Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest

Wake Sleepy up!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Wake Sleepy up! 7721 Views

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 29 Oct 2019 14:28 #344645

• higher
  • Current streak: 37 days
  • Gold Boarder
Markz wrote on 29 Oct 2019 14:02:

sleepy wrote on 29 Oct 2019 05:55:
i really feel bad writing this, but maybe a toeles will come from this, ive had bad experience with reading dovs quotes,notes.and i said no more reading his things, well last night i gave it another try for almost an hour going through his posts , and unfortunately i came out of it with the same decision,dov is not for me , i gave it a try.simply said ,its not for me, and i am jealous of those who have been touched by dov and whose lives have been turned around,he no speaka my language or i dont speak his. maybe someone here could , untwist my brain or something.but as of now , the track that i was going on  is what ill have to humbly travel on ,and Hashem ya'azor

No need to be jealous. 
I can assure you that Dov is not on his high horse and is perfectly fine with whatever is thrown at him. 

It was just too general what you wrote.
Mind to share 1 or 2 things that Dov says, which don’t sit well with you? 

who said hes jealous? maybe hes just frustrated? or maybe he does seek to give voice to those that dont want to accept what dov says because it doesnt sit well with them either? he didnt accuse dov of sitting on a high horse and i dont know why thats necessary to bring up.
your point about bringing something that dov says as an example is valid but there are many reasons why a poster wouldnt want to share on a forum including but not limited to if the objection is not what dov says but his tone-thats clearly subjective and could be hes not comftorable sharing that. there can be other reasons, too. maybe some can involve what could be interpreted as lashon hara. im not assuming im just putting that out there.
in general, although humor is helpful, i dont think gyes forums are about ''throwing things'' at anyone. its about seeking support and getting help (at least a proper address). 
just my thoughts
Last Edit: 29 Oct 2019 14:40 by higher.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 29 Oct 2019 14:29 #344646

• Markz
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
i-man wrote on 29 Oct 2019 14:16:
sounds like sleepy is trying to lure Dov back to the forum ( for a while now) Helevai we should be so lucky , but unfortunately I don't think he will take the bait..

I know sleepy well enough to tell you that’s not his intent here. 
I wonder if sleepy can muster the power to reply to what I just asked earlier and vek fin der slumber
My Story---------Dov Quotes

What works for me:
ForumInternet Restrictions

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 29 Oct 2019 14:31 #344647

• higher
  • Gold Boarder
i made a mistake bout jealous, i see he did mention that. i thought you meant in general.
i dont know sleepy so i cant comment. 

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 29 Oct 2019 14:43 #344649

• cordnoy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm sailin', for I've got to be free
I need to go into another meetin'. Fellows, I'm the only mod that watches this forum, certainly in real time. I am far from perfect. There is a lot of leeway given, especially from me, as I consider this forum as a public domain. I recently read from one of the officials here that the main mission of GYE is to brin' people closer to God. I'm not sure if I agree or disagree, perhaps that's why we're put in this world in general, but all I can say is please just take it easy. I don't mind if one fellow calls another out, I think it's healthy. I will not give parameters here as to what you should say and what you shouldn't. Some of you are holier than others. You definitely are all holier than me. All I say is please, thanks much.

Godspeed
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads:
GYE Handbook | Gibbor's Insights | GYE FAQ - Thanks Skep and DMS123456789 White Book | Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous)

If one gives up at the first sign of a struggle, he is really not ready to be successful."
"Tryin' and doin' are two different thin's - tryin' is hopin'; doin' is succeedin'.
"The right thin' to do and the hard thin' to do are usually the same."

Disclaimer: I am not a cheerleader; B"H, there are many on the site. I am here to change myself, and with God's help, by some mistake, I might even help change others.

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 29 Oct 2019 18:37 #344658

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
higher wrote on 29 Oct 2019 14:28:

i really feel bad writing this, but maybe a toeles will come from this, ive had bad experience with reading dovs quotes,notes.and i said no more reading his things, well last night i gave it another try for almost an hour going through his posts , and unfortunately i came out of it with the same decision,dov is not for me , i gave it a try.simply said ,its not for me, and i am jealous of those who have been touched by dov and whose lives have been turned around,he no speaka my language or i dont speak his. maybe someone here could , untwist my brain or something.but as of now , the track that i was going on  is what ill have to humbly travel on ,and Hashem ya'azor

No need to be jealous. 
I can assure you that Dov is not on his high horse and is perfectly fine with whatever is thrown at him. 

who said hes jealous? maybe hes just frustrated? or maybe he does seek to give voice to those that dont want to accept what dov says because it doesnt sit well with them either? he didnt accuse dov of sitting on a high horse and i dont know why thats necessary to bring up.
your point about bringing something that dov says as an example is valid but there are many reasons why a poster wouldnt want to share on a forum including but not limited to if the objection is not what dov says but his tone-thats clearly subjective and could be hes not comftorable sharing that. there can be other reasons, too. maybe some can involve what could be interpreted as lashon hara. im not assuming im just putting that out there.
in general, although humor is helpful, i dont think gyes forums are about ''throwing things'' at anyone. its about seeking support and getting help (at least a proper address). 
just my thoughts

hi, first time today that i had a chance to get to an internet kiosk,,i gotta run but i want to thank all who have responded to my post ,ill have to reply  later IYH,i just want to say
1.nobody on gye knows me
2. i dont think highers tone was loud(maybe my volume setting is low)
3.higher happens to hit upon some points why i didnt give examples of dovs writings ,but maybe i will try to make an effort maybe later
as  far as being jealous , ive suffered from jealosy as a bachur when other guys got "the Reb Chaim" and i didnt, and i sure am jealous of people who have someone to  make a difference in their lives but im unable to access that source due,probably to my limited mental capacity .i do have other people who are making a difference in my life ,but i guess im being greedy and want to be inspired by dov too, but am not able to. gotta go hatzlacha
For an explanation on my choice of username and avatar see my first post

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 30 Oct 2019 01:15 #344666

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
i apologize if someone was upset with #2, i dont know why but i didnt mean anything personal( i got an email that someone was upset)

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 30 Oct 2019 04:42 #344685

• eslaasos
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
When I first started with GYE 4 years ago I was so mad at Dov, he was high on my resentment list.
At this point I do gain a lot from him, but there's still plenty I don't get, but it's all OK. We're all just trying our best to do the right thing.
Quotes that speak to me
What do we replace it with....Life (Cordnoy)
My Thread    My Other Thread

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 30 Oct 2019 04:57 #344686

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 29 Oct 2019 14:29:

i-man wrote on 29 Oct 2019 14:16:
sounds like sleepy is trying to lure Dov back to the forum ( for a while now) Helevai we should be so lucky , but unfortunately I don't think he will take the bait..

I know sleepy well enough to tell you that’s not his intent here. 
I wonder if sleepy can muster the power to reply to what I just asked earlier and vek fin der slumber

markz,are you SURPRISED that some people might not understand or receive direction from dovs posts?

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 30 Oct 2019 05:06 #344688

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
higher wrote on 29 Oct 2019 14:28:

No need to be jealous. 

just my thoughts

frustrated IS the word to describe how i felt after researching an hour long study of dovs writings and not getting anything tangible  from it either due to lack of iq or due to different derech.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 30 Oct 2019 05:07 #344689

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
What's the big deal - You could like Dov's posts or you could Dislike Dov's posts , I for one like them and no I dont necessarily follow his mehalech, 
but its undeniable that he has helped  a lot of guys here in a very real way ,so let people be farkoifed no one is forcing anything on anyone else (i know I know sometimes they may give a strong suggestion dont take it to heart )
Last Edit: 30 Oct 2019 05:10 by i-man.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 30 Oct 2019 05:14 #344690

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
eslaasos wrote on 30 Oct 2019 04:42:
When I first started with GYE 4 years ago I was so mad at Dov, he was high on my resentment list.
At this point I do gain a lot from him, but there's still plenty I don't get, but it's all OK. We're all just trying our best to do the right thing.

thank you for validating my feelings eslaasos

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 30 Oct 2019 05:40 #344691

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
i-man wrote on 30 Oct 2019 05:07:
What's the big deal - You could like Dov's posts or you could Dislike Dov's posts , I for one like them and no I dont necessarily follow his mehalech, 
but its undeniable that he has helped  a lot of guys here in a very real way ,so let people be farkoifed no one is forcing anything on anyone else (i know I know sometimes they may give a strong suggestion dont take it to heart )

but its undeniable that he has helped  a lot of guys here in a very real way 
exactly! that is why i was feeling guilty to post  ,and that was the purpose of my post,   hoping someone  can change my mindset   and get me to join  the bandwagon of his followers,but its not going to happen.

(i know I know sometimes they may give a strong suggestion dont take it to heart )
another great point ,there are things that are strong suggestions of certain things and could be damaging to me.
kol tuv
Last Edit: 30 Oct 2019 05:43 by sleepy.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 30 Oct 2019 19:24 #344738

• higher
  • Gold Boarder
eslaasos wrote on 30 Oct 2019 04:42:

im assuming this is a nice humble way of saying things. (the bolded words at the end).
i think its worthy of pointing out that...
1. dov is not G-D.  (please, dont shoot! btw i think dov would agree to this!)
2. it is possible that he can be wrong, (again, dont shoot!)
3. and its possible that he can be wrong for a specific individual.
even if hes very smart and has helped many people. 
no one is obligated to follow anyones advice here in any way. it still pays to listen to people, especially smart people and especially if they have experience with a good track record. but there is alot more than that in terms of deciding if something is right for YOU.
i think much of what i said has been alluded to i still feel that for some there is an importance in spelling this out.
Last Edit: 30 Oct 2019 19:32 by higher.

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 30 Oct 2019 19:56 #344739

• Markz
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
This is possible, and that is possible...
Life abounds with many possibilities...

No one has to buy any Dov Soap megilla’s if they don’t want to due to lack of iq or due to different derech.

What you were saying “How does one know what is right for “You”?”

Here on gye I believe the 1st reality is getting sober 90 days plus.
Although don’t credit myself at all for having a substantial clean streak - it’s Thank Gd!

After you hit that Mark (softly please), and discover what DOES work for you, I’d love to hear your take.

Please let’s keep the positivity rocking

KOP
My Story---------Dov Quotes

What works for me:
ForumInternet Restrictions

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Wake Sleepy up! 30 Oct 2019 22:34 #344742

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 30 Oct 2019 19:56:
This is possible, and that is possible...
Life abounds with many possibilities...

Here on gye I believe the 1st reality is getting sober 90 days plus.

"Here on gye I believe the 1st reality is getting sober 90 days plus."

that is also possible...
although i have discussed with some people on gye who disagree with that theory.
Last Edit: 30 Oct 2019 22:37 by sleepy.
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes