Welcome, Guest

GuardYourEyes Community and Moshiach!
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: GuardYourEyes Community and Moshiach! 1438 Views

GuardYourEyes Community and Moshiach! 16 Aug 2009 13:37 #12532

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Many times on this forum we hear references that this site will be at the forefront when Moshiach comes and that the holy warriors are the vanguard force in ushering in the ultimate redemption.
This shabbos I found that this is an open zohar hakodesh (brought down in the Ohr Hachaim Hakadosh Devorim 15:7)

"If one congregation or gathering will awaken with tshuvah, immediately the son of David will come"
I ask you, dearest friends- is this not referring to the GYE forum?

Awaiting Moshiach's imminent arrival

Noorah
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by goodfriendsforever.

Re: GuardYourEyes Community and Moshiach! 17 Aug 2009 15:27 #12707

• bochur28
that'd be kind of hard at a minyan factory  ;D but in all seriousness, I have no idea what what zohar meant when I first saw it - doesn't it mean complete teshuvah? like being tested beoisah ishah beoisah makom, like the rambam says?
Last Edit: by via7891.

Re: GuardYourEyes Community and Moshiach! 18 Aug 2009 00:24 #12867

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dearest bochur

Good question! The simple understanding of the words of the zohar leads me to believe that it is merely the awakening of tshuvah that is enough. What you are referring to is a very high level of tshuvah - see Rav Tzadok Hakohen in the sefer Takanos Hashovin chapter 9 where he expands on the rambam and the geomorah @ length

Noorah
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by positiveme.

Re: GuardYourEyes Community and Moshiach! 10 Dec 2009 00:18 #33685

• Kollel Guy
Yeah, the type of teshuva generally referred to in those type of contexts, is the general 'I recognize that H-shem is king and I truly WANT and DESIRE to do His will to perfection' type of teshuvah, usually used when referring to a rabim doing teshuvah.
Like the Gemara in kiddushin, which says "If a lady accepts kiddushin al tnai that he is a tzaddik gamur, it's a good kiddushin, because he could have had a hirhur teshuvah that moment".
The 'oso ishah oso makom' type, is more of a deep personal extensive teshuvah, usually referred to in terms of purifying the neshama through and through, and going way beyond ones standard  obligational teshuvah. For an extensive explanation of this concept, check out igeres ha'teshuvah in tanya, or if that's too mystical of an approach, try Chovos Ha'levavos shaar ha'Teshuvah. There he goes through the personal type at length.
Last Edit: by tunafish119.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes