Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Intro 2455 Views

Re: Intro 19 Jan 2021 06:43 #361554

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Current streak: 96 days
  • Gold Boarder
January 19, 2021

It's 1:45 AM and I am still at work (don't worry, my wife reeeeaaaaallllyyy  understands and that tzadeikis is fully supportive : )

Yet stressed and tempted....and I feel that I earned the right to _______.

Wait! Oops, I forgot that my brain is now rewired. So I forced myself to go to GYE to receive the chizuk that you guys always provide (part of the rewired brain routine)...

Tonight I am deciding to hold back because of Lionking's fall.

Huh?

Yup, Lion, I believe that your integrity is still fully intact.

And brother, if you feel like a mouse, know that your courage is what inspired me tonight.

So perhaps I can now pass the baton to another guy out in cyberspace who is conquering his personal hell while reading this post.

Friends, keep spreading the sacrifice L'maan Hashem from man to man; it is most certainly contagious!

IMG

ה׳ עמך גבור החיל! [שופטים ו׳ יב׳]

Perhaps you can find chizuk from my thread at guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/356161-Intro 

Feel free to reach out to me at
jackz90dys@gmail.com

Re: Intro 19 Jan 2021 06:55 #361555

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Gold Boarder
Whoah! I just realized that I hit 60 days tonight. That's like, a legitimately monumental deal for me -  not stam (my apologies for the teenager in me coming out).

Probably should have posted this on the "Let's celebrate" thread, but...super clutch that I keep a spare bottle of Gentleman Jack at work.

The chashuve oilam is invited to partake!

IMG

Perhaps you can find chizuk from my thread at guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/356161-Intro 

jackz90dys@gmail.com

Re: Intro 19 Jan 2021 12:29 #361557

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 1531 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel tov on 60 and for overcoming the challenge. I like the way you termed it "his own personal hell". I can't think of a better way to describe it. Iyh you will look back soon and say "Wow, I can't believe I got out of hell".
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Intro 19 Jan 2021 13:39 #361559

• Grant400
  • Current streak: 136 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ish MiGrodno wrote on 19 Jan 2021 06:43:
January 19, 2021

It's 1:45 AM and I am still at work (don't worry, my wife reeeeaaaaallllyyy  understands and that tzadeikis is fully supportive : )

Yet stressed and tempted....and I feel that I earned the right to _______.

Wait! Oops, I forgot that my brain is now rewired. So I forced myself to go to GYE to receive the chizuk that you guys always provide (part of the rewired brain routine)...

Tonight I am deciding to hold back because of Lionking's fall.

Huh?

Yup, Lion, I believe that your integrity is still fully intact.

And brother, if you feel like a mouse, know that your courage is what inspired me tonight.

So perhaps I can now pass the baton to another guy out in cyberspace who is conquering his personal hell while reading this post.

Friends, keep spreading the sacrifice L'maan Hashem from man to man; it is most certainly contagious!

IMG

You are awesome! 
I can be reached at: Grant.400@yahoo.com

Re: Intro 20 Jan 2021 06:18 #361617

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 78 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ish MiGrodno wrote on 19 Jan 2021 06:55:
Whoah! I just realized that I hit 60 days tonight. That's like, a legitimately monumental deal for me -  not stam (my apologies for the teenager in me coming out).

Probably should have posted this on the "Let's celebrate" thread, but...super clutch that I keep a spare bottle of Gentleman Jack at work.

The chashuve oilam is invited to partake!

IMG

L'chaim, partake I did! Lets do this again! Iy"H many more simchas!
Check out My thread

Daily Dose of Clarity

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Intro 20 Jan 2021 08:38 #361624

• Rebuild613
  • Expert Boarder
Mazel Tov to our mighty warrior. 

Re: Intro 22 Jan 2021 04:16 #361714

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Gold Boarder
January 21, 2021

Dear Chashuveh Oilam,

Allow me to share with you a he'ara from the heart. Something that comes from being on my 63rd day. This thought would have been incomplete on day 43, and is perhaps undeveloped for what I will BEZH be on day 83.

​I am humbly suggesting a new phrase for the chevra: "minuzwell mindset." 

I believe that the above phrase lies at the core and is a big player in many of our darkest struggles (for some reason I am very emotional now....listening to Avraham Fried's יחיד ורבים which always makes me cry)

Let me explain:
Prior to the unbelievable bliss (and agonizing agony) of rewiring oneself, the yetzer nails us virtually every time by saying "Don't kill yourself to delay that which you are going to anyhow do." You guys know exactly what I am referring to.

THIS IS PRECISELY THE NEKUDA OF "REWIRATION!" (another invented word : )

איני אותו איש of the heilige Rambam is nisht kain תנאי but a היכי תמצא. Dos Haist that תשובה is hindered by "minuzwell mindset" until you convince yourself that you are rewired. And than you can look into the dark eyes of the מנוול and tell him to go to hell (as he deserves).

Excuse my language, I am mighty worked up tonight and adamant that my 63 days - with the love and Help of the Aibishter - is my new reality.

I love you guys more than you can ever know.

IMG

jackz90dys@gmail.com

Last Edit: 22 Jan 2021 04:17 by Ish MiGrodno.

Re: Intro 22 Jan 2021 17:37 #361735

• YeshivaGuy
  • Current streak: 170 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the exact hagdara of the term “minuzwell mindset”?

Re: Intro 22 Jan 2021 17:40 #361737

• lionking
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 22 Jan 2021 17:37:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the exact hagdara of the term “minuzwell mindset”?

I understood it to mean "might as well". 
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: Intro 22 Jan 2021 17:42 #361738

• YeshivaGuy
  • Current streak: 170 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
lionking wrote on 22 Jan 2021 17:40:

YeshivaGuy wrote on 22 Jan 2021 17:37:

I understood it to mean "might as well". 

Ah gotcha, so like an “apathetic mindset”

Re: Intro 10 Feb 2021 07:00 #363073

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Gold Boarder
February 10, 2021

Good Evening / Morning to the chashuveh oilam.

Sorry to bore you with my mental health needs. (I am generally a pretty stable dude : )

I am very hurt and upset about something that someone said about me earlier today (Yes, it was a relative....but no, it was not my DW).

Three months ago that would have meant automatic masturbation. But I am too good for that now.

I need to share the above boring piece of trivia cuz this forum is precisely what has - and will - continue to keep me accountable.

That's all for now.

With anger from Grodno ~ IMG

jackz90dys@gmail.com

Last Edit: 10 Feb 2021 07:02 by Ish MiGrodno.

Re: Intro 11 Feb 2021 03:11 #363122

• neshamaincharge
  • Current streak: 2371 days
  • Gold Boarder
Ish MiGrodno wrote on 10 Feb 2021 07:00:
February 10, 2021

Good Evening / Morning to the chashuveh oilam.

Sorry to bore you with my mental health needs. (I am generally a pretty stable dude : )

I am very hurt and upset about something that someone said about me earlier today (Yes, it was a relative....but no, it was not my DW).

Three months ago that would have meant automatic masturbation. But I am too good for that now.

I need to share the above boring piece of trivia cuz this forum is precisely what has - and will - continue to keep me accountable.

That's all for now.

With anger from Grodno ~ IMG

Maybe in special places like Grodno this is boring piece of trivia. Where I live this is called GREATNESS. 
AWESOME STUFF MR. ISH!

Re: Intro 11 Feb 2021 16:01 #363157

• DavidT
  • Current streak: 47 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ish MiGrodno wrote on 10 Feb 2021 07:00:
February 10, 2021

In todays GYE email newsletter there was a quote from Rabbi A J Twersky Z"L  "One of the leading causes of addiction is an inner void, low self-esteem and/or depression" 
I related so much to this and I think this can help us understand why it's so important to gain proper direction in dealing with insults and other pain...

​I'm really strongly inspired on how Ish MiGrodno is dealing with these issues.... 
Keep it up!!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 11 Feb 2021 16:02 by DavidT.

Re: Intro 11 Feb 2021 16:13 #363161

• starting
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ish MiGrodno wrote on 22 Jan 2021 04:16:
January 21, 2021

Dear Chashuveh Oilam,

Allow me to share with you a he'ara from the heart. Something that comes from being on my 63rd day. This thought would have been incomplete on day 43, and is perhaps undeveloped for what I will BEZH be on day 83.

​I am humbly suggesting a new phrase for the chevra: "minuzwell mindset." 

I believe that the above phrase lies at the core and is a big player in many of our darkest struggles (for some reason I am very emotional now....listening to Avraham Fried's יחיד ורבים which always makes me cry)

Let me explain:
Prior to the unbelievable bliss (and agonizing agony) of rewiring oneself, the yetzer nails us virtually every time by saying "Don't kill yourself to delay that which you are going to anyhow do." You guys know exactly what I am referring to.

THIS IS PRECISELY THE NEKUDA OF "REWIRATION!" (another invented word : )

איני אותו איש of the heilige Rambam is nisht kain תנאי but a היכי תמצא. Dos Haist that תשובה is hindered by "minuzwell mindset" until you convince yourself that you are rewired. And than you can look into the dark eyes of the מנוול and tell him to go to hell (as he deserves).

Excuse my language, I am mighty worked up tonight and adamant that my 63 days - with the love and Help of the Aibishter - is my new reality.

I love you guys more than you can ever know.

IMG

May we all attain your clarity

'I don't need this' is key to rewiration which is perhaps the greatest gamechanger in winning each battle, every day and eventually to sobriety, happiness, focus and serenity 
The start of 'STARting' is 'star'. Just start and you're a star!!
... and btw I really really love you! you keep me inspired!

'the cleaner I stay, the cleaner I stay' - AlexEliezer
העבר עיני מראות שוא, בדרכך חינו (תהלים קיט, לז)
PM me for my phone number

Re: Intro 14 Feb 2021 02:16 #363276

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Gold Boarder
February 13, 2021

2 he'aros I had on Shabbos Kodesh:

(1) Walking down the street (talking to myself as always) and contemplating my new identity / alter ego of IMG.

After nearly 90 days, it's a name that I identify with, yet no-one who knows me (barring 2 GYE members) identifies me that way.

I giggled to myself and remembered something that I heard as a child:

​If one was to have a revelation of maaseh merkava, would their satisfaction be diminished a bit cuz they cannot share it? (rhetorical question)....when one feels so good about themselves, no-one needs to know.

(2)
During hallel today, we all quoted Dovid Hamelech's beautiful praise of Hashem - "Who raises us from the dust and puts us together with the noblemen of His precious nation..."

That's me: I was in the dumps for decades and decades, and now find myself among Klal Yisrael's finest heroes.

​With laughter and royalty from Grodno ~ IMG

jackz90dys@gmail.com

Time to create page: 0.67 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes