Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Intro 386 Views

Re: Intro 26 Oct 2020 19:04 #356718

• Dave M
  • Current streak: 687 days
  • Platinum Boarder
90dys wrote on 26 Oct 2020 06:43:
October 26, 2020

​Tough night. Didn't fall, but "wondering" whether I will make it to 90. And then I realize that it is MY decision...so why wonder when I can MAKE IT happen?!? Sounds obvious, but when my brain is flooded with residue of old habits, my thought process is anything but coherent.

Thank you for cheering me on. Keep the chizuk coming - I cannot do it without you tzadikim. I will BEZH celebrate with you in 77 days at the 90 day seudah!

Don't think too far in advance.  just focus on today.  One Day At A Time. 

Re: Intro 01 Nov 2020 01:25 #356935

• 90dys
  • Current streak: 7 days
  • Fresh Boarder
October 31, 2020

Thought of the week: Surfing the web for election data is the yetzer's "go to" excuse to get me to see images...I don't need to know all of the dirt on these two guys, nor are they any sort of role models that I can learn anything valuable from. Surely more effective would be to do my job - which ostensibly entails learning and conquering my natural inclinations. Certainly the fringe benefit of blissful ignorance regarding politics - is a lack of exposure to the garbage that surrounds the venues that feed us the indulgence of gossip and rot that comes along with being an "informed citizen."
That feels better, glad I got it out
Have a clean week...and no need to find out the results!

Re: Intro 20 Nov 2020 07:37 #357605

• 90dys
  • Fresh Boarder
November 20, 2020

Fell. Deep. Help!
​What is the eitzah for 3:00 AM? Who can I call?

Re: Intro 24 Nov 2020 07:30 #357748

• 90dys
  • Fresh Boarder
November 24, 2020

After decades of falling, why should I believe a guy who tells me "one day I will clean?" He claims that being on this forum alone is evidence that I am at the end of the vicious cycle, yet I question whether I am simply here to settle my guilt...

OK, I will trust him. And as he instructed me, I will look at the mirror and say that I am a good person (he says that that is payment for his free services)
And I will trust that I can begin making the right decision - even after so many poor ones. And perhaps this is primarily a question of trusting in Hashem - as why would he want me to struggle if I am so sincere in my quest to come back home.

Alright....this is the time! No more! out of the way yetzer hara!
(Thank you guys for putting up with my incoherent rambling

Re: Intro 24 Nov 2020 12:28 #357753

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 1442 days
  • Platinum Boarder
So I guess now you are figuring out what to do at 3 am if you cant reach anyone. Get on the forum and ramble! get out all the feelings, the frustration, the taiva (in a non triggering way). Type with a fury! And yes, keep telling yourself you are a good man. Hatzlocha buddy!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Intro 24 Nov 2020 14:03 #357755

• Grant400
  • Current streak: 46 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
90dys wrote on 24 Nov 2020 07:30:
November 24, 2020

After decades of falling, why should I believe a guy who tells me "one day I will clean?" He claims that being on this forum alone is evidence that I am at the end of the vicious cycle, yet I question whether I am simply here to settle my guilt...

There's only one way to honestly figure that out. Watch how you do here. If you start fighting and succeeding, then you can rest assured that you are here for more than guilt. Guilt can only take us so far, we must do the rest.

OK, I will trust him. And as he instructed me, I will look at the mirror and say that I am a good person 

Mirror, mirror on the wall.....

(he says that that is payment for his free services)

And I will trust that I can begin making the right decision - even after so many poor ones.

Why not? Of course you can!

And perhaps this is primarily a question of trusting in Hashem - as why would he want me to struggle if I am so sincere in my quest to come back home.

Above my pay grade, but sounds nice.

Alright....this is the time! No more! out of the way yetzer hara!

Don't wait for him to get out of the way, run him right over!

(Thank you guys for putting up with my incoherent rambling

Did we have a choice?!? Just kidding!! Thanks for sharing! Hatzlacha! 

Grant

P.S. You. Are. A. Good. Great. Man.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes