Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest

The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :)
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 297552 Views

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 24 Dec 2020 04:28 #359586

• Markz
  • Current streak: 197 days
  • Platinum Boarder
tzitzis dude wrote on 24 Dec 2020 03:37:
Coming up this Friday night: Jewish women  will find out what time davening  Leil Shabbos REALLY ends...

And will find out how much patience their husbands have. Dinner had better be ready on time 
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 08 Jan 2021 00:48 #360809

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "LIFE IS ONLY HARD FOR THE FIRST 120 YEARS!"

2020 wasn't a completely waste.

At least we lowered heart disease deaths, pneumonia deaths, and completely eradicated the flu. - 2020 has been a year of medical miracles.

BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 03 Feb 2021 05:12 #362601

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
A young woman visits her parents and brings her fiancé to meet them. After an elaborate dinner, the mother tells her husband to find out about the young man.The father invites the fiancée to his library for a drink. So what are your plans? The father asks the young man. I am a Torah scholar. He says. A Torah scholar, Hmmm, the father says. Admirable, but what will you do to provide a nice house for my daughterto live in, as she is accustomed to? I will study, the young man said, and God will provide for us.And how will you buy her a beautiful engagement ring, such as she deserves? asks the father. I will concentrate on my studies, the young man replies, God will provide for us.And children? asks the father. How will you support children? Dont worry, sir, God will provide, replies the fiancé.The conversation continues like this, and each time the father questions, the young idealist insist that God will provide.Later, the mother asks, How did it go, Honey?The father answers, He has no job and no plans, but the good news is he thinks I'm God.
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 03 Feb 2021 06:08 #362608

• Lou
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I have been reading through some of the pages of this thread. I am literally on the floor laughing!!
Does that mean I am depressed??

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 04 Feb 2021 05:12 #362702

• sleepy
  • Current streak: 1298 days
  • Platinum Boarder
merriam webster ,author of websters dictionary,was once having "hanky panky"with someone and all of a sudden his wife walked in on him, the wife said,"merriam, im surprised!!" merriam turned to her and said,"no, IM surprised, YOU are  shocked!"
heard from Reb Fishel Shachter Shlita on a recent Torahanytime shiur  
For an explanation on my choice of username and avatar see my first post 
Last Edit: 04 Feb 2021 05:16 by sleepy.

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 04 Feb 2021 05:17 #362704

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
Lou wrote on 03 Feb 2021 06:08:
I have been reading through some of the pages of this thread. I am literally on the floor laughing!!

keep on reading!
when i first found this thread and was also laughing my head off ,if a thought of lust entered my head i pushed it out without any effort since i was in such a "high" from the jokes, i realized then that i probably fall due to escaping feelings of sadness ,thats when i realized that if i can labor to gain a happy mind with accomplishing good things (like the good old days) it might be a cure to my lusting, and you know what, on days that my mood is good and  happy and i feel accomplished ,i have a hope to saying no to the lust. 
Rabbi Neuberger Shlita in his great  artscroll  english sefer ,Positive vision ,writes something to that effect that when we are sad we tend to look for forbidden pleasures as an escape.and that explained something written in Chasidishe seforim which i never understood , that when one is biatzvus, that strengthens the forces of impurity on onesself  ,and i thought it was always a "kabala"ist   idea which one cant understand , but thats how it is  but after reading Positive Vision , i realized that its just a natural human instinct for a person to run to impurity thinking that this will save himself from the depressing thoughts,and sometimes it does dispel the thoughts of sadness, but Oy !the hangover afterwards...
Last Edit: 04 Feb 2021 05:37 by sleepy.

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 04 Feb 2021 07:08 #362709

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 15 Oct 2020 15:39:
Just ignore the whole karma thing. Somehow it got turned off by me, and i never requested that they turn it back on.

"Somehow it got turned off by me ..."
the gye system automaticaly turns off  the karmas from certain members when it starts hitting a 6 digit karma number .

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 04 Feb 2021 07:14 #362711

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
Lou wrote on 03 Feb 2021 06:08:

no,laying on the floor laughing is not a sign of depression, it may be a sign of intoxication though...just kidding lou 

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 04 Feb 2021 07:16 #362712

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
they say hitler YM"SH when he heard that in america they were demostrating against him ,was on the floor ripping out carpet with his teeth...now that might be a sign of depression ...
Last Edit: 04 Feb 2021 07:20 by sleepy.

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 19 Feb 2021 04:54 #363747

• Markz
  • Current streak: 197 days
  • Platinum Boarder
LATEST NEWS. This ain’t fake...

State Employee Charged After Complaining About Herself

Thursday, February 18, 2021
WEST LEYDEN, N.Y. (AP) -
An employee for a New York state agency is accused of filing an anonymous abuse complaint against herself in order to collect paid leave.

Heather Race, of West Leyden in central New York, was charged with third-degree grand larceny and two other charges related to falsification, the state police said on Wednesday.

She allegedly received eight weeks of pay, or around $6,900, on administrative leave while the abuse complaints she filed against herself were investigated.

A message seeking comment was left at a phone number listed for Race.

Race, 40, worked for the state’s Office for People with Developmental Disabilities. She was arraigned in a Lewis County court and released, the police said.
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 19 Feb 2021 13:32 #363764

• tzitzis dude
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Expert Boarder
You heard about the dyslexic Rabbi?
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 07 May 2021 03:58 #368112

• tzitzis dude
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Expert Boarder
You know, finding a good metaphor is as hard as... as hard as... (gosh, where was I going with this, again???)
{-insert awkward cricket chirping}

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 07 May 2021 04:48 #368116

• bm263
  • Junior Boarder
tzitzis dude wrote on 07 May 2021 03:58:
You know, finding a good metaphor is as hard as... as hard as... (gosh, where was I going with this, again???)
{-insert awkward cricket chirping}

Pretty sure that's a simile... 
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes