Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest

Wake Sleepy up!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Wake Sleepy up! 17045 Views

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 27 Aug 2019 00:23 #343132

• sleepy
  • Current streak: 1031 days
  • Platinum Boarder
was that a bad joke or a good but sick joke?
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
For an explanation on my choice of username and avatar see my first post
Feel free to email me at
wakesleepy@mail.com

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 27 Aug 2019 00:24 #343133

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
am i allowed to highjack my own thread?
Feel free to email me at
wakesleepy@mail.com

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 27 Aug 2019 23:04 #343164

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
has anyone noticed or had a feeling from reading certain posts that there are people here who when it comes to lust seem to be very knowledgeable in fighting/curing it, but when it comes to other things like ways of talking to others , kavod habri'os,it seems to be a neglected thing by them,do other things get lost and sacrificed  due to fighting this nisayon, is it possible to fight lust AND to be careful of other peoples feelings ?HAS anyone had experience with themselves meaning they feel as they were  fighting lust, they were going down in other areas?
Feel free to email me at
wakesleepy@mail.com
Last Edit: 27 Aug 2019 23:08 by sleepy.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 28 Aug 2019 00:35 #343165

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
i was just thinking  , maybe one day at a time is" merumaze" in the word yom kipur
yom-one day
kipur-will bring a kaparah!
Feel free to email me at
wakesleepy@mail.com
Last Edit: 28 Aug 2019 00:37 by sleepy.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 28 Aug 2019 00:37 #343166

• Markz
  • Current streak: 67 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ieeyc wrote on 27 Aug 2019 23:04:
has anyone noticed or had a feeling from reading certain posts that there are people here who when it comes to lust seem to be very knowledgeable in fighting/curing it, but when it comes to other things like ways of talking to others , kavod habri'os,it seems to be a neglected thing by them,do other things get lost and sacrificed  due to fighting this nisayon, is it possible to fight lust AND to be careful of other peoples feelings ?HAS anyone had experience with themselves meaning they feel as they were  fighting lust, they were going down in other areas?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 28 Aug 2019 03:40 by Markz.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 28 Aug 2019 00:42 #343167

• i-man
  • Platinum Boarder
sleepy wrote on 27 Aug 2019 23:04:

I think the forum speaks for itself - it seems to me that the vast majority of people and posts are respectful to others, sometimes the written word gets misunderstood by a reader  .
Last Edit: 28 Aug 2019 04:20 by i-man.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 28 Aug 2019 00:44 #343168

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
i dont know maybe im just too sensitive, but i was reading through guys posts and was surprised how some people gave apretty sharp reply ,more than was warrented in my opinion
Feel free to email me at
wakesleepy@mail.com

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 28 Aug 2019 01:42 #343170

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
i-man wrote on 28 Aug 2019 00:42:

sleepy wrote on 27 Aug 2019 23:04:

I think the forum speaks for itself - it seems to me that the vast majority of people and posts are respectful to others, sometimes the written word gets misunderstood by a reader  .

that could very well be.
Feel free to email me at
wakesleepy@mail.com

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 28 Aug 2019 02:01 #343171

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
if anyone is interested ,there is an interesting politics hotline by someone yaakov m., its a real kosher way of being up to date on politics with an analysis he has some other news features, its only $3 dollars a month, or so, i think its worth it .( i dont know him personaly and im  not making anything on the deal , just sharing)number is 848 261 6397 (nice sense of humor too, sounds like a very Torahdig person) 
its called (the) jewish news channel,enjoy!
Feel free to email me at
wakesleepy@mail.com
Last Edit: 28 Aug 2019 02:05 by sleepy.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 28 Aug 2019 14:58 #343186

• stillgoing
  • Current streak: 168 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "LIFE IS ONLY HARD FOR THE FIRST 120 YEARS!"
sleepy wrote on 27 Aug 2019 00:13:
hi, just curios, i see here on posts how people say about themselves," im not bad , im sick..."is there anything wrong with me if i think about myself that im bad, but i want to do Teshuva?(and therefore im really good now )

Your post is funny to me. Without getting into the whole "sick" topic which has to do with addiction, you wrote (not exact quote) "If I'm bad and want to do teshuva, then I'm actually good" sounds like you answered your own question, no?
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 28 Aug 2019 16:06 #343188

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
stillgoing wrote on 28 Aug 2019 14:58:

sleepy wrote on 27 Aug 2019 00:13:
hi, just curios, i see here on posts how people say about themselves," im not bad , im sick..."is there anything wrong with me if i think about myself that im bad, but i want to do Teshuva?(and therefore im really good now )

Your post is funny to me. Without getting into the whole "sick" topic which has to do with addiction, you wrote (not exact quote) "If I'm bad and want to do teshuva, then I'm actually good" sounds like you answered your own question, no?

Good point,so your saying basically that someone who lusts is one out of two,
1.im sick(addicted)and have(want)to get healthy 
2.I'm bad(not addicted )and have(want) to do Teshuva.I hear.
I just get the feeling  that someone who is#2  doesn't like living with the feeling that he's bad and runs to number#1 im not bad but sick and basically does things that someone who is #2 does, Teshuva ,but sugarcoats it in healing(if it works it works) I was just saying what's wrong by realizing and admitting yes I'm bad (not rotten to the core),I have a neshama,a pintele yid,and I CAN fix it up ,and I don't have to escape from feelings of guilt,I messed up and I can clean up.
Of course there are addicts who are sick and it's not an issue of Teshuva,my post was focused to the other fellas.
thanks for pointing it out
Feel free to email me at
wakesleepy@mail.com

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 28 Aug 2019 17:15 #343198

• Markz
  • Current streak: 67 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The King has a soft spot for you
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 28 Aug 2019 21:14 #343206

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 28 Aug 2019 17:15:
The King has a soft spot for you

if i have any nightmares tonight, id like to say thank you in advance
Feel free to email me at
wakesleepy@mail.com

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 28 Aug 2019 21:32 #343207

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
i just want to give a shout out to gye and all the participents here, for a certain reason i had to be in the vicinity of a not so great filtered pc,and i had yichud,and alot of uninterupted hours and unfortunately a yetzer hara,and i was going to search something that my wife wouldnt of been proud of me, to put it mildly, and i decided all of a sudden , i dont know  why , let me  first go on gye, and BH the tayva passed  and  i came out clean,and thats all thanks to  that theres a gye and an olam (chevra)here
Feel free to email me at
wakesleepy@mail.com

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 28 Aug 2019 21:51 #343209

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
btw,i just wanted to mention that if anyone wants to take issue with my posts  look at my avatar and see that i just became an ExpertBoarder   :smug:   , so think twice 
Feel free to email me at
wakesleepy@mail.com
Last Edit: 17 Sep 2019 08:18 by sleepy.
Time to create page: 1.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes