Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest

(BIG) LONG SHOT!?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: (BIG) LONG SHOT!? 38216 Views

Re: BIG SHOT!? 05 Aug 2015 03:30 #260922

  • serenity
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
  • Posts: 1790
  • Karma: 168
Thanks for the shout out and for bumping up your thread. I didn't see your comment. Thank you for the thoughtful response. I didn't understand the initial point you were making. I see that you are saying our generation should recognize our unique accomplishments. I'm all for that. So, thank you!

My better judgment tells me not to discuss the issue you raised about the recent Supreme Court decision. Unfortunately I often ignore my better judgment. Never mind, I'll listen to it part way. I sent you an email.

Hatzlacha!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: BIG SHOT!? 09 Aug 2015 19:14 #261260

  • stillgoing
  • Current streak: 168 days
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "LIFE IS ONLY HARD FOR THE FIRST 120 YEARS!"
  • Posts: 1684
  • Karma: 154
For a few minuets, I actually experienced white knuckling. In the past, I never had a chance to white knuckle before I actually gave in. Maybe I should be happy that I was white knuckling. HOW THE BEEP BEEP BEEP DO YOU NOT GET ANGRY AT YOURSELVES WHEN YOU ACT SO BEEPIN STUPED!

Excuse me please for the beeping. I needed to get that out of my system.

I feel like there is no hope for me, because I'm not prepared to go to any meetings.
I guess I should be happy and build on the fact that I did hesitate before.
small comfort
with comforts like that, who needs enemy's
why can't they make a sadder emoticon
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)
Last Edit: 09 Aug 2015 19:16 by stillgoing.

Re: BIG SHOT!? 09 Aug 2015 19:21 #261263

  • cordnoy
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • I'm sailin', for I've got to be free
  • Posts: 11359
  • Karma: 536
stillgoing wrote:
For a few minuets, I actually experienced white knuckling. In the past, I never had a chance to white knuckle before I actually gave in. Maybe I should be happy that I was white knuckling. HOW THE BEEP BEEP BEEP DO YOU NOT GET ANGRY AT YOURSELVES WHEN YOU ACT SO BEEPIN STUPED!

Excuse me please for the beeping. I needed to get that out of my system.

I feel like there is no hope for me, because I'm not prepared to go to any meetings.
I guess I should be happy and build on the fact that I did hesitate before.
small comfort
with comforts like that, who needs enemy's
why can't they make a sadder emoticon


These things take time.
One step at a time.
Do the phone thingy first.
Email someone.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads:
GYE Handbook | Gibbor's Insights | GYE FAQ - Thanks Skep and DMS123456789 White Book | Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous)

If one gives up at the first sign of a struggle, he is really not ready to be successful."
"Tryin' and doin' are two different thin's - tryin' is hopin'; doin' is succeedin'.
"The right thin' to do and the hard thin' to do are usually the same."


Disclaimer: I am not a cheerleader; B"H, there are many on the site. I am here to change myself, and with God's help, by some mistake, I might even help change others.

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: BIG SHOT!? 09 Aug 2015 19:29 #261264

  • shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 433
  • Karma: 28
Ashrecha StillGoing,
I also had a very tough one this afternoon. We probably carried each other.
I PM'd Cordnoy after the first wave had passed and I think that put it to rest properly.
I can tell you that my TAPHSIC didn't avail me much, not the fear of my rabbi seeing my browsing report. I don't know what initially carried me. I have to be grateful to the Almighty. Also maybe it was the zchus of this klal and maybe also the peiros of some efforts I'd put in in the past. All I can do is be grateful to the Almighty that it came and went.

Re: BIG SHOT!? 09 Aug 2015 19:38 #261266

  • stillgoing
  • Current streak: 168 days
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "LIFE IS ONLY HARD FOR THE FIRST 120 YEARS!"
  • Posts: 1684
  • Karma: 154
Ashrecha shlomo613
I guess I wasn't clear.
I don't know what carried you over, But nothing carried me.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

Re: BIG SHOT!? 09 Aug 2015 19:40 #261267

  • cordnoy
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • I'm sailin', for I've got to be free
  • Posts: 11359
  • Karma: 536
stillgoing wrote:
Ashrecha shlomo613
I guess I wasn't clear.
I don't know what carried you over, But nothing carried me.


Ahem.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads:
GYE Handbook | Gibbor's Insights | GYE FAQ - Thanks Skep and DMS123456789 White Book | Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous)

If one gives up at the first sign of a struggle, he is really not ready to be successful."
"Tryin' and doin' are two different thin's - tryin' is hopin'; doin' is succeedin'.
"The right thin' to do and the hard thin' to do are usually the same."


Disclaimer: I am not a cheerleader; B"H, there are many on the site. I am here to change myself, and with God's help, by some mistake, I might even help change others.

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: BIG SHOT!? 09 Aug 2015 19:49 #261269

  • shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 433
  • Karma: 28
cordnoy wrote:
stillgoing wrote:
Ashrecha shlomo613
I guess I wasn't clear.
I don't know what carried you over, But nothing carried me.


Ahem.


Huh?
Cordnoy, I'm lost. Can you explain the ahem?

Re: BIG SHOT!? 09 Aug 2015 20:37 #261275

  • stillgoing
  • Current streak: 168 days
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "LIFE IS ONLY HARD FOR THE FIRST 120 YEARS!"
  • Posts: 1684
  • Karma: 154
cordnoy
These things take time.
One step at a time.
Do the phone thingy first.
Email someone.

How come the phone thingy's all seem to be about the big book and not the white book. I hate alcohol (the one thing I have going for me).
And do we need to talk on the calls? (Besides for the heiliga CorduroyCordnoy's call)



temp.giveup.png



temp.plan.png

Is this true?


temp.beginning.jpg

I feel like the beginning goes all the way until the end.


temp.carryon.jpg

Or when I grow my own lemons.


temp.gotwhatittakes.jpg

I think this is my favorite.
After this of course
temp.cookie.jpg
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

Re: BIG SHOT!? 09 Aug 2015 21:37 #261277

  • shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 433
  • Karma: 28

Re: BIG SHOT!? 09 Aug 2015 21:45 #261279

  • cordnoy
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • I'm sailin', for I've got to be free
  • Posts: 11359
  • Karma: 536
shlomo613 wrote:
cordnoy wrote:
stillgoing wrote:
Ashrecha shlomo613
I guess I wasn't clear.
I don't know what carried you over, But nothing carried me.


Ahem.


Huh?
Cordnoy, I'm lost. Can you explain the ahem?


You wrote that you reached out as well; he didn't.
Becomin' real with another is key.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads:
GYE Handbook | Gibbor's Insights | GYE FAQ - Thanks Skep and DMS123456789 White Book | Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous)

If one gives up at the first sign of a struggle, he is really not ready to be successful."
"Tryin' and doin' are two different thin's - tryin' is hopin'; doin' is succeedin'.
"The right thin' to do and the hard thin' to do are usually the same."


Disclaimer: I am not a cheerleader; B"H, there are many on the site. I am here to change myself, and with God's help, by some mistake, I might even help change others.

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: BIG SHOT!? 09 Aug 2015 21:46 #261280

  • cordnoy
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • I'm sailin', for I've got to be free
  • Posts: 11359
  • Karma: 536
stillgoing wrote:
cordnoy
These things take time.
One step at a time.
Do the phone thingy first.
Email someone.

How come the phone thingy's all seem to be about the big book and not the white book. I hate alcohol (the one thing I have going for me).
And do we need to talk on the calls? (Besides for the heiliga CorduroyCordnoy's call)



temp.giveup.png



temp.plan.png

Is this true?


temp.beginning.jpg

I feel like the beginning goes all the way until the end.


temp.carryon.jpg

Or when I grow my own lemons.


temp.gotwhatittakes.jpg

I think this is my favorite.
After this of course
temp.cookie.jpg


need to see them one at a time to comment productively.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads:
GYE Handbook | Gibbor's Insights | GYE FAQ - Thanks Skep and DMS123456789 White Book | Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous)

If one gives up at the first sign of a struggle, he is really not ready to be successful."
"Tryin' and doin' are two different thin's - tryin' is hopin'; doin' is succeedin'.
"The right thin' to do and the hard thin' to do are usually the same."


Disclaimer: I am not a cheerleader; B"H, there are many on the site. I am here to change myself, and with God's help, by some mistake, I might even help change others.

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: BIG SHOT!? 09 Aug 2015 22:07 #261282

  • shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 433
  • Karma: 28
Oh. Thanks for explaining Cordnoy.

Re: BIG SHOT!? 10 Aug 2015 00:17 #261292

  • Yudi
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • אם אמרתי מטה רגלי חסדך ה' יסעדני
  • Posts: 68
  • Karma: 9
I really feel for you guys - looks like the last month or so has been tough for a lot of us (including me). I'm still picking up the pieces, if you know what I mean it hasn't been easy. And I completely agree, we need a crying emoticon on the message palette and there just simply isn't one! Where is the crying emoticon just when you need it???

Re: BIG SHOT!? 10 Aug 2015 00:44 #261295

  • cordnoy
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • I'm sailin', for I've got to be free
  • Posts: 11359
  • Karma: 536
Yudi wrote:
I really feel for you guys - looks like the last month or so has been tough for a lot of us (including me). I'm still picking up the pieces, if you know what I mean it hasn't been easy. And I completely agree, we need a crying emoticon on the message palette and there just simply isn't one! Where is the crying emoticon just when you need it???


Crying to who?
What will it help?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads:
GYE Handbook | Gibbor's Insights | GYE FAQ - Thanks Skep and DMS123456789 White Book | Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous)

If one gives up at the first sign of a struggle, he is really not ready to be successful."
"Tryin' and doin' are two different thin's - tryin' is hopin'; doin' is succeedin'.
"The right thin' to do and the hard thin' to do are usually the same."


Disclaimer: I am not a cheerleader; B"H, there are many on the site. I am here to change myself, and with God's help, by some mistake, I might even help change others.

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: BIG SHOT!? 10 Aug 2015 23:01 #261365

  • Yudi
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • אם אמרתי מטה רגלי חסדך ה' יסעדני
  • Posts: 68
  • Karma: 9
You're right, crying to no one out of depression won't help, especially if you're an addict.
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes