Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest

This is going to be the time I get to 90!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 38805 Views

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 22 Dec 2020 14:51 #359409

Amein!
Joined as a single bochur, Bh broke free (but still on watch) by using the tools on this website, therapy but mainly through getting married. 

הנותן עיניו במה שאינו שלו, מה שמבקש לא נותנים לו, ומה שבידו נוטלים ממנה

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 22 Dec 2020 19:33 #359426

• excellence
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Expert Boarder
This thread is truly unbelievable, It's just given me so much Chizuk. All i can say is REM you are Living a life on a higher wavelength than many of us. Your gevuras hanefesh has blown me over, you literally are blowing the Yetzer Hora head on. Keep at it. Keep on inspiring us.
With deep admiration for people like REM who know what it means to choose whats right in life. 
"The pain after giving in is so much greater than the pain of not giving in"
You may find some Chizuk here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/361746-Striving-for-Excellence

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 25 Dec 2020 06:09 #359713

• Realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 64 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you all for the very kind words! 

I was recently extremely humbled by watching a certain huge talmid chacham being interviewed. When asked how the talmid chacham was able to become who he was, he said he was blessed with a very easy life. He grew up in a home that Torah was paramount, so it was only natural for him to spend so much time and effort in his learning. That was his response. 

I have no doubt this talmid chacham has had many challenges and that the y''h didn't just let him have it easy. However, he clearly had the attitude that it is easy and that he is just doing ratzon Hashem. 

There is a mussar concept to make a nisayon less and increase emunah (slightly misquoted but you will get the concept). We see it when Yaakov went to Rachel and Leah about leaving their fathers house and explained all the hardships that he went through, and they responded agreeing that it was rough for them. There is a major question! Hashem just told Yaakov to leave Lavan! He should have said Hashem told us to leave and we are out of here, and Rachel and Leah should have said, "we will do it because Hashem said!" The lesson is that a person should make a nisayon less challenging if possible and not say it is hard but I will do it anyway. 

I think that is what the Talmid Chacham was saying that he had it easy. He had trained himself that it was only natural for him to become a Rav and learn Torah, so he was able to stay focused and not get distracted by other things. 

Maybe that can be applied to our challenges as well. The most important thing that has helped me get to where I am was/is attitude.  When I finally stopped being so harsh on myself I was able to start getting above the water. When I started to celebrate every victory I started to realize that I could overcome this! I think that is this same concept of lessening the challenge. 

When I came to GYE I thought it was an (almost) impossible thing to break free. Ironically, the more I was able to convince myself how possible it is to break free the more I broke free. 

Breaking free is really attainable!!! Everyone can break free and it just takes a little bit of effort every day!!! Every second you are clean is worth more than you can imagine!! 

Day 8 and onwards!

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 27 Dec 2020 03:29 #359785

• Hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 39 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Realestatemogul wrote on 25 Dec 2020 06:09:
Thank you all for the very kind words! 

I was recently extremely humbled by watching a certain huge talmid chacham being interviewed. When asked how the talmid chacham was able to become who he was, he said he was blessed with a very easy life. He grew up in a home that Torah was paramount, so it was only natural for him to spend so much time and effort in his learning. That was his response. 

I have no doubt this talmid chacham has had many challenges and that the y''h didn't just let him have it easy. However, he clearly had the attitude that it is easy and that he is just doing ratzon Hashem. 

There is a mussar concept to make a nisayon less and increase emunah (slightly misquoted but you will get the concept). We see it when Yaakov went to Rachel and Leah about leaving their fathers house and explained all the hardships that he went through, and they responded agreeing that it was rough for them. There is a major question! Hashem just told Yaakov to leave Lavan! He should have said Hashem told us to leave and we are out of here, and Rachel and Leah should have said, "we will do it because Hashem said!" The lesson is that a person should make a nisayon less challenging if possible and not say it is hard but I will do it anyway. 

I think that is what the Talmid Chacham was saying that he had it easy. He had trained himself that it was only natural for him to become a Rav and learn Torah, so he was able to stay focused and not get distracted by other things. 

Maybe that can be applied to our challenges as well. The most important thing that has helped me get to where I am was/is attitude.  When I finally stopped being so harsh on myself I was able to start getting above the water. When I started to celebrate every victory I started to realize that I could overcome this! I think that is this same concept of lessening the challenge. 

When I came to GYE I thought it was an (almost) impossible thing to break free. Ironically, the more I was able to convince myself how possible it is to break free the more I broke free. 

Breaking free is really attainable!!! Everyone can break free and it just takes a little bit of effort every day!!! Every second you are clean is worth more than you can imagine!! 

Day 8 and onwards!

5 Star post! 
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 27 Dec 2020 06:00 #359804

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Current streak: 103 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
When I started to celebrate every victory I started to realize that I could overcome this! I think that is this same concept of lessening the challenge. 

I could not have said this better. Mega Dittos!

If my battle/journey could be public, I would frame your post and hang it in my office..

ה׳ עמך גבור החיל! [שופטים ו׳ יב׳]

Perhaps you can find chizuk from my thread at guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/356161-Intro 

Feel free to reach out to me at
jackz90dys@gmail.com

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 01 Jan 2021 18:20 #360365

• Realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 15

V'kam, V'kam, V'kam

Day by day

Stay focused

Hashem loves you

I can do it

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 01 Jan 2021 18:57 #360368

• Grant400
  • Current streak: 144 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Realestatemogul wrote on 01 Jan 2021 18:20:
Day 15

V'kam, V'kam, V'kam

Day by day

Stay focused

Hashem loves you

I can do it

No cliches here. You are inspiring and a role model. Thank you! 
I can be reached at: Grant.400@yahoo.com

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 04 Jan 2021 04:11 #360482

• Realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 18 - Chai!

So I had a tough day, but BH I have a good partner and we came up with a game plan. Some exercise and finding a way to be productive helped me get through the day. 

During the process, I thought of a vordt. I always wondered why Yaakov fought with the saar shel esav the whole night, and then magically in the morning when the saar shel esav had to leave then Yaakov was victorious. Why did the fight take the whole night, and what magically happened in the morning that it ended. So we know Rashi explains that in the morning malachim have to go say shira and that is why the saar shel esav wanted to leave. However that doesn't explain why until then Yaakov couldn't beat him and only then he was able to. 

I thought that maybe pshat is the idea that gets thrown around GYE alot. Distracting and delaying is a great tactic against the yetzer hara! We know the saar shel esav also represents the yetzer hara, and maybe that is the lesson we are meant to learn. They fought until Alos Hashachar, because Yaakov understood that you need to just fight until the yetzer hara leaves. Stay strong and wait until the yetzer hara is gone, and right when it needs to leave and you no longer are tied to it's shackles, then you can tell the yetzer hara who is the real boss! Who really won the fight! 

Don't try and take the yetzer hara head on, because you will lose. Be like Yaakov and wait. Learn some Torah, be productive, and then when the yetzer hara is gone celebrate your victory! 

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 10 Jan 2021 05:53 #360965

• Realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 12 Jan 2021 04:27 #361114

• Realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
26 - #Gematria

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 12 Jan 2021 06:13 #361125

• excellence
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Expert Boarder
Just to say, Everytime I open this thread, I am inspired. @realestatemogul, the world need more people like you.
With admiration
excellence
"The pain after giving in is so much greater than the pain of not giving in"
You may find some Chizuk here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/361746-Striving-for-Excellence

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 12 Jan 2021 13:19 #361141

• Grant400
  • Current streak: 144 days
  • Platinum Boarder
excellence wrote on 12 Jan 2021 06:13:
Just to say, Everytime I open this thread, I am inspired. @realestatemogul, the world need more people like you.
With admiration
excellence

גם אני מצטרף להנ"ל.

I can be reached at: Grant.400@yahoo.com

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 19 Jan 2021 05:30 #361552

• Realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
I appreciate the kind words!

I am on 33 so only one more week to my initial goal of 40 days...

Although I am only at 33 days, I feel stronger than before I fell on my 272 streak and maybe even my 362 streak....Knowing that I will continue to get back and fight for my shmiras habris gives me comfort and helps me realize that I don't need the shmutz! 

It doesn't make it easy, but it makes it more manageable. 

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 25 Jan 2021 03:51 #361841

• Realestatemogul
  • Platinum Boarder
39 days. One more day until my 40 day goal. 

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 25 Jan 2021 10:37 #361882

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 1539 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Realestatemogul wrote on 25 Jan 2021 03:51:
39 days. One more day until my 40 day goal. 

And then of course you want to stay clean for Purim.......
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes