Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest

A struggling bochur
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: A struggling bochur 59822 Views

Re: A struggling bochur 28 Aug 2019 17:00 #343196

• sleepy
  • Current streak: 778 days
  • Platinum Boarder
II think we should all take my meds and calm down
For an explanation on my choice of username and avatar see my first post

Re: A struggling bochur 28 Aug 2019 17:06 #343197

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
sleepy wrote on 28 Aug 2019 17:00:
I think we should all take my meds and calm down

"our" meds,auto correct strikes again

Re: A struggling bochur 28 Aug 2019 21:44 #343208

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
Trouble wrote on 28 Aug 2019 15:30:
Gents,

We are all standing on our tippie toes, neck-deep in the Mikvah water. It's not pleasant being here, but it can be. Our guard is down (yaakov?). We can be somewhat defenseless, but we can also behave like men. Pseudonyms, hidden masks, disguises, double identities, mistaken identities, frauds, etc. can only go so far, or can it? I am a member of all the above. Can't this place be a safe haven even without all the sensitivities? Most of us are anonymous. Some of us have met in back alleys, coffee shops, sleazy bars and clubs, park benches, etc. Let's remember that our clothing is in the locker room. We all wear the same shirt and pants (in general terms). Can we not smile, cajole, laugh, mock, criticize, etc. (Is there a rule against using etc. too many times in one paragraph?) Is it too difficult to just get along with each other's idiosyncracies? I don't mean getting along as in friends, but more like colleagues. We don't always need to see eye to eye, and we should not be afraid to tell each other that, even in a direct manner. Yes, we'd like people (all 26 of us) to be able to freely post on the forum and perhaps receive some productive and worthwhile assistance, but does that mean we must agree with everyone's stupidities, foolishness, immaturity, intensities, etc. (Oops, did it again, and I also switched the tenses)? I don't know. Let's just not be so serious. Are we actually afraid that someone might actually listen to one fellow and not to the other? And if yes, who really cares? Do we have the monopoly on sounds advice? Heck, I know I don't (even though I might tell you that I do). What's the worst that can happen? He will stay a lust addict. Big deal! Join the club!

"(all 26 of us)" thats not including multiple personalities,you know what fights you caused in me?

Re: A struggling bochur 20 Sep 2019 03:56 #343676

Haven't been here for a while, longest absence since joining. 

In fact I've not been on any website online as I've recently joined a different Yeshivah which doesn't really have good service and it's totally in middle of nowhere so no women Walking around either, but any small thing gets me triggered so I've still got be careful.
Feel free to pm me, currently a lucky choson which merited to have discovered gye 1.5 years ago which BH totally changed my life from one extreme to the other!

הנותן עיניו במה שאינו שלו, מה שמבקש לא נותנים לו, ומה שבידו נוטלים ממנה

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 20 Sep 2019 13:06 #343681

• Dave M
  • Current streak: 344 days
  • Gold Boarder
It's nice to hear from you!  Glad to hear your absence on this forum was due to limited internet access.  How the new yeshiva working out?

Re: A struggling bochur 22 Sep 2019 06:22 #343692

• gyehelp2017
  • Current streak: 224 days
  • Gold Boarder
Happy to hear from you S&k, long time no "see". You kept us holding our breaths around here, not knowing what happened to you, we missed your posts containing continues courage and great chizak to all of us. Thanks for sharing with us that you are doing great. Keep it up, and keep us posted on your success!

Re: A struggling bochur 23 Sep 2019 05:32 #343718

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
hatzlacha on your new yeshiva! A ksiva vchasima Tova!

Re: A struggling bochur 26 Sep 2019 06:16 #343838

My status of a struggling bochur will iyh be changing very soon  to "A successful yungerman"

Mazel tov!! Who'd believe it?!

If not for gye then...............
Feel free to pm me, currently a lucky choson which merited to have discovered gye 1.5 years ago which BH totally changed my life from one extreme to the other!

הנותן עיניו במה שאינו שלו, מה שמבקש לא נותנים לו, ומה שבידו נוטלים ממנה

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)
Last Edit: 26 Sep 2019 06:17 by Shnitzel and kugel.

Re: A struggling bochur 26 Sep 2019 06:44 #343840

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazal  tov! Thanks for the great news!you should be zoche to be boneh a bayis ne`eman   biyisroel bikarov!

Re: A struggling bochur 26 Sep 2019 09:34 #343845

• cordnoy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm sailin', for I've got to be free
Shnitzel and kugel wrote on 26 Sep 2019 06:16:
My status of a struggling bochur will iyh be changing very soon  to "A successful yungerman"

Mazel tov!! Who'd believe it?!

If not for gye then...............

Mazel tov!
Great news!
Much continued nachas!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads:
GYE Handbook | Gibbor's Insights | GYE FAQ - Thanks Skep and DMS123456789 White Book | Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous)

If one gives up at the first sign of a struggle, he is really not ready to be successful."
"Tryin' and doin' are two different thin's - tryin' is hopin'; doin' is succeedin'.
"The right thin' to do and the hard thin' to do are usually the same."

Disclaimer: I am not a cheerleader; B"H, there are many on the site. I am here to change myself, and with God's help, by some mistake, I might even help change others.

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: A struggling bochur 26 Sep 2019 10:12 #343846

• Gevura Shebyesod
  • Current streak: 2345 days
  • Platinum Boarder
WOW!!! Mazel Tov!!!!!! 
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

And every day that you want to waste, that you want to waste, you can
And every day that you want to wake up, that you want to wake, you can
And every day that you want to change, that you want to change, yeah
I'll help you see it through...

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: A struggling bochur 26 Sep 2019 11:26 #343848

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 1085 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel tov!!! Your wife will iyh be one fortunate kallah!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: A struggling bochur 26 Sep 2019 12:57 #343853

• Dave M
  • Current streak: 344 days
  • Gold Boarder
Mazol Tov!  You'll soon see that all the hard work you put into as a bochur will help your marriage.

Re: A struggling bochur 26 Sep 2019 15:22 #343866

• gyehelp2017
  • Current streak: 224 days
  • Gold Boarder
Mazel tov Mazel tov!!! Thanks for sharing. So happy to hear! May you be zoche to build a happy and pure home.
And in the zichus of doing so much great work yourself and with others, may you only see simcha in your own home!

Re: A struggling bochur 03 Oct 2019 19:46 #343968

• Onceandforall
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Senior Boarder
Mazel Tov!! Wonderful news!!
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes