Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest

6 years later... Back on the road to 90 days!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 6 years later... Back on the road to 90 days! 643 Views

Re: 6 years later... Back on the road to 90 days! 10 Feb 2020 23:59 #347278

• DavidT
  • Current streak: 102 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
Fightingaddictionnow wrote on 10 Feb 2020 23:35:
הֹדוּ לַה׳ כִּי טוֹב, כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ
So excited! I've reached 40 days clean. Especially since I really wasn't actively trying to stay clean before this attempt, I'm really proud that with Hashems help I've made it almost halfway to 90!

Thank you all of you for being here for me, let's keep on supporting each other and doing our best. That's all Hashem asks of us!

Mazel Tov! 

Rabbi Elimelech of Lizensk wrote in Tzetyl Kattan, (or “A Small Note”)
 "overcome your bad habits by acting in the complete opposite for 40 consecutive days. If you are lazy, then act extremely vigilant, etc. In all of your actions act with diligence rather than laxity. When you wake up, or go to work, or when organizing yourself."

Seems that 40 days is what it takes to implement a new positive habit...

we areally looking forward to you reaching 90 ... and much more with Hashem's help. 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: 6 years later... Back on the road to 90 days! 11 Feb 2020 02:43 #347280

DavidT - Thank you! That means a lot. Thank you for enlightening me! A milestone then!
Last Edit: 11 Feb 2020 02:44 by Fightingaddictionnow.

Re: 6 years later... Back on the road to 90 days! 17 Feb 2020 15:12 #347384

• Snowflake
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Junior Boarder
Hello there Fight (can I call you fight? )

I totally relate to your story. I started here 7 yrs ago, and was doing okay for quite of a while but until recently dived head in the shmutz.
B"H a week clean now and hope to maintain that.
I like it you said you've been reading your own advice from the past.
I did that too (my advice from 7 years ago) and found it funny as how it perfectly still related to me. I could've written that plan I wrote 7 years ago, today, and it would still be very effective.
Could you share some of your advice?

Thanks for sharing your story!
אם יהיו חטאיכם כשנים, כשלג ילבינו

Re: 6 years later... Back on the road to 90 days! 20 Feb 2020 13:20 #347452

Hi snowflake! Thanks for the post. Glad to find a friend who relates to my story!
In terms of old advice, some has been helpful and some less so simply because of my current lifestyle compared to back then. But some of the helpful ones include:
• Doing your best never to touch yourself at all - even when relieving yourself etc. It helps.
• Staying busy - I know I find myself straying when I've got nothing else to do, so making sure I'm not in a situation where I'll be free to fall is a really helpful 'fence' for me.
• Talking to Hashem - He knows our struggle better than anyone, and the more you talk to him the easier I find it. This applies to my work, learning, relationships and so on too.

In other news, I've reached 50 days clean! So excited and thankful to Hashem. 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes