Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest

Make it to Yeshiva
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Make it to Yeshiva 25304 Views

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 08 Apr 2021 06:30 #366517

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 08 Apr 2021 04:33:
I’m leaving to Yeshiva in the morning.
Im reluctant and scared to leave my iPhone at home but I’m doing it. Not sure how to do banking etc or check on my account balance without internet, if anyone can help me that would be great.
Also, how to transfer funds with no internet.

I won’t be checking GYE for some time, though periodically will check in.

Hatzlocha to you all and thanks for sticking with me on this journey.

YeshivaGuy

Hatzlacha!

Most (all?) banks have telephone banking. You can look into it, it may need to be set up first with a pin etc.
Check out My thread

Daily Dose of Clarity

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 08 Apr 2021 12:00 #366533

• HappyYid
  • Current streak: 99 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
Great big step you're taking by leaving your iPhone, hopefully in Yeshiva it will be easier for you to fight the challenge.

Hatzlacha, on the new zman too!
Feel free to contact me happyyid613@gmail.com
My thread

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 16 Apr 2021 00:18 #366915

• YeshivaGuy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey guys, hope y'all are doing well.
Baruch Hashem Yeshiva is going pretty good. Not having an Iphone is an absolute gamechanger.
I have had some hirhurim here and there, but without a smartphone i can just push away the thought and it's gone.
I absolutely encourage everyone to take that step if you can.

I'll share with you guys some moments and victories from this week.
I was in a target, and the lady at the cashier was especially nice and spoke with a feminine voice etc, I won't go into detaiuls, but I was turned on.
Normally In the past I would be thinking about how this girl is into me etc and my mind would wander far, but I worked hard in that moment to view her as just a nice happy person. 
That was very difficult but bh was matzliach.

Currently I'm using my friends computer in his room.
Last night I asked a guy to use his computer and he said sure, but upon asking him he said he didnt have a filter, and I declined using it without him or someone else around.
This was hard for me, because in my mind I knew i wouldnt be nichshal, as i didnt want to be.
But I took notice of my pounding heart and realized that there was a part of my self which did want to sin.
So even though my Seichel had the right intentions, I took precaution for my guf.

For me this is a big deal, because it means being aware of both parts to ones Self, which is a much larger discussion.

So bh things are going well, not the way I want them to be but still bh pretty good.

I text a GYE guy daily about my progress and am in touch with others offline as well.
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the love, support, eitza, and encouragement, on and off this site.

YeshivaGuy

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 16 Apr 2021 09:13 #366932

• Striving Avreich
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you for posting this. It's great to know that you are in a better place (in both senses of the phrase) and doing well. You brought a smile to my face.
It's really great hearing you celebrating your success (and that you are having lots of them)

This should be a lesson to all of us that sometimes we just need to pick up, leave the things that are bringing us down and start living again.

Hatzlachah on the new zman

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Apr 2021 00:55 #367417

• YeshivaGuy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Doing pretty well Baruch Hashem.
Been having moments of feeling worthless, that I have no intrinsic self worth, and that I'm simply the sum of my accomplishments and failures... Working with my therapist to work on that inyan.
Anyway, doing good b'chlall, will be b'kesher.

Hatzlocha chevra!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Apr 2021 01:14 #367418

• EvedHashem1836
  • Gold Boarder
great to hear from you! Good to see your climbing back up
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Apr 2021 02:18 #367424

• Lou
  • Platinum Boarder
It is so good to hear from you! We know you are doing the right thing by staying away but we still miss you.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 30 Apr 2021 20:35 #367729

• YeshivaGuy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Had a fall. Movin on

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 04 May 2021 01:33 #367918

• YeshivaGuy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
fell again motzei shabbos.... Still moving on. Rough times folks, in many ways.

Hatzloha Chevra

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 04 May 2021 01:38 #367919

• HappyYid
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
Keep strong! 
I hope all is ok.
We really miss you here, but I'm sure you're better off not having access to Internet...

Hatzlacha!
Feel free to contact me happyyid613@gmail.com
My thread

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 04 May 2021 01:48 #367921

• YeshivaGuy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes Baruch Hashem Yisborach! It's such a game changer. I had an old kosher phone lying around in my room which has a radio and didn't think would be a problem, but it was... So bh got rid of it and looking forward to investing myself in the intricate and geshmak sugyos of Hashems Torah.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 10 May 2021 00:31 #368262

• YeshivaGuy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey guys, I’m home for a few days and will keep you guys posted. I’m seeing some doctors, it’s been hard on many fronts particularly in the mental health department...

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 10 May 2021 01:54 #368265

• YeshivaGuy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
A lot A lot of taiva folks

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 10 May 2021 02:50 #368266

• EvedHashem1836
  • Gold Boarder
push through! You know your own strengths and weaknesses and you know you can win this battle its just the yetzer hara wants you to think otherwise.

And yes you want to win and be free because as seen on this forum having a problem with taiva has the power to destroy marriages so you want to be squeaky clean by your wedding.

You were at 200 days which was incredible. You fell and then you fell a bit more. Why don't you get back on the track that you were on? Every time you fall it makes it harder (but still manageable) to get back up but you have it in you to make it back to where you were. Just today I was in the car and thought of something I saw when I was acting out about 100 days ago yet my brain still remembers! Every time you look at new things (speaking to you if thats what youre doing or anyone else reading this) you're adding new images to your head that have the potential to cause future falls when you want to stay clean, not just this one.

You can say "I'm holding at 400 days clean with a month of falls" or something similar but once the falls start coming more and more you no longer are the person you were and it becomes "I was clean for 200 days and since then I haven't been clean for 30 consecutive days over the last year"

Which do you want to be?
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 10 May 2021 05:35 #368272

• i-man
  • Platinum Boarder
Good to hear from you brother.

Consider joining our 90 day challenge - it would be a chizuk for you and for us .

If you can access email In Yeshiva you would be able to stay updated .

Be well
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes