Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest

A Journey Without a Name
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: A Journey Without a Name 47211 Views

Re: A Journey Without a Name 21 Nov 2019 19:01 #345292

• sleepy
  • Current streak: 778 days
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 18 Nov 2019 16:38:

DiamondWithAFlaw wrote on 18 Nov 2019 16:01:
Dear Una, 
I just want to say that I'm so so sorry. I cannot fathom how you must feel. I have the utmost respect for you. 
I primarily spend my time in the BB section because my marriage is what brought me to GYE. I recently came across your thread there and loved everything you wrote. That brought me to your thread here and the day after I finished this thread I saw your last post. My jaw dropped. I said to myself - holy.... this YH is such a BEAST! (of course I knew that already having been fighting the fight for so many years, but your post brought it to a new level for me) 
My first 100+ days have been fairly easy and my marriage is so much better than it ever was, but now I'm shaking. 
I recently read a post from Dov where I THINK he said that the 12 steps is the ONLY way to fight addiction. I know people say (and probably will say in response to this) that there are other ways, but maybe they're wrong? 
If I recall correctly, I don't think you were into the 12 steps too much. Just wondering what your thoughts are today. 
I really hope you're doing OK and my heart and prayers go out to you. You have been an inspiration. 

Godspeed to you, Una and all,
Dov never said that, nor does he think that.
I had a fall as well.

There is a strong y"h, and there is a strong pull towards these things. To some it's a bad habit, to others it's an escape mechanism (also can be habitual), and to others, it may very well be a full scale addiction. Some people need simple distraction tools. Others need a heavy dose of mussar. Some need meetings, books and steps. Others use mindfulness. There is a fear tactic that can also help. Prayer works. Smart recovery is gainin' traction. I have found that the number one most integral step which is needed for almost all people is to open up to someone else in a real manner. 

Godspeed to all!

Dov never said that, nor does he think that (that the 12 steps is the only way-sleepy).I had a fall as well.
mr .cordnoy someone asked me to ask you , just because you fell is that a proof that the 12 steps is not the only way?
im not saying it is the only way im not saying not, im not discussing what i personaly feel about 12 steps as far as my situation is concerned , we just didnt follow your line of reasoning .(as we understood that you meant to say ,could be we  didnt get it)could be there is something called  the only way but people fall because they are not working it but not because it doesnt work., whether its this way or that way.
For an explanation on my choice of username and avatar see my first post

Re: A Journey Without a Name 22 Nov 2019 02:06 #345307

• Tzvi5
  • Current streak: 1188 days
  • Senior Boarder
sleepy wrote on 21 Nov 2019 18:11:

Dear Una, 
I just want to say that I'm so so sorry. I cannot fathom how you must feel. I have the utmost respect for you. 
I primarily spend my time in the BB section because my marriage is what brought me to GYE. I recently came across your thread there and loved everything you wrote. That brought me to your thread here and the day after I finished this thread I saw your last post. My jaw dropped. I said to myself - holy.... this YH is such a BEAST! (of course I knew that already having been fighting the fight for so many years, but your post brought it to a new level for me) 
My first 100+ days have been fairly easy and my marriage is so much better than it ever was, but now I'm shaking. 
I recently read a post from Dov where I THINK he said that the 12 steps is the ONLY way to fight addiction. I know people say (and probably will say in response to this) that there are other ways, but maybe they're wrong? 
If I recall correctly, I don't think you were into the 12 steps too much. Just wondering what your thoughts are today. 
I really hope you're doing OK and my heart and prayers go out to you. You have been an inspiration. 

I had a fall as well.
There is a strong y"h, and there is a strong pull towards these things. To some it's a bad habit, to others it's an escape mechanism (also can be habitual), and to others, it may very well be a full scale addiction. Some people need simple distraction tools. Others need a heavy dose of mussar. Some need meetings, books and steps. Others use mindfulness. There is a fear tactic that can also help. Prayer works. Smart recovery is gainin' traction. I have found that the number one most integral step which is needed for almost all people is to open up to someone else in a real manner. 

Godspeed to all!

the only difference between all the groups is: whos going to burn if they dont stop and who, because its a full scale sickness wont get punished .

Gehinom is cleansing for the neshama.
lichuurah one would be soiled regardless of whether he's ""sick"" or not. 

Re: A Journey Without a Name 22 Nov 2019 19:41 #345318

• cordnoy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm sailin', for I've got to be free
sleepy wrote on 21 Nov 2019 19:01:

Dear Una, 

I had a fall as well.

Godspeed to all!

Dov never said that, nor does he think that (that the 12 steps is the only way-sleepy).I had a fall as well.
mr .cordnoy someone asked me to ask you , just because you fell is that a proof that the 12 steps is not the only way?
im not saying it is the only way im not saying not, im not discussing what i personaly feel about 12 steps as far as my situation is concerned , we just didnt follow your line of reasoning .(as we understood that you meant to say ,could be we  didnt get it)could be there is something called  the only way but people fall because they are not working it but not because it doesnt work., whether its this way or that way.

You can have him email me: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads:
GYE Handbook | Gibbor's Insights | GYE FAQ - Thanks Skep and DMS123456789 White Book | Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous)

If one gives up at the first sign of a struggle, he is really not ready to be successful."
"Tryin' and doin' are two different thin's - tryin' is hopin'; doin' is succeedin'.
"The right thin' to do and the hard thin' to do are usually the same."

Disclaimer: I am not a cheerleader; B"H, there are many on the site. I am here to change myself, and with God's help, by some mistake, I might even help change others.

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: A Journey Without a Name 22 Nov 2019 20:16 #345320

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
if its so private maybe forget it,
Last Edit: 24 Nov 2019 16:08 by sleepy.

Re: A Journey Without a Name 24 Nov 2019 16:08 #345339

• sleepy
  • Platinum Boarder
mr.cordnoy,if he emails you, can he show your response to others?
Last Edit: 24 Nov 2019 16:10 by sleepy.

Re: A Journey Without a Name 24 Nov 2019 16:38 #345342

• cordnoy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm sailin', for I've got to be free
sleepy wrote on 24 Nov 2019 16:08:
mr.cordnoy,if he emails you, can he show your response to others?

With pleasure.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads:
GYE Handbook | Gibbor's Insights | GYE FAQ - Thanks Skep and DMS123456789 White Book | Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous)

If one gives up at the first sign of a struggle, he is really not ready to be successful."
"Tryin' and doin' are two different thin's - tryin' is hopin'; doin' is succeedin'.
"The right thin' to do and the hard thin' to do are usually the same."

Disclaimer: I am not a cheerleader; B"H, there are many on the site. I am here to change myself, and with God's help, by some mistake, I might even help change others.

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes