning that inyan) it will definitely come up on your mind, you can try to say make a seder learning it (lets say the vehaer eineinu sefer or the english version) but the goal to the person doing it should not be to block out these thoughts, you can say the seder can be a positive lift... but telling someone not to think of something, guaranteed he will think of it."
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 22 Jan 2020 18:01 by davidt.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes